Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit outs:

Jamar 21
Pedersen 7
Sandilands 19
Clarke 16
Okay so you did some research. While applauding you on general principles I should caution you about the unorthodox use of facts during an Internet discussion

How good does Vandenberg have to become before everyone in the league notices the original typo from when he got drafted and stops copy/pasting the capitaisation not existing at the start of his surname and then pops up for the berg bit? I feel like I'm the only person in the world who has noticed it.

vandenBerg??????????????

How good does Vandenberg have to become before everyone in the league notices the original typo from when he got drafted and stops copy/pasting the capitaisation not existing at the start of his surname and then pops up for the berg bit? I feel like I'm the only person in the world who has noticed it.

vandenBerg??????????????
You are not alone, but the capitalisation is probably correct in the spelling of his name

Educate me please sir.
His name is of Dutch origin. Not sure how to explain clearly so i'll just quote wikipedia
According to Dutch language rules in the Netherlands, the tussenvoegsel in a surname is written with a capital letter only when it starts a sentence or is not preceded by a first name or initial. So referring to a Peter whose surname is "De Vries" we write "meneer De Vries" (Mr De Vries), but "Peter de Vries" and "P. de Vries".

His name is of Dutch origin. Not sure how to explain clearly so i'll just quote wikipedia
Yeah I've seen parts of Dutch surnames not capitalised but haven't seen a random capital in the middle like that. maybe if it was vanden Berg or van den Berg? Is anyone on the board willing to confess to being Dutch so they can sort this out?

Was mentioned in an artcile on MFC

vandenBerg??????????????

vandenBerg is the correct spelling.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2015-01-16/day-4-hot-dees-train-hard-on-camp

A handful of players in rehab have also endured a tough session, including new rookie Aaron vandenBerg (note the spelling – he spells his surname with a lower case ‘v’ and a capital ‘B’ – all one word).

I actually did read that piece at the time, I guess I skipped over that part because I wasn't particularly interested in some old rookie from Canberra. :drunk:
Watch what you say about Canberra pal. There is a pretty big Melbourne supporting contingent here :thumbsu:

Besides, Hird came from Canber......hm, guess we can't brag about that anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guy's , looks as though we will sign Jack Fitzpatrick.....what can people tell me about him , and might it be we see in him ?

Hes the guy who kept Boyd to 1 handball a few weeks after Boyd kicked 4 on Lake ;)

Whilst I'm surprised Hawthorn would pick him up, I thought he was stiff to be delisted. He has an eye for goal, is very quick for his size and can play at either end of the ground. Is a poor ruckman, not a great pack mark considering his size and isn't a big ballwinner. Will certainly fit into Hawthorns 'play your role' mantra and whilst I doubt he'll play many AFL games he'll be a handy backup.

Guy's , looks as though we will sign Jack Fitzpatrick.....what can people tell me about him , and might it be we see in him ?
Much better than he looks. If your coaching staff can see past his totally unco style he'll be a handy backup forward and back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back