Injury Injuries 2014 : The state of No Play

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really ?? Webber only released his injury report a couple if hours before Ross went to air. The worst part about that is that I thought Macca was a better chance to get up than Dawson :( may not have either against ports skilled forward line :(

It might mean that we end up playing a highly defensive game against Port, locking it down at every opportunity. Personally I think that is one of our best chances of winning.

It's definitely not ideal but I'm not going to be the one to say we can't still get over the line.

We
It might mean that we end up playing a highly defensive game against Port, locking it down at every opportunity. Personally I think that is one of our best chances of winning.

It's definitely not ideal but I'm not going to be the one to say we can't still get over the line.
we certainly can, especially with our midfield and if the forward line fires a bit better like it did on Sunday. Pav didn't even kick one did he. If Clarke plays well again and Pav gets into the game coupled with our top notch midfield, we are every chance. But against Port every defender we lose will hurt. PrY that Zac gets up

has anyone got a link/video?

It seems really weird the club would list him as a test yet ross suggest hes out? .....Games? Just weird...?

has anyone got a link/video?

It seems really weird the club would list him as a test yet ross suggest hes out? .....Games? Just weird...?

Freo will put up Ross's cross with Basil tomorrow. The Health update injury video with Jason Weber said they would try and get them up for a test. So not exactly too far out of sync with each other.

This concerns me greatly. Quads are never a good thing in terms of recovery, and with Ports and Cats forwards really need McPharlin playing. Zac was on crutches so also expect him to miss.

This concerns me greatly. Quads are never a good thing in terms of recovery, and with Ports and Cats forwards really need McPharlin playing. Zac was on crutches so also expect him to miss.
Pretty sure the footage was from yesterday (he wasn't in Freo gear) and the club doctors would have told him to be on crutches straight away until they get the scan back just for precaution.

I'm not saying he won't miss but the fact he was on crutches isn't evidence that he will.

McPharlin quoted in the media as saying he has a "knick"in the quad. Whatever that means.

Will 100% miss. Damn, that's our 2 key defenders out. We could see Keplar back in the side this week and playing in defence. Silvagni has to be guaranteed a spot. I think the only other available tall option in defence could be A.Pearce. Not good. Our injuries are going to wreck us this year.

C'mon lad let see how we perform this weekend.
I'm confident of a victory this weekend,our midfield will get the job done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game is up to Freo's midfield now. Really need a four quarter effort from them. The rest will follow.

Will almost certainly miss, too valuable to risk.

Being a quad etc., then that would be the ideal thing (rest for week), but I don't think it will happen.

Especially if Dawson doesn't make it, they're going to be desperate to play Elvis even if he's half baked. Depending on the nature of the thing, he might be able to run around reasonably well, but then not be able to kick properly for example. Being such a player, they might be tempted to put him out there in that state anyway to help keep the back half in order.

So yeah, probably ideally would miss, but my fear is that the players themselves/staff will fudge one or both through the KPI's like they did with Mayne and play them half-baked. Such a big game, history shows that clubs tend to buckle to the temptation to play them - it's then just a matter of just how bad they are during the game.

We'll see, could pan out completely differently too.

EDIT: Just catching up with the news, seems like the noise is that McPharlin will almost certainly miss. Well that's probably the best thing in the long term anyway. Now we just have to see how Dawson goes I guess.

Last edited:
We

we certainly can, especially with our midfield and if the forward line fires a bit better like it did on Sunday. Pav didn't even kick one did he. If Clarke plays well again and Pav gets into the game coupled with our top notch midfield, we are every chance. But against Port every defender we lose will hurt. PrY that Zac gets up

Pav doesn't mind showing off in front of the Adelaide crowds.

Lock him in for a handful.

Pav doesn't mind showing off in front of the Adelaide crowds.

Lock him in for a handful.
It is Pav's old home ground, so you could be right.

Being a quad etc., then that would be the ideal thing (rest for week), but I don't think it will happen.

Especially if Dawson doesn't make it, they're going to be desperate to play Elvis even if he's half baked. Depending on the nature of the thing, he might be able to run around reasonably well, but then not be able to kick properly for example. Being such a player, they might be tempted to put him out there in that state anyway to help keep the back half in order.

My experience with quad injuries is that you can move around ok but you can't sprint. Obviously there's different degrees of injury but most of the ones I've had/seen haven't prevented anyone from suiting up in C grade ammos. AFL might be slightly more intense :D

Updated injury list:
INJURY LIST
PlayerInjuryDuration
Zac DawsonAnkletest
Sam MenegolaKneetest
Michael ApenessAdductortest
Stephen HillHamstringtest
Luke McPharlinQuad1 week
Alex PearceShin1 week
Tanner SmithHamstring4 weeks
Max DuffyShoulder4-5 weeks
Scott GumbletonHamstring4-6 weeks
Michael WaltersAnkle13-15 weeks

Notes: McPharlin from test to 1 week :( The rest is the same

Squad Summary

Fremantle XXII (22):
Ballantyne, Barlow, Clarke, Crowley, Crozier, de Boer, Duffield, Fyfe, Hill, Johnson, Mayne, Mundy, Mzungu, Neale, Pavlich, C. Pearce, D. Pearce, Sandilands, Silvagni, Spurr, Suban, Sutcliffe

Emergencies (3): Hannath, Ibbotson, Sheridan

Peel XXII (12): Apeness, Ballard, Bradley, Grey, Griffin, Menegola, Moller, Morabito, A. Pearce, Simpson, Sylvia, Taberner

Peel Reserves (2): Vandeleur, Wood

Injured (6): Dawson (1 week), McPharlin (1 week), Smith (4 weeks), Duffy (4-5 weeks), Gumbleton (4-6 weeks), Walters (13-15 weeks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back