Michael Walters (Ankle) 14-16 weeks

Fantastic news all around.
Barlow from "2-4 weeks" to "test"
Menegola from "4 weeks" to "test"
Apeness from "1-2 weeks" to "test"
A. Pearce from "2 weeks" to "1 week"
Smith and Duffy from "5 weeks" to "4-5 weeks"
Gumbleton from "7 weeks" to "4-6 weeks"

The only disappointment is that Walters hasn't improved from last week. Still 14-16 weeks.
If Morabito gets off, we could theoretically only have 5 players from our squad off the track this weekend.

About time we are due for some good news heh.

Fantastic news

Though the horrible old cynic in me does wonder about these good news injury stories after unexpected losses

Lose to Swans : Walters is progressing well and could play again this year

Lose to North: Barlow may play the derby

If we lose to the Eagles Ross may invite everyone down to the club for a barbecue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

INJURY LIST - AS AT 6 MAY, 2014
Zac Dawson (Ankle) test
Luke McPharlin (Quad) test
Michael Apeness (Adductor) test
Stephen Hill (Hamstring) test
Sam Menegola (Knee) test
Alex Pearce (Shin) 1 week
Tanner Smith (Hamstring) 4 weeks
Max Duffy (Shoulder) 4-5 weeks
Scott Gumbleton (Hamstring) 4-6 weeks
Michael Walters (Ankle) 13-15 weeks

• New injuries: Dawson, Hill, McPharlin (all minor)
  • Improvements: Smith (from 4-5 weeks to 4 weeks), Walters (from 14-16 weeks to 13-15 weeks)
  • Still tests: Apeness, Menegola
  • No improvement: Gumbleton, Duffy, A Pearce

INJURY LIST - AS AT 6 MAY, 2014
  • New injuries: Dawson, Hill, McPharlin (all minor)

That's all good, but do we have something definite on McPharlin and Dawson? I know RTB said last night he was hopeful for one or both, but really didn't have anything official to say.

Going to be a big call to play both if they're not 100% - I know they do KPI's and all that; but just like Mayne in the Sydney game showed, passing a KPI and playing to acceptable level in an actual game can be two different things. To have two key defenders under the pump, could be a risk.

That's all good, but do we have something definite on McPharlin and Dawson? I know RTB said last night he was hopeful for one or both, but really didn't have anything official to say.

Going to be a big call to play both if they're not 100% - I know they do KPI's and all that; but just like Mayne in the Sydney game showed, passing a KPI and playing to acceptable level in an actual game can be two different things. To have two key defenders under the pump, could be a risk.

Agreed. Silvagni's earned a recall and if Ibbo is fit he should be played.

Well webber said that Macca played out the game and pulled up ok he just has to pass the fitness tests through the week. He also said Dawson was subbed but the injury is no where near as significant as they thought, so he wil be tested too. The media showed Dawson in crutches but they do this to keep weight off it until they get results.

He also alluded to the fact Dawson and Macca have spent more time in the club that's required with the physios as they are desperate to get up.

That's all more positive news than we had yesterday I say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back