Injury Injuries 2015 : The state of No Play

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a rumour thread saying Fyfe's injury is a 6 weeker, but I'm not convinced. Freo are great at taking a while to report injuries, but they're not known for under-stating injuries. While I'm hoping it's just a 1 weeker because I want to watch him next weekend at Etihad, the rest'll be good for my buddy because he's been proppy for a few weeks. Get him up for the end of the season to lock in the Brownlow and be 100% for finals.

I'm worried he'll miss out on the Brownlow due to this potential 2 week injury on top of the last month where I don't think he would've polled any votes.

And the worst thing about this is that priddis will probably overtake him in the Brownlow grrrrrrrr

But seriously. Need him right for later in the year. Especially for WC game as that one will be a cracker and need our best team on the park

Will hopefully mean weller can stay in if he has a good game

Still think danyle Pearce may come out for Blakey

Priddis will poll half the votes this year he did last year, with other WC mids like Gaff and Shuey taking votes off him.

Missing games is probably better for him. Won't get suspended.
Love that he plays on edge but always worrying that he could potentially get that suspension any day now. I don't know if he has enough votes so far to still win it considering how players like Priddis are still trucking along and probably polling a few each game. Fyfe might be lucky that Gaff will probs take some votes off Priddis.

I'm worried he'll miss out on the Brownlow due to this potential 2 week injury on top of the last month where I don't think he would've polled any votes.

He's still the (rightly) short priced favourite with the bookies. It would take a sublime run from someone from here to win it. I can assure you it wont be Priddis because I'm trading him into my Supercoach team this week, so there's every chance he'll miss the rest of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a rumour thread saying Fyfe's injury is a 6 weeker, but I'm not convinced. Freo are great at taking a while to report injuries, but they're not known for under-stating injuries. While I'm hoping it's just a 1 weeker because I want to watch him next weekend at Etihad, the rest'll be good for my buddy because he's been proppy for a few weeks. Get him up for the end of the season to lock in the Brownlow and be 100% for finals.

Probably because RTB made a throwaway comment along the lines of "if it's 1, it's 1. If its 2 its 2, if its 6 we will give him 6".

So Pav has been battling a hip issue for the last month or so but is ok now...

Nothing like NOT resting to get rid of a nagging injury :drunk:

INJURY LIST - UPDATED TUESDAY 4 AUGUST
Nat Fyfe (Groin) Test
Michael Johnson (Hamstring) 1-2 weeks
Zac Dawson (Suspension) 2 weeks
Hayden Ballantyne (Pectoral Tendon) 6-7 weeks
Josh Deluca (Leg Stress Reaction) 6-8 weeks
Ryan Crowley (Suspension) 7 weeks
Michael Apeness (Knee) Season
Anthony Morabito (Knee) Season

Good news:
  • Fyfe back to a test.
  • Deluca recovering as expected.
  • Silvagni and Duffy off the injury list.
Bad news:
  • Ballantyne's minimum recovery time is unchanged at 6 weeks. That means he'll miss the qualification final - potentially only one game for him to play ahead of a hypothetical Grand Final.
  • Johnson's minimum recovery time is unchanged at 1 week. That means he won't play this week.
  • Dawson got himself suspended.

Last edited:
Nat Fyfe (Groin) Test

Shouldn't Dawson's read "Brain Explosion 2 weeks". Or maybe in his case it's actually a LTI. Should see if we can upgrade a rookie.

Nat Fyfe (Groin) Test

Good news:
  • Fyfe back to a test.
  • Deluca recovering as expected.
Bad news:
  • Ballantyne's minimum recovery time is unchanged at 6 weeks. That means he'll miss the qualification final - potentially only one game for him to play ahead of a hypothetical Grand Final.
  • Johnson's minimum recovery time is unchanged at 1 week. That means he won't play this week.
  • Dawson got himself suspended.

No Silvagni a good sign. Expected to play at Peel?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back