INJURY LIST - UPDATED TUESDAY 21 JULY
Max Duffy (Calf) 1-2 weeks
Michael Johnson (Hamstring) 2-4 weeks
Hayden Ballantyne (Pectoral Tendon) 7-9 weeks
Ryan Crowley (Suspension) 9 weeks
Michael Apeness (Knee) Season
Anthony Morabito (Knee) TBA

Good news:
  • Duffy and Johnson tracking as expected.
  • Dawson and Silvagni off the injury list.
Bad news:
  • Ballantyne.

INJURY LIST - UPDATED TUESDAY 21 JULY
Max Duffy (Calf) 1-2 weeks
Michael Johnson (Hamstring) 2-4 weeks
Hayden Ballantyne (Pectoral Tendon) 7-9 weeks
Ryan Crowley (Suspension) 9 weeks
Michael Apeness (Knee) Season
Anthony Morabito (Knee) TBA

Good news:
  • Duffy and Johnson tracking as expected.
  • Dawson and Silvagni off the injury list.
Bad news:
  • Ballantyne.

I'm very hopeful we get Johnson back for the derby.

I'm very hopeful we get Johnson back for the derby.

We also know that the club is deliberating taking a slow and measured approach with Johnson so we can be confident that when he does come back, he'll be 100%.

Yeah, you still have to say it quickly though to make it sound less terminal!! bit like "it's only a flesh wound".
I've seen a tendon rupture before that looked like a bungee cord had snapped at all different places along a 30cm length, good luck fixing that back together. It's like trying to line up two hay bales like tiles, fuzzy edges and gaps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Larkins reckon Clancee is out for 4 weeks or longer, he'll probably be fine....Larkins thought ballaz could play against Richmond

Whilst being far less qualified (like not at all) I am more optimistic than the Doc.

It seemed to return to position easily enough and he was able to play on. Lots of discomfort for sure (and a chance that it will happen again) but I reckon he will make himself available in a week or so.

If he goes out for 4 weeks he might as well take the surgery, I reckon his position would be gone to Mzungu/Duffield/Grey etc

He wont want to miss out again.

If Larkins reckon Clancee is out for 4 weeks or longer, he'll probably be fine....Larkins thought ballaz could play against Richmond
RTB was just on 6PR, and said that Clancee would be available for selection this week. Doc Larkins is turning into the Kim Hagdorn of the medical world.

Lyon also said that Johnson would be back either in Round 19 (St Kilda) or 20 (West Coast).

RTB was just on 6PR, and said that Clancee would be available for selection this week. Doc Larkins is turning into the Kim Hagdorn of the medical world.

Lyon also said that Johnson would be back either in Round 19 (St Kilda) or 20 (West Coast).

There's one thing I've learned since Ross came to us, never, ever believe what he says to the media, particularly about injuries. He either has no idea or he tells blatant lies.

Yeah our website also tells a lot of ridiculous lies about injury statuses.

Injury List - Updated Tuesday 28 July
Player Injury Duration
Max Duffy Calf Test
Alex Silvagni Hamstring Test
Michael Johnson Hamstring 1-3 weeks
Hayden Ballantyne Pectoral Tendon 6-8 weeks
Josh Deluca Leg Stress Reaction 7-9 weeks
Michael Apeness Knee Season
Anthony Morabito Knee TBA

Injury List - Updated Tuesday 28 July
Player Injury Duration
Max Duffy Calf Test
Alex Silvagni Hamstring Test
Michael Johnson Hamstring 1-3 weeks
Hayden Ballantyne Pectoral Tendon 6-8 weeks
Josh Deluca Leg Stress Reaction 7-9 weeks
Michael Apeness Knee Season
Anthony Morabito Knee TBA
That's a pretty good looking injury list coming to the business end of the season. Duffy and Silvagni should play WAFL this week, Duffy giving depth if either Walters or Crozier go down, Silvagni giving depth if any of our KPD go down. Michael Johnson will be back in the next 2-3 and will have his body well rested and hitting his form once finals come around. In previous years we haven't had a great injury list going in to this time of the year.

Not sure how I feel about Johnno coming back straight into a massive game against WC from a long lay off with a serious hammy injury. He runs himself in to the ground at the best of times. Coming off limited game style training might mean he'll struggle a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back