Is WWE worth Paying For?

I know quite a few people on here have got the WWE Network and Enjoy it but the Product the WWE is putting out now. I feel it’s not worth my Money to Watch. That is why I download the Shows thru Torrents.

Yes I do have foxtel but that is just not for the WWE Shows.

So I am wondering your Thoughts?

I know WWE Network have Retro Stuff on there and that be the only Reason I would consider getting the WWE Network

Yes.

Even the worst ppvs I can get for the $10. Instead of paying $30something on TV.

I get all the takeover specials. I'd pay more than $10 a month for these if I had to, so this alone is worth it personally.

NXT, retro shows and ppvs, shows I watch when there's nothing better on (swerved, the list, total divas) are all alright to watch. Tough talk has been quality.

So overall yes it's worth the money to have the network.

Got the network for free for Summerslam, the only thing I've used the network for aside from that was watch a Piper doco and one old Raw. Cancelled my sub today and probably won't get it again until a big PPV. The PPV's sucked this time last year up until Royal Rumble (the WWE title was only defended at Night of Champions during that time) but I didn't really mind because I was enjoying all the content. Right now though I've got a bit of fatigue of watching the archival stuff so am happy to take a break for a while.

I think getting the network once every three to six months is probably the right balance, pick the right PPV and you get a good PPV on the cheap with enough new content to keep you interested for a month. Not sure I could justify a year round sub though, how many old eps can you watch?

Would you need the NBN to Stream the WWE Network Quick Enough?

and

How much Data does the Shows Take Up?

Nope. 3-4MBPs is quick enough for HD.

I've never really tracked the data but super roughly it's probably something like a GB an hour, maybe a bit more, in HD.

For me WWE is worth the $10 a month. I can't really be bothered with Raw or SD so all I watch is PPVs or their originals. It's worth it to have everything on demand and not have to predownload. At the moment with NXT and a lot of former NXT guys making waves on the main roster, WWE is the best it has been in a long time.

I think if you are trying to suggest that the product is worth your time, but not worth 10 bucks a month, you're just being a thief and an a-hole.

It costs at least 25 bucks to go to a game of footy. Costs about 50 bucks to go to a major race day. Costs over 80 bucks to go to a live event for WWE or UFC.

But 10 bucks a month is too much?

It's disgraceful to even think you can make an argument that torrenting is justified when the whole argument around torrenting is access. They've given access at a more than reasonable price.

Have I been a Network subscriber consistently? No I haven't. But when I haven't subscribed, it's been because WWE PPVs weren't worth my time as well as my money - so I didn't watch the last 3 PPVs, I didn't watch the Japan show, I didn't watch any of the Dusty or Roddy stuff that they did.

To answer your other questions, I think the going "rate" is about 700mb an hour for HD streaming? But that might be for Foxtel rather than WWE now that I think about it. In any case, it wouldn't be much different.

I'm using an ADSL2+ connection here in Melbourne and it works fine. There's no difference to the quality that I had in Canberra with a fibre optic connection.

Absolutely. I spend a lot of time watching stuff on the network. Great source of entertainment.

Getting all that content plus a PPV for $10 a month is awesome value.

It is actually $15 for us here in Australia :p

But that's still more than worth it. For any WWF or WWE fan it's definitely worth it.

giphy.gif

Been watching most of the PPVs on the WWE Network this year. But I just got the NBN so torrent speeds aren't an issue anymore plus the NFL is back on Mondays for the next 5 months. Probably won't pay the $14.11 again until WrestleMania.

Had WWE network since it came out using a US account. I share it with 3 mates and my cousin, so usually when we watch raw together or a ppv, they shout me lunch. I usually watch ppv's live when I can so it's easier than streaming it.

Basically what is keeping me continuing to pay is NXT and the nitro episodes.

Back