Roast It's time to ditch the pokies

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/ha...s/news-story/89ceb2474f01f71c447d444d81ac17c7

I've actually read the article now unlike my previous post which was just reacting to other posts in here.

In typical BigFooty fashion it's a case of much ado about nothing. This is like forgetting the rego renweal on your car.
This will be a tiny little bump in the revenue.
This is a grin. :D
The bump will a ridden.
We should hand back all our flags. And Hodgey and Clarko killed 17 people each last year...maybe more!

So, another front page Hun puff piece buried by the HFC! Case closed and resolved without a whimper.

So, another front page Hun puff piece buried by the HFC! Case closed and resolved without a whimper.
Can't use Collingwood to sell papers every week

Look enough of the nanny state. People will always find something to gamble on if it is not pokies it will be bingo footy horses whatever, Before you had em there hordes of Vics used to descend upon clubs in NSW to play. NO_ONE is forced to play em. They bore the hell out of me and I never go near them. My dad always used to gamble AFTER the mortgage was paid, After the school fees, Food etc... and that's what he taught me

It is time for people to take responsibility for themselves and their family and stop trying to ruin life for everyone else

Look enough of the nanny state. People will always find something to gamble on if it is not pokies it will be bingo footy horses whatever, Before you had em there hordes of Vics used to descend upon clubs in NSW to play. NO_ONE is forced to play em. They bore the hell out of me and I never go near them. My dad always used to gamble AFTER the mortgage was paid, After the school fees, Food etc... and that's what he taught me

It is time for people to take responsibility for themselves and their family and stop trying to ruin life for everyone else

Couldn't agree more. Once again we see the AFL leaving it up to the clubs to make decisions they themselves should be making. Then again, that would mean the AFL making decisions our government should be making. If they're that big a problem, then ban them. However, we all know governments would never do that because of the revenue they generate. If they are legal, and a legitimate form of revenue, then why shouldn't AFL clubs use them. As you say, if not pokies, it will be something else to gamble on.

Wow. That's big revenue and we don't even have the most machines! Surely must be doing something right ( or wrong) :oops:

That's revenue, not income.
You have to deduct expenses, tax, etc before getting the actual profit figure.

I'm not sure what the profit is but it could be 10% of revenue or less.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back