Its time to go Trigg!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I read it to mean 'hope the AFL don't ban him from working in the AFL'.....which would mean they have found him guilty enough to punish which would mean the club would also be guilty.

It could also mean Chapman doesn't think Trigg mis-led the board.

If Trigg isn't banned by the AFL I still think he will be allowed a dignified exit i.e. after a few months, giving him time to put out feelers for other jobs. His authority and standing has been diminished by all this and it would be best for the club to get the best CEO we can afford (i.e. not an internal promotion for one of the boys).

Chapman said that "he would strongly go into bat for Trigg". If Trigg survives this I will still support the club but a part of my love for the club will die.

The last decade was a decade of zero premierships, incompetent administration, poor coaching and player exodus. The scary thing is if, as expected, we lose mutiple years draft picks the coming decade will be worse than the last. We can forget about a third premiership. And this will be all because of the competence, weakness of two men - J Reid and especially S Trigg.

I read it to mean 'hope the AFL don't ban him from working in the AFL'.....which would mean they have found him guilty enough to punish which would mean the club would also be guilty.

If Trigg isn't banned by the AFL I still think he will be allowed a dignified exit i.e. after a few months, giving him time to put out feelers for other jobs. His authority and standing has been diminished by all this and it would be best for the club to get the best CEO we can afford (i.e. not an internal promotion for one of the boys).

Why should Trigg be allowed a dignified exit. For what he has done to the club, I hope he is sacked and then heckled by AFC supporters wherever he goes.

Suppose it depends on how popular he is?

Could be a billy no mates? :D

100% of my mates = Nana.

I was actually starting to think we were possibly being harshly dealt with until we handed back draft picks. Then I took off my rose coloured glasses. My concern is, even if our breaches are at the lower end of the scale, there has been so much publicity that the AFL will have to come down strong or look meek.

I will be devasted if we lose another years draft picks but I have a bad feeling it will be another two years. This will set us back years, probably for a decade.

From an AFC perspective, and not the perspective of the greedy player and his family, the buck stops with Trigg. If the board support him then they need to go too.

It was interesting to read that Chapman said that Triggy had the support of h Chairman, Sponsors and players however there was no mention of the members, I'm starting to sense that Chapman and the Board knew all along

It was also interesting to read that the Sunday Mail believes that all Tippett's 3rd Party payments have been ticked of by the AFL meaning if true our punishment should be contained to the Tipoett side deal to go how which should be a fine and the loss of picks that we have already incurred

Biffo has hit the nail on the head." i.e. not an internal promotion for one of the boys)."
This is my beef with the Crows all along.
The club has a culture of promoting from within which is admirable on first thought but precarious as well.
A select core group of men become the direction of the club. Those who tow the line are in, those who don't out. Each consecutive appointment through the years consolidates power to a few select voices and the 'boosters' who back in their men.When one leaves his successor is anointed from within, the baton is passed to the dutiful lieutenant.
This is fine if the club is travelling well but it is not a culture that promotes real change and clubs must evolve quickly to keep on top of the game.
It can also promote a culture of secrecy and answering only to the inner circle. This tends to bring a response of closing ranks,keeping it in house and not looking beyond their own four walls.
A multiple of sins are forgiven; "a good bloke, one of us, everyone's entitled to one mistake."

Trying to change this arrangement is worse....at board level the power brokers freeze out any critical voices and see that elections are managed while at management level any discerning voice is an agitator who is difficult,obstructive or obtuse.

While I'm not suggesting the Crows have succumbed to this malady completely, from a simple supporters view the signs are worrying and have been for a fair while.

The perks in a football club are hard to surrender! All those free flights and accommodation to interstate games, the tab picked up by the club,the ear to influential people who hang around football clubs. Calling footballers your friends and being a decision maker in an elite club.... who would want to give that up without a fight.

At the end of the day though a bad decision is a bad decision!
It's not a hangable offence but the questions must be asked and frank answers provided.
The board must also reflect and re evaluate the direction the club is heading!
Is it time to again embrace change?

It doesn't matter now, 'mud will stick' ;).

To be honest, it does look like people at the AFC cannot make tough calls on their colleagues. It seems to be a big back slapping fest. Now I'm fully aware that there is an argument about culture and not wanting to look like you'll get rid of people on a whim (except Rendell) but it just doesn't work. You need to get rid of people who don't perform and not shift them around the club like has been done previously. If Trigg keeps his job after we are badly punished then there is seriously something wrong with inside the club. It's tough to get rid of people that you are close with but sometimes it just has to be done. These people are professionals running a multi-million dollar business, it's not a ****ing book club.

Time will tell then won't it. The Club has not come out and told its side of the story so at least wait until that happens before you crucify someone.
If we hadn't given up our picks then you'd have a point.

But we did so you don't.

If we hadn't given up our picks then you'd have a point.

But we did so you don't.

Exactly.

We gave up our picks. And we gave up Rendell too. Acts of goodwill are our specialty.

The Adelaide Football Charity.

My faith in the current management of our football club has gone from very little, to practically zero. And it gets worse by the day.

Don't say I didn't warn you all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what Chapman is saying, it appears Steven will be the CEO for as far as the eye can see.

It would all be PR. Backing Trigg gives the feeling that not much wrong has been done.( evil AFL) Then reluctantly excepting Triggs resignation( which he will do because he seems a decent bloke and an Adelaide boy). and everyone's happy...Sacking Trigg stains the club a bit.

Depending on the outcome, keeping him could stain even more. Some would argue it already has.
Absolutely.

Keeping him means that we tolerate cheating. Sorry... I mean we tolerate "misinterpretation of the rules"

That's what we're calling it, isn't it?

What a disgrace that they are even contemplating not sacking him. He did the wrong thing and got caught cost us players numerous draft picks $500,000 + and could possibly set this club back a decade.

I would love to get a hold of his KPI sheet and see what is written. If he doesnt lose his job for this he might as well move in to the club rooms because if he doesnt go after this he never will until he retires.

These morons that are trying to form this boys club has to be dealt with. We as supporters have no financial interest invested the club we are purely in it for enjoyment. To get these blokes thinking they can bring down our club and the keep " the support " of the board and sponsors is laughable. If he was an honourable man he would stand down as the supporters backlash if he doesnt is going to be unreal.

I and most of us live with strong morals. Cheating is not tolerable , if he stays with the club it will not recover. You can not build a house with poor foundations. As other posters have stated its not like we are this supremely successful club. The hard calls need to be made and Trigg needs to go !!

Fortunately for us people power is alive and well. If the club doesnt have the balls to do anything then well give them a help along. Ive created this in the hope that it will help. Like this page and eventually it will get noticed http://www.facebook.com/TriggMustGo

What a disgrace that they are even contemplating not sacking him. He did the wrong thing and got caught cost us players numerous draft picks $500,000 + and could possibly set this club back a decade.

I would love to get a hold of his KPI sheet and see what is written. If he doesnt lose his job for this he might as well move in to the club rooms because if he doesnt go after this he never will until he retires.

These morons that are trying to form this boys club has to be dealt with. We as supporters have no financial interest invested the club we are purely in it for enjoyment. To get these blokes thinking they can bring down our club and the keep " the support " of the board and sponsors is laughable. If he was an honourable man he would stand down as the supporters backlash if he doesnt is going to be unreal.

I and most of us live with strong morals. Cheating is not tolerable , if he stays with the club it will not recover. You can not build a house with poor foundations. As other posters have stated its not like we are this supremely successful club. The hard calls need to be made and Trigg needs to go !!

Fortunately for us people power is alive and well. If the club doesnt have the balls to do anything then well give them a help along. Ive created this in the hope that it will help. Like this page and eventually it will get noticed http://www.facebook.com/TriggMustGo

Get behind !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure he's a 'dead man walking'.....don't forget he's apparently already offered his resignation. It's in the club's best interests that he stays on while the charges are being heard and he uses every one of his brownie points accumulated with the AFL over the past decade to get a good hearing and mitigate the penalties.

If the AFL don't suspend him the Board will have to let him go,.....after ten years he should be allowed to go with a bit of dignity though (PR will portray it as a mutual parting of the ways in the best interests of the club, Steven needs a change etc).

I'm sure he's a 'dead man walking'.....don't forget he's apparently already offered his resignation. It's in the club's best interests that he stays on while the charges are being heard and he uses every one of his brownie points accumulated with the AFL over the past decade to get a good hearing and mitigate the penalties.

If the AFL don't suspend him the Board will have to let him go,.....after ten years he should be allowed to go with a bit of dignity though (PR will portray it as a mutual parting of the ways in the best interests of the club, Steven needs a change etc).
Probably one of the more well thought out posts lately.

Letting him go now is taking the easy way out. As I have said before, why dump this mess on some other poor bastard.

I think its more a case of many on this board looking for a reason to sack trigg. I wasnt around for the whole 'sack craig' campaign (thank god) but it seems to me there is a strong correlation between the people that wanted to sack craig and those that now want to sack trigg. I dont see an 'its time to go chapman' thread, given that hes been publicly supporting Trigg.
Incorrect ....i strongly supported the retention of Craig and now am supporting the removal of Trigg

No correlation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back