Jack Viney part 2: The Appeal

Remove this Banner Ad

In all seriousness can anyone here actually define what constitutes a suspendable offence now?

Not easily but we can say that self defence/preservation, leading to an accidental injury, is not a suspendable offence.

Are you comfortable with that? Forget the rules, forget procedure, ask BT or listen to 3AW?

Please.
Absolutely not comfortable with it.

The tribunal should have to provide written reasons and should be bound by precedent, including precedent of players who were not cited for particular conduct.

The current system is a total farce.

SEN reporting that the Appeals Board will release a statement regarding their reasoning in the next few days.

Let me guess?

Money.

The AFL didn't want to risk losing money from supporters not going to games, players striking etc.

The AFL will likely come out in a couple of days and adjust the rule.
I think you'll find that the proper process is for the umpires to start paying heaps and heaps of free kicks for something during the first game of the next round without any explanation or warning, before gradually forgetting about it until it is gone entirely by the last game of the round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This game is run by ******* by idiots. No fairness, no integrity.

I'm glad he got off, but it doesn't look good that the AFL will bend to influence. Just makes me even more angry that Fyfe got done.
The bump is still dead, the collision is still alive though.

What has he said?
something along the lines of "all players who cause head contact, no matter how accidental or unnavoidable, must be suspended"
because apparently viney being suspended helps Lynch's jaw heal

if this stands
no more running someone could be hurt, only speed walking and skipping allowed. that would make the game safer if that what THEY want,

What a strange thread. Haven't been watching these discussions for the past few days because I assumed the feelings on this would be pretty unanimous across the board since we all love this game. Have just had a look over the past few pages...wtf?

Regarding tonight's decision it seems... entire AFL community across Australia:

MIj6o.gif

Adelaide supporters:

ldtpOON.gif

I'm glad sanity has prevailed (eventually).

It muddies the waters because they've moved the field of dispute into the area of what it means to "choose to bump".

In ordinary terms he did "choose to bump" and did hit the head. Yet he got off.

I'm not complaining at that outcome, but it does confuse things.
Have an alternative and bump high- you are out.

Other occurrences will be looked at on a case by case scenario.

Gets rid of the thugs and still allows for hard but fair play.

Let's be clear, the appeal board just said the tribunal acted unreasonably in a line ball case. It has significant ramifications.

Yep makes it pretty difficult for Schimma, Dunne and Moose Henwood to sit on future tribunals considering they have acted unreasonably.

The Footy Show tonight, hopefully Newman tears him a new one.

Gold television! Come on Sammy rip him one (and jeez I can't stand Newman lol)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back