Jack Viney part 2: The Appeal

Remove this Banner Ad

What was it then? It was a fair bump. Lynch's head just happened to be down.
I agree. Arguing over whether it was a bump or a brace is just playing the AFL's game. So what if he bumped? He did everything to avoid contact to the head and it was circumstances which caused an unfortunate injury.

They have gone against public opinion before, at the tribunal and at appeal. In the end it was a mature of opinion whether he braced or bumped, and the appeal board came down on the other side than the tribunal. For better or worse, these guys are not there "for the good of the game", but to judge on how the rules have been applied.

The bump rule has nothing to do with it. The rule still says that if you elect to bump and there is head high contact as a result, you wear the consequences, accident or not, and more players will fall foul of it.

Still not sure how that applies to incidents where players (yes such as Ziebell, but there are others) choose to smother for example and are cited. An attempt on the ball should not equal a decision to bump. A decision away from directly playing the ball I think is a lot easier to keep clear.

Forgive me for not following this saga as closely as others have, but why are there a number of Melbourne supporters openly attacking Adelaide and in a few cases; Lynch? Some are borderline injury trolls, this is embarrassing to read.
A small number of Crows idiots have been trolling us all over the forums all week. Sore losers I guess.

Forgive me for not following this saga as closely as others have, but why are there a number of Melbourne supporters openly attacking Adelaide and in a few cases; Lynch? Some are borderline injury trolls, this is embarrassing to read.

Ask NSWCROW.

In light of this decision by the AFL- it is clear that teh position of the Tribunal members is untenable.

CAn we please request the tribunal is composed of players from the past decade ?

The old fellas (like myself!) have lost touch with the game. Even leigh matthews has recently been calling for soft frees on the commentary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Demetriou threw his own tribunal under the bus this week.

As he should have, they are a bunch of nuffies who basically said...lets get the ballerina shoes out and do a Jack Watts and let others get the ball! We should be encouraging people to win a hard ball, not become a Cale Morton or a Jack Watts!

How does this muddy the waters. For goodness sake this actually clarifies everything. If you choose to bump and hit the head you are in strife.

This allows for accidental collisions in our game. The bump is pretty much dead as the risk is high but at least players can attack the footy and know if there is a collision they should be okay regards suspension.

The AFL have the bump perfectly right. Pick guys off when you have other options and pay the consequences if you hit them high. Accidents and collisions are part of the game and rightly so.

SEN reporting that the Appeals Board will release a statement regarding their reasoning in the next few days.
When they've had time to come up with phrasing that leaves the AFL and themselves with a shred of integrity?

Of course it did. Are you kidding?

Are you comfortable with that? Forget the rules, forget procedure, ask BT or listen to 3AW?

Please.

When they've had time to come up with phrasing that leaves the AFL and themselves with a shred of integrity?
Or so that they can give Barrett the 'exclusive' so he can save his skin.

This game is run by ****ing by idiots. No fairness, no integrity.

I'm glad he got off, but it doesn't look good that the AFL will bend to influence. Just makes me even more angry that Fyfe got done.

How does this muddy the waters. For goodness sake this actually clarifies everything. If you choose to bump and hit the head you are in strife.
It muddies the waters because they've moved the field of dispute into the area of what it means to "choose to bump".

In ordinary terms he did "choose to bump" and did hit the head. Yet he got off.

I'm not complaining at that outcome, but it does confuse things.

This allows for accidental collisions in our game. The bump is pretty much dead as the risk is high but at least players can attack the footy and know if there is a collision they should be okay regards suspension.

The AFL have the bump perfectly right. Pick guys off when you have other options and pay the consequences if you hit them high. Accidents and collisions are part of the game and rightly so.
:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back