Jack Viney part 2: The Appeal

Remove this Banner Ad

While I agree with this decision, the fact no reason is given only highlights the corruption at play behind closed doors of this joke of an organisation.

The ONLY reason this bloke is playing this week is because of the backlash from all and sundry - NOT that they believe their initial decision was wrong.

People threatening to cancel memberships, boycott games, etc.

It's a flat out joke what the administrative powers that be have done to this once great game, and I for one am jack of it entirely. They treat their stakeholders like complete and utter fools.

Appeal granted. What does this mean though? Will bumps like Viney's still be cited in the same manner in the future?

More chook lotto as usual i suppose. :confused:

Told ya he would get off.

The media/public backlash did it.

This was always going to happen IMO as soon as they appealed and never in doubt the way the media/AFL community attacked it.

If public sentiment played any part in the appeal getting up, they should sack the appeal board.

Haha the tribunal/AFL crapped themselves with the uproar I reckon. Good result for the game though.

If public sentiment played any part in the appeal getting up, they should sack the appeal board.

I agree but sadly it is the way it is.

Morons down at AFL house.

Told ya he would get off.

The media/public backlash did it.

This was always going to happen IMO as soon as they appealed and never in doubt the way the media/AFL community attacked it.
This is it 100%. The way the appeal was playing out tonight, and what was being said by Gleeson was not consistent with their decision to lift the suspension.

A vital decision for football. Well done to the MFC, and every player/supporter/coach/footy personality who spoke up. Finally, some common sense prevails in the AFL. Long may it continue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well apparently not according to 100% of victorians on this board
two issues here.

Soldiers kill in war all the time.But its against the law in civvy life. The argument I'm seeing is akin to people saying soldiers should be able to kill at will because it was legal when they were at war.

Viney chose to bump, tried saying he didn't.

Adelaide please

6UwXJUG.gif

While I agree with this decision, the fact no reason is given only highlights the corruption at play behind closed doors of this joke of an organisation.

The ONLY reason this bloke is playing this week is because of the backlash from all and sundry - NOT that they believe their initial decision was wrong.

It's a flat out joke what the administrative powers that be have done to this once great game, and I for one am jack of it entirely. They treat their stakeholders like complete and utter fools.
Cammo has this on the money.

the tribunal and the MRP are still Teflon....

Just can't win with some people.

The schadenfreude people are having is a bit disconcerting...

I'm delighted he got off but no need to rub people's faces in it =/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back