Traded Jed Anderson [traded w/ picks 38 and 40 to NM for picks 15 and 54]

Remove this Banner Ad

What do other clubs supporters see his value as?

To the majority of us we'll be very flat if he goes as weve seen glimpses of legitimate elite potential - big marks, strong tackles, freakish goals (2s GF), huge disposal tallies etc. Nothings garaunteed of course but I suggest most of us see him as the one kid who could be our next elite mid. The reaction on our board to him wanting a trade is priceless... bigfooty overreaction 101

How do others see him? Have you seen the same stuff we have?

As a big fan id feel let down if we got another JPK type 30-40 pick. Even a pick in the 20s would suck. I would want a pick 10-15 for him, but im sure thats unrealistic because unproven depth by default isnt worth nearly as much on the open market.

If he goes i think most would be bitterly dissapointed if we didnt get a good pick or a similar kid with elite potential back in.

Last edited:

To the majority of us we'll be very flat if he goes as weve seen glimpses of legitimate elite potential - big marks, strong tackles, freakish goals (2s GF), huge disposal tallies etc. Nothings garaunteed of course but I suggest most of us see him as the one kid who could be our next elite mid. The reaction on our board to him wanting a trade is priceless... bigfooty overreaction 101

How do others see him? Have you see the same stuff we have?

As a big fan id feel let down if we got another JPK type 30-40 pick. Even a pick in the 20s would suck. I would want a pick 10-15 for him, but im sure thats unrealistic because unproven depth by default isnt worth nearly as much on the open market.

If he goes i think most would be bitterly dissapointed if we didnt get a good pick or a similar kid with elite potential back in.
To be honest I'd be thinking late 20s to late 30s

20-25 I think is his value

what about aish for jed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would think he would stay and fight for a spot in the ones. Played 10 games and averages 10 possies a game, shown glimpses of being a good player- but most aboriginals do. If you get a pick in the 30's you are doing well compared to other players who want a trade. Hawks best bet would be player exchange or maybe pick/s upgrade.

I see his value as a second rounder at best, probably early 3rd. Has clearly got a bucket load of talent but couldn't get a look it this year and seems behind O'Rourke and Hartung.

I'd trade CEY and our 3rd for Jed and their 2nd.

I see his value as a second rounder at best, probably early 3rd. Has clearly got a bucket load of talent but couldn't get a look it this year and seems behind O'Rourke and Hartung.

I'd trade CEY and our 3rd for Jed and their 2nd.
Love how Crows fans say Ellis yollmen has got so much talent but they chuck him out there for every trade

Hard to gauge his value. Really injury and illness are the only things that have prevented him being a first 18 player at Hawthorn I think. You watch Box Hill and he is clearly the most classy Hawthorn youngster out there. Good in the air for his size, pretty good kick but extremely smart forward who kicks goals, fantastic tackler and has always hurt opponents in the contest even when he was a stick figure 18 year old. Has shown all these qualities at AFL level too.

But what can you really ask for in this case? I suppose best case scenario is a first round pick upgrade if Wright likes a couple of prospects who will be gone by pick 19. Don't think a player in return would work as we are jammed right up against the cap wall it seems.

Would really like for him to be given the opportunity but Clarkson can't exactly guarantee him games five months out from the season.

Love how Crows fans say Ellis yollmen has got so much talent but they chuck him out there for every trade
I see some Hawks fans demanding esrly 2nd rounders for a guy who couldn't get a game.......

Cam appears to be exploring his options ans we have a glut of inside mids. I'd much rather Lyons be part of it but he appears content t9 stay.

To say he is worth pick 20-25 would be to say over 250 players in the league are worth that value. Maybe 1 or 2 clubs may value him at that but the majority wouldn't. I think he would be better off staying at the hawks for another year and see how he goes, unless another club offered him some good money.

Hard to gauge his value. Really injury and illness are the only things that have prevented him being a first 18 player at Hawthorn I think. You watch Box Hill and he is clearly the most classy Hawthorn youngster out there. Good in the air for his size, pretty good kick but extremely smart forward who kicks goals, fantastic tackler and has always hurt opponents in the contest even when he was a stick figure 18 year old. Has shown all these qualities at AFL level too.

But what can you really ask for in this case? I suppose best case scenario is a first round pick upgrade if Wright likes a couple of prospects who will be gone by pick 19. Don't think a player in return would work as we are jammed right up against the cap wall it seems.

Would really like for him to be given the opportunity but Clarkson can't exactly guarantee him games five months out from the season.
If you get a first rounder for this kid your list team have done an enormous job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back