Jimmy, Boris and Selwood ice bucket challenge

Remove this Banner Ad

A few thoughts ...
  • Premiership cups, great touch. I think they'd look great as a champagne bucket.
  • Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or motor neuron disease, is a terrible, essentially terminal and practically untreatable disease that deserves a lot more research funding that it currently has and more attention than it currently gets. It's an illness that does not discriminate and those who develop it deteriorate at a horrendous rate. The amount cancer, heart disease, HIV/AIDS researchers get in funding from the public is unheard of for the vast majority of other research areas. It's a worthy research area since those who devote their minds and lives to it have many more questions than answers currently. If this week seems a flash in the pan, next time when someone mentions MND at least some people will pause and think.
  • Superficial and trashy question of the day: could they not have worn white t-shirts? Missed opportunity!
  • I look forward to the next 24 hours
  • Wish I could be at Etihad on Friday
  • Lol Steven

0wfzSURWZyxxRhZ.jpg

Ya know manboob, I reckon my first ever post on BF was about Ben Cousins and a song by Geelong band Magic Dirt.

I'm sure it was deleted as I could never find it.

Thank for the memories.

I watched my friend live through it, and ultimately die, over the course of 6 years...

If pouring buckets of water somehow magically contributes to an increase in research funding I'm all for it. But the hype will pass in a month and no one will remember the disease come this time next year. It makes people "feel good" about themselves and that's it.

I'm glad that Etihad bucket whatsit will make that guy's daughter happy, but yeah does not change my position on corny gimmicks like this one one little ******* bit.
Think you will find it does generate a lot more money. e.g. The no make up selfie thing made 8 million pounds in 6 days. These campaigns generate interest and attention and that leads to $ for funding.

Did he-that's who Joel nominated. Not good enough!
Hinkley did it.
And nominated Harley who also did it.

One of Harleys nominations was Sally Fitzgibbons.
Hope I get to see that. Love Sally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back