Certified Legendary Thread Joel Selwood - Premiership Captain and 4 time Premiership Player

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard on SEN this morning that JSel will head to the Ashes with the cricket team and after that he’s coming back to Geelong in an administrative roll
Not sure if I’ve missed that news but it’s the first I’ve heard of it
Gary Lyon mentioned it
He strikes me as a person who just couldn't sit back and take it easy for the rest of his life. Like a shark Joel has to keep on swimming.

I didn't realise Joel's baby was at the ground last night. It's lovely that he was able to hold him as he completed the farewell lap. Unlike many of his footy mates he hasn't had his own children to run through the milestone banners with. He'll have that vision to share with his son.

I didn't realise Joel's baby was at the ground last night. It's lovely that he was able to hold him as he completed the farewell lap. Unlike many of his footy mates he hasn't had his own children to run through the milestone banners with. He'll have that vision to share with his son.
Hopefully he’ll be back to see his son run through the banner one day

Damn the captain is looking good - he's looking almost fitter than when out on the field last year, definitely hasn't stacked on the weight like we occasionally see from other retirees

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn the captain is looking good - he's looking almost fitter than when out on the field last year, definitely hasn't stacked on the weight like we occasionally see from other retirees
Would you expect anything else from him? Competitor till the day he dies. ❤️

Did you get him to sign it or just the book?

It looks interesting - it may surprise some that i do enjoy reading, but I'm bloody lazy with it
Just the book. I think it was released a few days ago.

Hope it’s better that Tom Harley’s book. It was bad IMO
I actually didn't mind that. I took a lot from it. Let's just say it was different.

None of them are exactly going to be in line for Pullitzers...

Best ever Geelong footy book is still Loose Men Everywhere.
That's not Geelong.

That's not Geelong.
Yes it is. Sure, it's not by a Geelong player, but it is quintessentially Geelong. It certainly described my experiences in following Geelong in the 90s perfectly. And unlike all of the books 'written' by footballers, it's very much from the horse's mouth - it's not done by some ghost writer.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back