Kevin Pietersen sacked by England

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, i just listened. Must say, it's brilliant.
I cracked up when he said this bit

Pietersen (Swann):
“It was a practice game in St Lucia, but it doesn’t matter. Those guys bowling were awesome. They had to have a day off school to play, but they bowled well. Listen, I am ready at any stage to come back and play for my country — or England if they ask as well.”

That is awesome by Greame Swann. Amazing how much his teammates actually hated him.

This thread seems kind of ironic now......since people are now coming out to pot Michael Clarke and talk up disharmony and division in the Australian dressing room....

Everything about this thread is deliciously ironic considering recent events :) So much finger pointing and excitement on here and then complete silence since EB and TB Tests :)

Kevin who????

Everything about this thread is deliciously ironic considering recent events :) So much finger pointing and excitement on here and then complete silence since EB and TB Tests :)

Kevin who????
Englands bowling won them those two tests (and our inept batting)
England still have major batting order issues as long as Lyth is still playing, Bell is out of form and Bairstow questionable at international level
Expect the #bringbackkp crowd to be in full voice when Steyn, Morkel and Philander expose these batsmen in SA

Englands bowling won them those two tests (and our inept batting)
England still have major batting order issues as long as Lyth is still playing, Bell is out of form and Bairstow questionable at international level
Expect the #bringbackkp crowd to be in full voice when Steyn, Morkel and Philander expose these batsmen in SA

Every time England lose any game in any format ,Piers Morgan does the "bring back KP" stuff.

I thought we would need him to have a chance in the Ashes ,but it turns out we didnt..
I guess he is done !!

Every time England lose any game in any format ,Piers Morgan does the "bring back KP" stuff.

I thought we would need him to have a chance in the Ashes ,but it turns out we didnt..
I guess he is done !!
I tend to agree
However still don't think that Lyth, Bell or Bairstow's spots in the side are safe by any measure. I would like to see how Hales and Cook go as an opening pair. I also think that Ali is too good a bat, and not good enough a bowler to be batting at 8 as the main spinner. Particularly when you guys go to the UAE I would think that Rashid would have to play at some point. As for lineups

Hales
Cook
Bell/Bairstow
Root
Ali
Stokes
Butler
Broad
Rashid
Wood/Finn
Anderson

I like the makeup of that side as it gives you an extra bowling option. Although it does weaken the batting somewhat having to play Ali in the top 5, but I reckon he's up to it.

I tend to agree
However still don't think that Lyth, Bell or Bairstow's spots in the side are safe by any measure. I would like to see how Hales and Cook go as an opening pair. I also think that Ali is too good a bat, and not good enough a bowler to be batting at 8 as the main spinner. Particularly when you guys go to the UAE I would think that Rashid would have to play at some point. As for lineups

Hales
Cook
Bell/Bairstow
Root
Ali
Stokes
Butler
Broad
Rashid
Wood/Finn
Anderson

I like the makeup of that side as it gives you an extra bowling option. Although it does weaken the batting somewhat having to play Ali in the top 5, but I reckon he's up to it.

Looks like a good lineup..
Bairstow is one of those players who destroys county cricket and then fails in internationals..
I would also be looking at James Vince to come in. Also have Footitt as a bowling option .

I tend to agree

Hales
Cook
Bell/Bairstow
Root
Ali
Stokes
Butler
Broad
Rashid
Wood/Finn
Anderson

The selectors need to make a call on Ali or Stokes. Both are the same player batting wise and you can't carry both in the top 6. For me, Stokes. He's younger, has a similar test average, more test centuries from the same amount of tests and his FC average isn't inflated due to Div 2 County. Also think he's a better bowler, but that one's debatable. The other thing is Root can provide good enough offies as a second spinner, so getting a better batsman in is a bigger priority IMO. For me the XI is:

Hales
Cook
Bell
Root
Taylor
Stokes
Buttler
Rashid
Broad
Wood
Anderson

Vince, Bairstow, Footitt, Finn, Ali as reserves. If one of the openers gets injured you can always move Root to open and Vince/Taylor in the middle order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the bigger picture is that England actually won the series, and the guys all looked happy and having fun out there. They're not moping around muttering to themselves "Gee, KP got a rough deal....these aren't the lad I want in the team....I wish he was out here with us...".

Obviously other things like the new coach and fresh approach has helped enormously too. But it's clear that the English players have moved on from Pietersen.

Kp on fire. Averaging 245 in the T20 Ram Slam

KP v Strauss continues http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket...s-compete-in-ipl/story-e6frf3g3-1227608493082
A player with over 8000 international runs dominating a south african domestic league :eek:
Kevin needs to realise that very few people like playing with him, and the ECB would rather try and develop a young batsman that isn't a total campaigner over a older batsman who may score 10-20 more per innings but is a proven campaigner

Kevin Pietersen has admitted trying to return to international cricket by playing for South Africa is "a thought in my head."

Pietersen would become eligible for South Africa in 2018 - four years after his England career was ended following the 2013-14 Ashes when he was sacked by the ECB - at which point he would be 37 years old. The chance of appearing at the 2019 World Cup, to be held in England, could appeal to him

http://www.espncricinfo.com/southafrica/content/story/996303.html

Probably Hadds cost him his last chance at a test career. If he catches Root in the first Ashes Test in 2015, we probably win the test and the series. Then it's possible the poms panic and look to Pietersen.

He's still one of the best T20 bats in the world, so he had some hope there, but after the Poms made the World T20 final, they can't bring him back.

So the Saffies are his only chance now. And I can't see them doing it.

Probably Hadds cost him his last chance at a test career. If he catches Root in the first Ashes Test in 2015, we probably win the test and the series. Then it's possible the poms panic and look to Pietersen.

He's still one of the best T20 bats in the world, so he had some hope there, but after the Poms made the World T20 final, they can't bring him back.

So the Saffies are his only chance now. And I can't see them doing it.
nah, i reckon he burnt bridges before the, too great the enmity

Remove this Banner Ad

Back