Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2014 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey knightmare.. Love your work and the time you spend helping us delinquents lol

Quick question do you know if anyone from the recruit is on a clubs radar or have nominated for the drafts ?

Johann has gone to Port Adelaide as I'm sure you're aware and Padraig has joined Geelong.

The others presumably have nominated for the draft but I can't see any of them this year receiving an opportunity.

Hey KM, just wondering I've heard a lot saying Essendon will be looking at getting 1 tall (Wright, Lamb, Langford, Marchbank, R Mckenzie being thrown around), and 1 medium/small (Ellis, Ahern, Garlett, Weller). Who can you see as being the likely scenario as to who Essendon draft with picks 17 and 20? Obviously Wright/Weller would be ideal but unlikely either of those will slip to pick 17. Lamb and Garlett/Ahern looking likely. Your thoughts?

It will be interesting to see which way Essendon go and it will depend on availability.

If Wright/Langford/Marchbank/Lamb are not available it's hard to see Essendon going tall with R.McKenzie likely not going inside the top 30, let alone top 20.

There will be some sliders available at 17 and 20 so I imagine both will be along the lines of best available slider assuming the players there are deemed a good list fit. Weller and Cockatoo would be my best guess as to who Essendon go for/will be available.

Of the talls the more likely to be there is Lamb. But when you get past the top 10 few and myself included will guess correctly. It's just from that point guesswork.

Interested in your opinion of David Mennen? Was a name raised on our board. His highlights look pretty impressive and he is under-aged. I assume the knock on him is consistency? Has nice skills and moves very well anyway.

Mennen has some ability and his highlights are good. Can lack some consistency and make some bad mistakes which are mixed in among the brilliant. Still a work in progress. If overlooked he is a type where I'd keep him on the watch list next year as someone to keep track of.
Otherwise maybe a rookie chance as someone with some scope to develop.

Hey Knighta,

Now that the indicative locked in order was announced a few hours ago at 87 selections with Rookie promotions taken out will you be updating you're Phantom Draft to 87 selections? will be interesting to see who is in your final cut with the final draft orders

I'll see if I get time for a final update. Perhaps Wednesday some time I'll update to include those picks as indicated by AFL.com.

How is Taylor Grace averaging 32 touches in TAC cup but hardly rates a mention anywhere? What's the issue with him... Pies at 85?

I'd be keen on that. Looks a smooth mover, gets a stack of it and his left foot looks sharp. Hine likes his overagers with late picks too (Langdon/Goldsack).

KM,
With the final draft order announced Rischmond have 12,33,52,67,77 and 83(Miles). Does this mean we will use 77 (making our list 39 and 5) or that we will have it up our sleeve just in case there is someone there we want?

Hey KM (other posters welcome), not sure how well you know your over agers but what about Brett Eddy from the SANFL? A poster on the Lion board threw out some more names such as Ricky Vary from Swan Districts, Cameron Loersch from South Fremantle and KPD Michael Hartley from Collingwood. Any bit of info you could share if you can thanks. Saw a small highlights package of Eddy and he looks like a good prospect with his speed, power and recovery while sitting around the 194cm mark. Thanks in Advance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi KM,

Apologies for adding to the massive list of questions, but whereabouts do you get the reasoning for the kangas picks? Is it from word on the grapevine of who they are looking at, or just personal opinion of fit? I only ask because the kangas board has us looking very interested in alternatives at those picks, like:

16 - Garlett (Cockatoo or Weller or Durdin)
25 - Vickers-Willis (R McKenzie or McDonald)
36 - Langdon (McKenzie or Lonie)

Not having a go, (absolutely love the effort put in) but as a Roo's supporter, I would be pretty devastated with those 3 over any of the alternatives listed.

Hogan has only ever had one serious injury in his entire junior career, which was his back this year, yet you call him "injury prone" ?

Ignorance at its finest on display.

The rumour out of Melbourne is that Hogan has stress fractures again (hope not true)

The rumour out of Melbourne is that Hogan has stress fractures again (hope not true)

Not good news for the young fella if true.

If the Saints end up picking McCartin @ 1 as speculated today, would the Dees look at pulling the trigger of Peter White with pick 3? Particularly if Hogan has consistent injury concerns.

KM,
With the final draft order announced Rischmond have 12,33,52,67,77 and 83(Miles). Does this mean we will use 77 (making our list 39 and 5) or that we will have it up our sleeve just in case there is someone there we want?
83 isn't for Miles. Rookies aren't being upgraded on the night anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back