Traded Lewis Jetta [traded to West Coast for Callum Sinclair]

Remove this Banner Ad

Facts are Jetta is out of contract. Eagles should offer Sinclair and 2nd round pick for Jetta and Swans first round pick. If Swans say no to that and want straight swap tell them to piss off and don't get Jetta.
Agree you are in position of strength negotiating wise.

Due to Mills- no way we would consider losing 1st.

Very confident straight swap will get done and signed off friday.

Facts are Jetta is out of contract. Eagles should offer Sinclair and 2nd round pick for Jetta and Swans first round pick. If Swans say no to that and want straight swap tell them to piss off and don't get Jetta.
Bit of an over simplification. Pick 14 is currently needed for Mills, who is our #1 priority. Sinclair would be great but isn't crucial.

Enjoy screwing another one (O'Keefe) of your players of their wishes to move.
Similar situation actually. ROK said he'd like to move, but when a deal couldn't be reached he re-signed.

Earned himself a premiership and Norm Smith medal. I don't think he's sad about it.

Could just as easily get done for your 2 second rounders. Sinclar not needed. Back Naismith next year or try Suns for Smith.
Nah tbh don't even want Jetta. Front runner that would do well downhill skiing but go missing again in finals next year. Certainly don't want him for anything more than 1 2nd round pick.

If at the start of this year you told me we could get jetta in a direct swap for sinclair i would have asked for some of whatever you were taking. How much a season can change things. The reality is Sydney are chasing sinclair on the back of his second half of the year in particular but im not sure if he's ever going to play better than that and we all know that Jetta's best is much better.

Jetta's worth at the moment is at it's lowest possible point due to a poor finals series (where he looked like he had already checked out) and through being uncontracted. Sinclair's value is at it's absolute zenith and we would be very silly to not do a direct swap however if it looks like we improve our draft position in any way as well then we should take it and run.

Could just as easily get done for your 2 second rounders. Sinclar not needed. Back Naismith next year or try Suns for Smith.
I would be happy to give up our second rounders for Jetta. I, too, think he will improve our team. If we are smack bang in the middle of a premiership window, we need to bring in players to compete for spots, while keeping our depth. If that means missing out on one weak draft, so be it. We have some talented kids from the last couple of years, which means I think we can afford to miss out on any high picks this year. Go back to the draft in a big way next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enjoy screwing another one (O'Keefe) of your players of their wishes to move.

Really screwed over by winning another Premiership and a Norm Smith Medal

O'Keefe was happy to stay and only didn't get to the Hawks due to the arrogant campaigner Pelchen's antics offering up nothing for an AA quality player.

In fact based on your posting\comments you aren't Chris by any chance are you?

agreed, just like brown was, sinclair has way higher value to us as a listed player than his normal, uncontracted trade value. the eagles would be very happy to keep him on the list for next year.

so unless the trade for him is going to make them very, very happy, then its probably wiser to forget about him and try to figure something else out for jetta
Or just forget about Jetta?

We shouldn't be afraid to walk away from that deal.

Bit of an over simplification. Pick 14 is currently needed for Mills, who is our #1 priority. Sinclair would be great but isn't crucial.

Pick 14 isn't needed for Mills. The equivalent points are.

I think you will trade 14 for two picks in the 20s in a separate deal to the Jetta/Sinclair deal.

I think you will trade 14 for two picks in the 20s in a separate deal to the Jetta/Sinclair deal.

On the Collingwood board they were saying there was preliminary talks already.

Though it could just bigfooty talk. Reckon it will happen

Yep, as I said, pick 14 currently needed for Mills. We've had plenty of speculation about trading pick 14 for multiple lower round picks that give us more draft points which could well happen. Interestingly, none of the media types seem to be suggesting this as a potential option though.

Channel ten reporting Sinclair to Swans almost finalised. Not giving the details of the trade yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back