List Mgmt. List Management - 2015 Contract News

Remove this Banner Ad

Which again, is something that 18-21 year olds do on social networks all day every day. Ask any girl who's ever joined a dating site - all they get is pictures of dicks all day.

If Bootsma wasn't a minor celebrity then nothing would have come of it. It's only because the girl in question knew his name and who he worked for that he got in trouble in the first place.

Part of the issue also was that his own partner was 8 months pregnant at the time of the 'indiscretion' which led to the assumption that he must be a knob of the most monumental proportions to be sending unsolicited dick pics. And the assumption was probably right. But people can, and do change. And he was chucked to the wolves way too early as a player at AFL level.

But to say he was sacked because he was a s**t player and a s**t-truck of a person (not saying you said it ydraw). While there may be some fair truth in it, c'mon this is Carlton we're talking about. Hardly the exemplar of player management / list management / player development / people management in the AFL. FFS - Carlton. I think we all need to take whatever decisions they make with regards to their players and their list with a kilo or two of salt.

The argument against Bootsma hinges on the 'no dickheads' aspect. He is absolutely good enough to be on a rookie list at the very least based on how he's played for Peel this year.

Which again, is something that 18-21 year olds do on social networks all day every day. Ask any girl who's ever joined a dating site - all they get is pictures of dicks all day.

If Bootsma wasn't a minor celebrity then nothing would have come of it. It's only because the girl in question knew his name and who he worked for that he got in trouble in the first place.

The fact that he's a minor celebrity is the whole point. Just because it's common behaviour doesn't make it ok. There are a lot of things that 18-21 year old's do regularly that aren't acceptable behaviour in the eyes of the wider community. But, most 18-21 year olds are not public figures. AFL players are role models whether they like it or not. If you're an AFL footballer, your actions effect the community's view of your club and the AFL as a whole. If your actions tarnish the reputation of your club, you should expect to be sanctioned.

And if you think it's a good idea to send pics of your dick to random women on social media, there is something wrong with you.

The argument against Bootsma hinges on the 'no dickheads' aspect. He is absolutely good enough to be on a rookie list at the very least based on how he's played for Peel this year.
Could be an inspired rookie selection, but has he physically developed much over the past 2 years? He was skinny as a rake at Carlton & still looks pretty slight in the photos I've seen of him from this season. Also, is he very tall?

Could be an inspired rookie selection, but has he physically developed much over the past 2 years? He was skinny as a rake at Carlton & still looks pretty slight in the photos I've seen of him from this season. Also, is he very tall?
He's 190 so not huge but he's a mobile 3rd tall type like Ibbo. I had a look at him up close in the huddle yesterday and he's still slight of build but he's very wiry and cut. Not unlike Johnson.

His PT profile has him listed at 193. They've got him at 77kg, but a year or two in the AFL system should see him put on 8kg or so. Probably want him to build to around 92-95kg as a KPP for that height though.

http://www.wafl.com.au/players/view/4371

He'll never be a key position tall. How would he match up the modern day key forward (like Boyd) who has 8cm and about 25kg on him.

At best he's a 3rd tall who intercept marks and provides rebound. Is he gonna be strong enough to stand side by side with a Westoff/Darling/Crameri/Gunston etc. that may be his role. I'm not convinced.

If he can't play the 3rd tall, can he shut down the small?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair to say carlton have mismanaged their list and got rid of decent players. If he does well in WAFL should get another chance.

I was hoping we could move Lachie, Cripps, Menzel & Doc across to the same team so I can just barrack for them :p Any of those interest you?

Hah, those are the only ones I find interesting from your whole list tbh. Henderson especially would be a massive get, can do the job at either end and is still pretty young. Is he definitely going to leave you reckon?

Hah, those are the only ones I find interesting from your whole list tbh. Henderson especially would be a massive get, can do the job at either end and is still pretty young. Is he definitely going to leave you reckon?

They're the only ones I listed because I feel the same. There are a couple of other kids that are developing in the VFL who I like but once Simmo retires those 4 are really all that there is. Add Yarran too I guess.

Re:Lachie - If it were up to him he'd be signed already. Sadly, club are using him as bait because they're too scared to trade Murph or Gibbs.
If I have to lose Lachie Freo is the only team I could handle. He'd be a great defender for you guys.

His PT profile has him listed at 193. They've got him at 77kg, but a year or two in the AFL system should see him put on 8kg or so. Probably want him to build to around 92-95kg as a KPP for that height though.

http://www.wafl.com.au/players/view/4371
He's skinny for a footy player when I seen him but he would still definitely weigh a fair bit more than 77 kgs.

He's skinny for a footy player when I seen him but he would still definitely weigh a fair bit more than 77 kgs.
Just a little inside info on Boots. He is very skinny but he didn't follow the instructions/programs Carlton gave him to bulk up. Maybe if he's learned commitment and what is required to be an AFL player and starts to follow instruction he'd bulk up a bit.

Fair to say carlton have mismanaged their list and got rid of decent players. If he does well in WAFL should get another chance.

Their drafting has been woeful but I wouldn't say they've mismanaged their list. Some of the players that they've removed can play I agree, but if you're trying to implement a no dickhead policy at the club...

Their drafting has been woeful but I wouldn't say they've mismanaged their list. Some of the players that they've removed can play I agree, but if you're trying to implement a no dickhead policy at the club...

They let go of Eddie Betts and then Jeff Garlett. If that's not mismanagement, I don't know what is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back