Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three incidents stand out for mine.

The gutsy spoil early on.

The stuff kick to Chappy

Him beating Chappy one on one.

Tell me which of these you'd to be the aberration in his game.

Why this obsession with kids learning their trade in the back line? Kids a midfielder, why not put him in there?

He's played a lot of footy in the backline. I sort of agree though because he is a better midfielder then defender

This comes across much more vividly watching him live rather than on TV - the kid has got some c*** about him. There was an arrogance and confidence about his onfield demeanour that you just wouldn't expect from a teenager on debut. Moreso than anything about his kicking, this is what gets me exctied - because a bit of mongrel is something that is so sorely lacking in the rest of the team.

Thought he struggled early on, half back is the simplest position on the ground, he either pushes up to the midfield or gets over run by the next crop.
High draft pick, lots of hype, nothing special, but then some of the best judges had Ziebell down for multiple Brownlow's early on, keep a lid on it fellas.

Thought he struggled early on, half back is the simplest position on the ground, he either pushes up to the midfield or gets over run by the next crop.
High draft pick, lots of hype, nothing special, but then some of the best judges had Ziebell down for multiple Brownlow's early on, keep a lid on it fellas.
Sage advice to keep a lid on it coz everyone's s**t smells like poo...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What?? This post is odd.

He's been around the club so long that I think it's easy to take for granted that he has slotted into our starting 21 in his first year. Looks like he'll be removing himself from the bottom 6 of the playing team sooner than later too.

Looks like a kid in a candy store with his dads gold Amex card.

Needs to be pushed further up the field.

This.

I think every possession he's had up the field has looked extremely dangerous.

One ordinary game and he's dropped, he'll never have a ordinary one after...

Gotta creepy man crush on this one. Thinking of introducing a weird grey patch to the side of my head.

He was very solid today and showed fantastic composure for a 2nd gamer. Reading your post it appears you have almost written him off already.

And half back being the simplest position to play? Do you honestly think any position at AFL level is "simple"?

I wouldn't waste time on Josef.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back