Majak Daw Charged with Rape

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope when the media publish old photos and film of the player involved and its of a not serious nature that they show the date of when the picture took place. The media tends to show photos etc without explaining and giving a false impression

If they thought they could get away with it they'd show the 100kg version of Majak next to a picture of the girl when she was 8.

For about the 10,000th time on this board, it is not the court's job to prove innocence. A charge is laid, and the accused is either guilty or not guilty of the charge. Not guilty of a charge does not equate to innocence.

Wtf mate you knew what i meant!

Not guilty of the charge or innocent of the accusations
Stop being a know it all

For about the 10,000th time on this board, it is not the court's job to prove innocence. A charge is laid, and the accused is either guilty or not guilty of the charge. Not guilty of a charge does not equate to innocence.

And here in lies the problem.

I can honestly say if Maj is found guilty i hope he is locked up for it and never seen in the AFL again.

Can you honestly say if hes found not guilty you will view him as innocent and no differently than before this arose?

Regardless of result the damage is done, career possibly over regardless of outcome. Now talk to me of justice..........

just be really careful with who you trust nowadays. Once your doing better than others, they will try everything to try and drag you back down.
and don't worry, I will soon be back on that footy field and i will prove everyone wrong and rise above ALL
‪#‎trustnobody‬ ‪#‎standbymajak‬

Daw on Facebook around 15 minutes ago.

Good that he's remaining positive, but I'm not sure it's the right moment to be making these kind of statements publicly.

Tough situation for everyone including victims

Hopefully justice whichever it gos works out everyone

He was 15 at the time. Plenty of 15 year old people make mistakes

I work with youth in a counselling role and they make mistakes - hopefully he gets the support needed

He uses twitter but hasn't wrote anything, probably been advised to avoid social media i imagine

https://twitter.com/majakdaw
The club and maj cannot make comment. Don't know if you took the time to read the club's statement on their website. But i think you should if you haven's as yet.

The fact that he's been charged with rape allegations means nothing as they are yet to be proven in a court of law.
Until that happens to be proven maj is innocent until proven otherwise.

People on here need to be careful as if they start casting dispersions the club, maj, the victoria police along with the alledged victim could use this site and this thread as evidence against you in a court of law.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People on here need to be careful as if they start casting dispersions the club, maj, the victoria police along with the alledged victim could use this site and this thread as evidence against you in a court of law.

There it is again sooze, every post of yours includes this term.
You are so far out of your depth it isn't funny, you don't need to act as an unauthorised legal rep for North. You are not qualified to make the comments you do.

Stick to basic footy. :thumbsu:

They will on a consent case if the complainant is unwilling to go through with it, even with a fair bit of supporting evidence.

I didn't think it was optional to give evidence in a criminal case. I think if all they have is the testimony then they probably would be reluctant to go to trial if the victim was reluctant to testify.

In time we will find out what evidence they have I guess. The testimony would want to be consistent with whatever was made during the initial complaint, otherwise the lawyers will go to town on the victim.

It all depends on how you measure it. These are the numbers I go by:

In the past year, 49 per cent of sex offence

matters were resolved before trial,

contributing to an overall conviction

rate of 70 per cent.

http://www.opp.vic.gov.au/getattach...-9c15-73996573eae4/Annual-Report-2010-11.aspx
http://www.opp.vic.gov.au/getattach...-9c15-73996573eae4/Annual-Report-2010-11.aspx

Yeah, that was the 2010/11 report, I read an article dated earlier this year, not sure if the figures in that newspaper article were updated or just incorrect. I would trust an official publication ahead of a newspaper article though.

The trial progresses as if he was an adult. It would only go through the child process if he was under 19 when charges were filed. His youth would be a factor at sentence, and could also be used in relation to his belief in consent. The charge which applies is as it was at the time.

That doesn't seem to be very fair. He was a minor when the incident happened and during the initial investigation. It seems kind of pointless to have different rules for minors if you can just wait until they are an adult before prosecuting.

Yeah, people can take it too far the other way. There are unquestionably false complaints made - I've seen a number first hand. It's certainly not a possibility which should be dismissed, but nor is it one I would necessarily leap towards without some pretty good cause.

I think it is probably less likely in lower profile cases but more likely in higher profile cases. You don't really have the groupie factor for lower-profile cases.

I'm not sure I follow - unless and until he is found guilty of a charge, he is entitled to be presumed innocent of that charge.
Mate unless you're a big city lawyer or something you're way out of your depth here, pretty sure pavsbootlace knows what he's on about.

Presumption of innocence is to give the benefit of doubt until a court judges otherwise.

Innocence means either you are not guilty OR a court has decided you are not guilty.

Rolf Harris was presumed innocent when he was charged with indecent assault in March last year. That doesn't mean he was innocent, in fact he was guilty all along.

Presumption of innocence is to give the benefit of doubt until a court judges otherwise.

Innocence means either you are not guilty OR a court has decided you are not guilty.

Rolf Harris was presumed innocent when he was charged with indecent assault in March last year. That doesn't mean he was innocent, in fact he was guilty all along.

Read what SonOfReep wrote below (particularly the bolded bit) and see if you can follow. If you can't maybe ask Miss Snagglepuss your grade 3 teacher what it all means when you get back from holidays and try not to s**t your pants while she's reading you "The Very Hungry Caterpillar".

I'm not sure I follow - unless and until he is found guilty of a charge, he is entitled to be presumed innocent of that charge.

No, he remained innocent until proved guilty. You are conflating the legal principle with the question of whether someone has actually committed a crime, but has not been charged or tried.

Read what SonOfReep wrote below (particularly the bolded bit) and see if you can follow. If you can't maybe ask Miss Snagglepuss your grade 3 teacher what it all means when you get back from holidays and try not to s**t your pants while she's reading you "The Very Hungry Caterpillar".

It seems you missed the post I was responding to.

Actually, Daw is innocent until proven guilty. If he is found "not guilty" of a charge, he is entitled to the presumption of innocence.

He is not innocent, he is presumed innocent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back