Marriage Equality Achieved - (SSM Debate Part 4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Also immaculate conception

“So there’s two ways to knock a bird up, one is real fun with the women”

God “... and the other?”

I liked the sign out the front of the US church "jesus had two dads and he turned out fine"

Is that like all the people who were going to move to Canada if Trump won?

Like all the idiots who wanted to move to Australia because Obama became president.

At least gays can get married now. That's finally fixed and won't burden any more important issues. What a complete waste of time should've just legislated it in 5 minutes and focused on any of homelessness, kids dying from medical disease, abuse in disabled and aged care as our primary social concerns. But glad the millennial rainbow march cared less about those issues and used their collective force to make ssm our priority.

Now this is done it will be interesting to see what the rainbow marching people put before disabled abuse and youth bullying/suicide. I'm betting Manus or something else 50000000000000000km away.

Last edited:

"Acute trauma". It's amazing the human species ever survived a famine or war.
Maybe. Any time I feel down, or the kids at school are having a grizzle, the curse of being one of those people who bothered to read a bit or look at the world in years past kicks in, and mental images of starving kids in Africa or a Jews getting on trains in 1939 negate any right I have to a proper whinge...damned hard being a white middle aged industrialised nation male sometimes, when that shit keeps popping up...

I use an analogy - two guys are in the waiting room in hospital. One is about to be told his 95yo dad has just died peacefully, the other is about to be told the car crash has killed his wife and two kids through horrible injuries. Who is suffering the greater loss? Sure, seems easy enough to answer, but when you stand in that man's shoes, you don't necessarily get the same answer. The guy who lost his dad might hear about the other guy and be suitably horrified, but does that negate his own anguish?

Walk in their shoes, mate...it's all a matter of perspective...

At least gays can get married now. That's finally fixed and won't burden any more important issues. What a complete waste of time should've just legislated it in 5 minutes and focused on any of homelessness, kids dying from medical disease, abuse in disabled and aged care as our primary social concerns. But glad the millennial rainbow march cared less about those issues and used their collective force to make ssm our priority.

Now this is done it will be interesting to see what the rainbow marching people put before disabled abuse and youth bullying/suicide. I'm betting Manus or something else 50000000000000000km away.
Who said anyone was neglecting any of the other issues? You bet your arse people are up in arms about every single one of them...

What you're confusing with the priorities of the "millennial rainbow march", however, is the priorities of the media and political parties, who go hand in hand purposely/accidentally determining which issue gets the biggest coverage...

Maybe. Any time I feel down, or the kids at school are having a grizzle, the curse of being one of those people who bothered to read a bit or look at the world in years past kicks in, and mental images of starving kids in Africa or a Jews getting on trains in 1939 negate any right I have to a proper whinge...damned hard being a white middle aged industrialised nation male sometimes, when that shit keeps popping up...

I use an analogy - two guys are in the waiting room in hospital. One is about to be told his 95yo dad has just died peacefully, the other is about to be told the car crash has killed his wife and two kids through horrible injuries. Who is suffering the greater loss? Sure, seems easy enough to answer, but when you stand in that man's shoes, you don't necessarily get the same answer. The guy who lost his dad might hear about the other guy and be suitably horrified, but does that negate his own anguish?

Someone dying is traumatic. A plebiscite isn’t.

I know. How terrible was it that those people who represent the 26 letters of the alphabet were too self absorbed to care about these issues!
41A04507-5B8C-4F4F-B4BC-C25563B92948.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahh yes because people/government can only focus on one issue at a time

I know. How terrible was it that those people who represent the 26 letters of the alphabet were too self absorbed to care about these issues!
View attachment 584876

Not sure it's their fault that priorities are so out of whack. Like you said Benny, this should have been a blip on the legislative radar at best - blame the 'no' people I guess, seems to me they were just as noisy as the 'millennial rainbow march' and without them there is no circus.

Anyway, are boys wearing dresses to school en masse yet? Anyone married a bridge?

Will this become a day we commemorate, like Sorry Day or Reconciliation Day? Will it be a day of mourning because of the acute trauma or a celebration? Will their be a pool of reflection built? A wailing wall?

Maybe we can replace Australia Day with it.

Will this become a day we commemorate, like Sorry Day or Reconciliation Day? Will it be a day of mourning because of the acute trauma or a celebration? Will their be a pool of reflection built? A wailing wall?

Probably not - based on this post I'd say it has effected you more than most people, somehow.

no theyre all just pussy **** who should harden up :rolleyes:

can we fill the pool with the tears of all the christian extremists who want to impose their version of sharia law on everyone?

It hasn’t. It is amusing how SSM campaigners are still whinging. Grievance can never be assuaged.

Says the bloke who took the time to post the person whinging in the first place, then followed up with a hypothetical every bit as reasonable as some of the classics being put out by the no campaign last year, lol.

Anyway, I said 'most'. I'm not sure one sensitive sally on the drum is representative of much.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back