News Matty White to Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He has said he will always be a tiger at heart. He has been a fantastic clubman and is the perfect example of someone who has deficiencies in their game, but understands that and plays within his limitations. He also has a fantastic attitude and commitment to the club and his endeavor is something a few of our players could learn from. Port may not be getting he most skilled bloke, but they are getting a good bloke and a great clubman which clubs can not have too many of.

I thank Matty for his time at the Tigers and his contribution to the club and wish him well at the Power. Thanks for everything champ.

Hope he does well.
It would have been irresponsible for us to match that offer. Have to cop it and move on.
Had some terrific moments for us along the way. Will be remembered affectionately as a bloke and he did try his guts out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any compensation on the cards? Have heard that we aren't eligible because he is unrestricted?

For a Richmond supporter as a kid and someone who is just starting to finally play good footy, this news surprises me. If Richmond couldn't match Ports offer then what this tells me is that he wasn't prepared to work hard enough to keep his spot in our team. Good luck Matt, you're going to need it to break into that Port side. I'm guessing you'll be a top up fringe player at best over there.
Anyway thanks for your efforts at Richmond and we hope you find what you're looking for in Adelaide.

Wish him well!

Hamstrings won't be an issue, they've only been small ones, which I assume are due to his high percentage if fast twitch fibres - but port have the best in the business for managing players and he will lighten White's load sufficiently to minimise hamstring damage.

Plus, judging by the interview at the b+f, White overtrained himself out of anger this year after being sub repeatedly. Self-inflicted and we didn't stop him probably because we knew his career was on the line and he needed the extra training.

My prediction: White does very little at Port. He's passionate, pacey, and has kicked a few emotional goals this year but those are the same reasons why he's very overrated.

But he leaves without any resentment from fans whatsoever. That's pretty rare with free agency right now. So good on him and best wishes.

For a Richmond supporter as a kid and someone who is just starting to finally play good footy, this news surprises me. If Richmond couldn't match Ports offer then what this tells me is that he wasn't prepared to work hard enough to keep his spot in our team. Good luck Matt, you're going to need it to break into that Port side. I'm guessing you'll be a top up fringe player at best over there.
Anyway thanks for your efforts at Richmond and we hope you find what you're looking for in Adelaide.

You can't really blame him and he'll have to work hard either way

$$$-security-hard work > hard work

Wish him well!

Hamstrings won't be an issue, they've only been small ones, which I assume are due to his high percentage if fast twitch fibres - but port have the best in the business for managing players and he will lighten White's load sufficiently to minimise hamstring damage.

Plus, judging by the interview at the b+f, White overtrained himself out of anger this year after being sub repeatedly. Self-inflicted and we didn't stop him probably because we knew his career was on the line and he needed the extra training.

My prediction: White does very little at Port. He's passionate, pacey, and has kicked a few emotional goals this year but those are the same reasons why he's very overrated.

But he leaves without any resentment from fans whatsoever. That's pretty rare with free agency right now. So good on him and best wishes.

Let's wait and see...

You can't really blame him and he'll have to work hard either way

$$$-security-hard work > hard work

Oh I'm not blaming him for pursuing other opportunities at all. Just seemed strange that he decided now. I would have been less surprised 2-3 years ago.

The coaching staff used him well this season, will be interesting to see how Port use him and if he can secure a spot in their firsts.

Not a big loss imo, I wish him the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back