Roast Max King is a bust

Remove this Banner Ad

Facebook marketplace, never a worse experience to be had, eBay is almost gold standard compared to Gumtree and Facecrook

Facebook is alright. Gumtree is a s**t pile. I sold a piece of machinery we had sitting around at work. I put it on for $100 which was about a tenth of what I'd paid for it so it would go that day, got some knob ring up offering $20, when I said no he said he'd take it anyway. Says he's coming from Ballarat and will be there in an hour. Keeps ringing every 20 minutes saying it's taking longer than he thought to get there. At 7pm I'm still at work waiting and he calls again so when I ask him where he is he says he hasn't left yet but will be there in 30 minutes. I know he must have been a bit off kilter but why???? I ended up putting it out on the street so I didn't have to deal with ******* idiots.

The other experience of Gumtree we gave away a kids bed and mattress, had some junkies turn up with a micro car with no roof rack and 2 kids and the two adults. We got it in the car with a mattress on the roof with no proper rope and bits of wood hanging out windows. They were going back to the western suburbs like that over the bridge. I was pretty sure I was going to get sued for being charitable. They must have got home though, I didn't see anything on the news.

Facebook is alright. Gumtree is a sh*t pile. I sold a piece of machinery we had sitting around at work. I put it on for $100 which was about a tenth of what I'd paid for it so it would go that day, got some knob ring up offering $20, when I said no he said he'd take it anyway. Says he's coming from Ballarat and will be there in an hour. Keeps ringing every 20 minutes saying it's taking longer than he thought to get there. At 7pm I'm still at work waiting and he calls again so when I ask him where he is he says he hasn't left yet but will be there in 30 minutes. I know he must have been a bit off kilter but why???? I ended up putting it out on the street so I didn't have to deal with ******* idiots.

The other experience of Gumtree we gave away a kids bed and mattress, had some junkies turn up with a micro car with no roof rack and 2 kids and the two adults. We got it in the car with a mattress on the roof with no proper rope and bits of wood hanging out windows. They were going back to the western suburbs like that over the bridge. I was pretty sure I was going to get sued for being charitable. They must have got home though, I didn't see anything on the news.
I'd give it to the new owner of the house if it wasn't one I'd picked up as a resto project.

They could play on it, but I'm sure they envisioned using that entire half of the house for something else.

Can't we just get back to talking about cheese?

Thoughts on mascarpone?

Ah Mascarpone the Jack Billings of cheese, sort of looks like cream but most people think he could be harder and a bit more flavoursome. Hard not to compare it to the big Gorgonzola Bontempelli that went strait after him too..

Slivovitz and tears.
Oh f*** - Slivovitz, I think I'm gonna vomit - drunkest I've ever been in my life was because of Slivovitz.

First ever International Wine Show at the Exhibition Buildings in Melbourne (80's???). Buy your entry ticket, get a pile of coupons, use the coupons at whichever countries stand you fancied. All came apart when we realised we could stand by the exit door and collect unused coupons from people who were leaving.

Ended up the night at the Czech stand with an totally inexhaustible amount of coupons sticking out of our pockets - absolute mayhem!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about Max is a fiscallini bandaged cheddar? salty and sweet, with a nutty creaminess that lingers on the palate

As long as it improves with age and becomes one of those hard old big cheeses. I reckon maybe a wheel of Reggiano Parmesan. They are worth a heap and gain value as they age. Chuck him on any bunch of noodles and it improves them.

[TD valign="top"]

Hi there,

I can see your invoice address is in SA.

Are you actually in the area and able to pick up the table?
[/TD]

Hey,
Where abouts is it in sa? I live in the barossa

[TD valign="top"]

It's not in SA.

It's in St Albans, VIC.
[/TD]

Okay. Could you send me the cost to freight please

Noidenous i feel ya pain. when i was working in the states we had a hdd drive die in one of our file storage servers. we had a decent support package so the provider had to replace the drive. simple job, they come out, whack the old one out, chuck the new one in, takes a bit to sync and then we are all good. was through a major computing company. so anyways call them, get the standard 24 hour response we had. get a call from the guy assigned to the job...
"hey I'm at <street name> and there's no <number>"
"me that's strange as I'm here now"
"are you sure because this road is dead and I'm in the middle of no where"
"hang on... what state are you in"
"California"
"LOL we are in Texas"

Noidenous i feel ya pain. when i was working in the states we had a hdd drive die in one of our file storage servers. we had a decent support package so the provider had to replace the drive. simple job, they come out, whack the old one out, chuck the new one in, takes a bit to sync and then we are all good. was through a major computing company. so anyways call them, get the standard 24 hour response we had. get a call from the guy assigned to the job...
"hey I'm at <street name> and there's no <number>"
"me that's strange as I'm here now"
"are you sure because this road is dead and I'm in the middle of no where"
"hang on... what state are you in"
"California"
"LOL we are in Texas"
Wowee, I hope the employer docked their pay with the line 'Stupidity Tax'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back