Roast Max King is a bust

Remove this Banner Ad

I say “I wish the club would fold” at least twice a week. Usually pretty reactively.

I just say it coz I fear for my sanity. Supporting this club gives you the highest of highs and the lowest of lows.

I actually remember when Marshall was off the ground and we had those late goals in the second quarter that I thought (not for the first time) it was season over.

I actually said aloud “I’m never going to see this team win a premiership. I’ll be dead in the ground with maggots crawling all over me when they finally win a flag”

Pretty emotive reactionary stuff right?

My wife, bless her, is used to this kind of behaviour and just rolled her eyes and reminded me that if I kept reacting like this I probably would be dead in the ground because I’d give myself a heart attack.

The ultimate mod power move.

Let's not censor opinions we don't like or that ruffle a few feathers.

This thread was a pretty light melt after one of the worst team performances in living memory.
There's literally hundreds of posts a week that break the rules for overt criticism of players and club that we take no action on because we understand people get emotional.

With that said- talk about an overreaction. If we actually moderated to the rules half of you would he suspended based on last week alone lol

Pfft
Gandalf is 11,000 years old pal.
Olórin is an immortal demigod, mother*er.

“Gandalf” is just a mortal shell.

There's literally hundreds of posts a week that break the rules for overt criticism of players and club that we take no action on because we understand people get emotional.

With that said- talk about an overreaction. If we actually moderated to the rules half of you would he suspended based on last week alone lol

Mate, the issue is not about closing the thread - or, even if you wanted to, giving the OP a good kicking for posting the thread in the first place.

The issue is about reopening it and trying to curate content. Under this precedent you could, for example, start a thread "How good is St Kilda?" open it in weeks where we win and close it in week where we lose. Or you could close every thread making a derogatory point and only reopen them when the point is disproven.

Moderators are there to moderate, not to curate subject matter.

I say “I wish the club would fold” at least twice a week. Usually pretty reactively.

I just say it coz I fear for my sanity. Supporting this club gives you the highest of highs and the lowest of lows.

I actually remember when Marshall was off the ground and we had those late goals in the second quarter that I thought (not for the first time) it was season over.

I actually said aloud “I’m never going to see this team win a premiership. I’ll be dead in the ground with maggots crawling all over me when they finally win a flag”

Pretty emotive reactionary stuff right?

My wife, bless her, is used to this kind of behaviour and just rolled her eyes and reminded me that if I kept reacting like this I probably would be dead in the ground because I’d give myself a heart attack.

My wife usually just gives me the "stop following them then" and that shuts me down every time. It's like you've invested a ridiculous amount of money into a failing venture but you are so far down the road you can't back out. It would be just my luck if I stopped following them, they'd win a premiership just to mess with me.

I'm pretty sure there's some kind of weirdo masochistic streak that loves the pain a little bit in the subconscious too. The rollercoaster wouldn't be any fun if it was flat.

Olórin is an immortal demigod, motherf***er.

“Gandalf” is just a mortal shell.

I'm imagining you in a large leather armchair by the fire in your tweed tapping out your pipe as you say that.

My apologies.
Note to self, thou shall not wade into the murky D&D waters.

You'll get yourself shivved with an elaborately shaped medieval inspired chess piece if you're not careful.

Mate, the issue is not about closing the thread - or, even if you wanted to, giving the OP a good kicking for posting the thread in the first place.

The issue is about reopening it and trying to curate content. Under this precedent you could, for example, start a thread "How good is St Kilda?" open it in weeks where we win and close it in week where we lose. Or you could close every thread making a derogatory point and only reopen them when the point is disproven.

Moderators are there to moderate, not to curate subject matter.
Like I said, talk about an overreaction. We actually are more lenient than a majority of other club boards, posters on oppo boards are warned and suspended for much, much less.

Would I have reopened it? No. But there's far worse that we let posters get away with than openly shitting on one of our players.

You all have it really good here in comparison to other areas of the site. You can generally say what you want about a player or the club without any reprimand.

If you want to be critical of the way the board is moderated why don't we go the whole hog and moderate strictly to the rules. Week off for any criticism towards player or club for a start. Imagine the response if that started happening.

Imagine how many deleted posts and suspensions we could've issued out last week. I didn't give out one warning. But it's cool, you talk about curating content - look at last week. If we wanted to curate content last week would've been the perfect time for it.

Just can't win, doesn't really matter what action we take. Always will be a select few who see it differently. Personally I couldn't really give two stuffs at this point lol

Like I said, talk about an overreaction. We actually are more lenient than a majority of other club boards, posters on oppo boards are warned and suspended for much, much less.

Would I have reopened it? No. But there's far worse that we let posters get away with that openly shifting on one of our players.

Well no one is burning the forum down. There have been no calls for stand downs or demands that you walk naked down Bourke St. It has simply been pointed out that it was poor form. It has been not much more than feedback. Feedback that the team should take on board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After the essendon loss you said the club should fold or relocate.

Seems pretty emotive stuff.

Op here was over the top. Obviously in a bad head space and overly emotive.

Can happen to the best of us.

If there was a reason to close this thread, that reason never changed. It's absolutely poor form to reopen it.

I'll say it again. If there was a reason to close this thread, that reason never changed.

You questioned my support for the club when i said i wish melbourne had kicked straighter, my thinking being maybe we'd get the rocket we needed then. Might have stopped the thrashing we got from the dons. Yet you can say the club should fold and that's ok.

None of us are perfect mate.

We all support the same team ffs. I don't know why there has to be such vitriol when someone has a brain fart.

Yup said that and also said that about you. Also came out and openly apologised to you after the Bombers debacle.

I am responding to the hilarious whinging about a thread being reopened and the victim mentality.

I was as angry and pissed off by the club as I have ever been after Essendon, even in that state, I posted the OP opinion was an embarrassment.

Anyone can have a go at my posts and I won't become a victim and cry about pile on's etc. FFS it is about footy, not life and death.

Reckon one of the greatest boss moves by Kildonan in the years this forum has been operating ;) :D

Yup said that and also said that about you. Also came out and openly apologised to you after the Bombers debacle.

I am responding to the hilarious whinging about a thread being reopened and the victim mentality.

I was as angry and pissed off by the club as I have ever been after Essendon, even in that state, I posted the OP opinion was an embarrassment.

Anyone can have a go at my posts and I won't become a victim and cry about pile on's etc. FFS it is about footy, not life and death.

Reckon one of the greatest boss moves by Kildonan in the years this forum has been operating ;) :D

I missed the apology... my bad.

It's all good. For the record i'm not actually having a go at your post after the bombers loss... the opposite actually. Just saying we all get wound up from time to time.

I missed the apology... my bad.

It's all good. For the record i'm not actually having a go at your post after the bombers loss... the opposite actually. Just saying we all get wound up from time to time.

Sure do. No worry's re the apology you were completely correct, a 100 point loss v Melbourne may have woken us up a game earlier.

My apologies.
Note to self, thou shall not wade into the murky D&D waters.
Suggesting LotR is akin to D&D is like saying Star Wars and Star Trek are basically the same thing; be prepared for epic nerd rage.

Besides, Pathfinder is a better day out than D&D anyway. 😁

Last edited:

Maybe even yourself too :D

Maybe even yourself too :D
That's my point...we let a lot slide.

We either ban everyone for any comment criticising the players or club, or we don't. The rules are there moreso as a guideline for people to follow. Anything extremely over the top is taken care of as it should, and in all honesty all of it should be handled the same way if we are sticking to the rule book, but we don't do that because we get people get frustrated. It's natural.

Remember I was the one who overturned one of your suspensions in the past so let's not make out like we are always out to get people. In fact it's the complete opposite on most occasions. There's people here I don't like but I don't run them off the site with warnings or suspensions.

As I said...we have it good here.

I thought I’d read the rules just for shags and gags after this post and Holy s**t you are right. Glad you don’t moderate to the rules. I’d be suspended once a week at least lol

I thought I’d read the rules just for shags and gags after this post and Holy sh*t you are right. Glad you don’t moderate to the rules. I’d be suspended once a week at least lol
There's several oppo boards that DO moderate to those rules, and we'd be well within our "power" or whatever to do so as well. It's up to the discretion of the mods and honestly we hardly ever suspend people. I don't think I've issued a warning for about a month, possibly more.

As long as you aren't threatening to kill our players, our posters, or light the club HQ on fire you should be fine here, lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back