Roast Max King is a bust

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm cool with what I wrote, drunk, pissed off, we all do stupid things at times.

I also wrote

couldn't do it in this thread because it was closed without any notification.

not hiding from anything, but the mod's poor form is my issue with it being reopened.
love the personal digs tho, esp the downhill skier bit, anyway carry on..........

It's indicative of the way many of our supporters turn on our own players when the chips are down. We all need to be better.

I don’t hate a pile-on, and think this thread was a terrible call, but I think re-opening it to hang s**t on an individual poster is poor form.

I’m mad this thread has more likes and posts than mine. Should change the title.

Oh shut up.
Op put himself out there and opened himself up to criticism by posting something ridiculously stupid. If Max read bf that poster would have been bullying him.
How about you go back and read everything I said, or are just unable to understand,

I'm cool with what I wrote, drunk, pissed off, we all do stupid things at times.

I also wrote

not hiding from anything, but the mod's poor form is my issue with it being reopened.
love the personal digs tho, esp the downhill skier bit, anyway carry on..........
Don't worry about it mate, losing to Essendon by 75 when we were hoping to be contenders was about the lowest I've felt as a supporter so no doubt you were posting emotionally.

I'm sure you were as happy as anyone when Max had the game he had yesterday; for better or worse we all want the best for the team.

I also wrote

Relax, you just typed what we were all thinking, celebrate the win and move forward, but your penance is to go and buy a new jumper and put 12 on it with Max above the number and King below it 😂
BTW, can you re-name the thread Max King isn’t a bust?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Relax, you just typed what we were all thinking, celebrate the win and move forward, but your penance is to go and buy a new jumper and put 12 on it with Max above the number and King below it 😂
BTW, can you re-name the thread Max King isn’t a bust?

Pretty sure no one was thinking what he wrote, that's the point. Venting is one thing, calling Max King = Fine Cotton means you should punch yourself in the face and find a new club.

Put your hand up to moderate then.

OP got what it deserved.
so you're ok with the thread being removed and then brought back for the sole purpose of a pile-on?

So I can take it that my posts will start getting deleted now because I have posted negative stuff.
God forbid, I give my opinion on the train wreck and even moreso what I saw on Friday.
You conveniently leave out that I said it was a captains run and not a main training session.
You might find what happened v Essendon acceptable, thats up to you, but don't censor alternative views.

seems we have the same opinion.

I'd be fine if the thread was left up and that's why I haven't (and won't) change 1 single thing about it, but to bring a thread back as the Mods have is pretty crap. It's not moderating at all, its abuse of power.

still haven't heard a thing from any mods.... except of course the few smarmy comments in here.

so you're ok with the thread being removed and then brought back for the sole purpose of a pile-on?

seems we have the same opinion.

I'd be fine if the thread was left up and that's why I haven't (and won't) change 1 single thing about it, but to bring a thread back as the Mods have is pretty crap. It's not moderating at all, its abuse of power.

still haven't heard a thing from any mods.... except of course the few smarmy comments in here.

Yep, very happy. Especially your reaction.

And my post is in a totally different context, do you want to post the response by George as well?

It was a stupid opinion and it deserves to be derided.

Hope it gets bumped every time Max shows it for what it was for the next ten years.

Put your hand up to moderate then.

OP got what it deserved.

I have put my hand up to moderate here and I moderated for 10 years on one of the largest online forums in the world. The original post was inflammatory and should have been closed, as it was. Re-opening it in the circumstances was poor and if that sort of thing became common practise here the site content would be subject to manipulation and simply a representation of the moderator’s views.

It is totally right that this sort of moderation is called out.

I remember when some people were calling Darcy Moore a bust early in his career too

These kind of posts just remind you of how quickly things can change in footy. Ben King looked a long way ahead while Max looked like he was struggling to run a lead or even really contest. St Kilda looked bottom 3 and the next few weeks were conspiring to write off the season by round 6. We'd just lost by 80 points to a bottom side and the players had put in the most insipid performance I can remember and it wasn't that much worse than the week before.

For some reason some fans started to feel like a kind of very St Kilda thing was about to happen. Every bit of positivity built the year before was being pissed away and we were moving back into a the rut that we were comfortable in. Luckily the worst didn't eventuate and those that were crazy enough to not lose faith look vindicated when they held their nerve.

Plenty of us had had enough, weren't bothering any more, knew we were s**t blah blah. Some of us made outrageous statements. Who gives a *. The players brought pressure on themselves by not putting in. They responded and like true Sainters we're all back on board and pretending nothing happened. Welcome to footy. Acting outraged about negative responses in negative periods doesn't make you superior, just makes you look like a bit of a campaigner.

Plenty of dumb stuff, nothing so blatantly idiotic.

After the essendon loss you said the club should fold or relocate.

Seems pretty emotive stuff.

Op here was over the top. Obviously in a bad head space and overly emotive.

Can happen to the best of us.

If there was a reason to close this thread, that reason never changed. It's absolutely poor form to reopen it.

I'll say it again. If there was a reason to close this thread, that reason never changed.

You questioned my support for the club when i said i wish melbourne had kicked straighter, my thinking being maybe we'd get the rocket we needed then. Might have stopped the thrashing we got from the dons. Yet you can say the club should fold and that's ok.

None of us are perfect mate.

We all support the same team ffs. I don't know why there has to be such vitriol when someone has a brain fart.

pretty gutless to close a thread, no message as to why, for a week, then re-open it because somehow you feel entitled to do so.

but I replied in another thread, so I wont bother here
The ultimate mod power move.

Let's not censor opinions we don't like or that ruffle a few feathers.

This thread was a pretty light melt after one of the worst team performances in living memory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back