Discussion NAB Cup (general discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon we take this side to Gippsland...

FB: Simpkin - Delaney - Geary
HB: Webster - Goddard - Roberton
CR: Savage - Newnes - Templeton
HF: Curren - White - Markworth
FF: Billings - Lee - Bruce
RK: Longer - Weller - Armitage (c)
IC: Saunders - Acres - Dunstan - Ross - Wright - Shenton

Let's have a look at what is predominantly the 'B Squad'.

Nah, Cox has said we'll play to win.

Furthermore, any chance you get to crush the very will of Essendon to remain in the competition, you take it. And then you make them smell it, smell it, smell it... then TAKE IT!

Membrey is locked in, has told all his mates from traralgon to come and watch him kick 5.

Membrey is locked in, has told all his mates from traralgon to come and watch him kick 5.
Hows' he finding life at Seaford, crasha? Is he thinking he'll play round 1?

Furthermore, any chance you get to crush the very will of Essendon to remain in the competition, you take it. And then you make them smell it, smell it, smell it... then TAKE IT!
Well bloody said! :mad:
Right then; Roo, Joey, Gilbert, Hickey, Siposs and Steven out through injury or management, otherwise a little bit of experimenting aaand...

FB: Dempster - Delaney - Geary
HB: Webster - Goddard - Fisher
CR: Savage - Armitage - Newnes
HF: Membrey - Lee - Templeton
FF: Billings - McCartin - Bruce
RK: Longer - Weller - Dunstan
IC: Ray - Roberton - Acres - Curren - Sinclair - Ross

Also in the mix: White, Shenton, Saad, Minchington, Saunders, Wright, Murdoch, Simpkin.

Probably not: Holmes, McKenzie, Pierce, Payne, Schneider, Lonie, Markworth (inj.?).

FB: Dempster - Delaney - Geary
HB: Webster - Goddard - Fisher
CR: Savage - Armitage - Newnes
HF: Membrey - Lee - Templeton
FF: Billings - McCartin - Bruce
RK: Longer - Weller - Dunstan
IC: Ray - Roberton - Acres - Curren - Sinclair - Ross

Also in the mix: White, Shenton, Saad, Minchington, Saunders, Wright, Murdoch, Simpkin.

Probably not: Holmes, McKenzie, Pierce, Payne, Schneider, Lonie, Markworth (inj.?).

getting warmer...

la-fitness-warm-up-and-get-hot.jpg

Yep, and Richo on SEN mentioned that the aim (generally) is to ramp up for NAB 2, and noted we would be relatively full strength. Perhaps that changes, but it did appear to be the strategy.

I know everyone always parrots the "It's only the NAB cup, it doesn't count" line, but gee I hope we beat Essendon. I would really hate to lose to them with the state of their side.

As far as I'm concerned NAB cup games still entitle you to mild bragging rights at work.

what is this thread for mods? general nab discussion? only stkilda related? non-stkilda related? will we have different threads for game days? somebody help me!!!

No doubt someone will create a game day thread once the team is announced. This thread is for general discussion on the Saints over the next week - including potential teams / players to watch (with the general AFL thread continued to be used for other games/players). Squizzy

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't heard anything about round 1, loves being back in vic and has said he thinks richo is the smartest coach he has had.

nice!!!!!

any other comments you've heard from him about the club, coaches etc?.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know a radio/TV schedule for our nab games? I can't seem to find anything
Not sure on radio but..

First game vs Brisbane - Not on TV
Second game vs Essendope - On Fox Footy
Third game vs Hawthorn - On Fox Footy

Haven't heard anything about round 1, loves being back in vic and has said he thinks richo is the smartest coach he has had.
Promising praise.
If the lad can convince the rest of the boys their coach is smarter than the premiership winning horse,
Will do wonders for their confidence, belief and trust in Richo.

Hi guys,

Seeing the Lions v Saints game isn't on TV, I just wondering if anyone has any idea if the Saints are going to try to live stream it through their website.

I got a feeling Lions chances of doing it are small due to $ and that most people watching the game could probably go to the game.

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from Saints Media Dept on this one?

Hi guys,

Seeing the Lions v Saints game isn't on TV, I just wondering if anyone has any idea if the Saints are going to try to live stream it through their website.

I got a feeling Lions chances of doing it are small due to $ and that most people watching the game could probably go to the game.

Doubt we're streaming it.

Hi guys,

Don't think we've ever streamed anything live. Better chance of it being recorded and uploaded later.

Yeh cheers for the reply. Some clubs have in the past streamed non televised NEAFL or SANFL games so was just hoping somebody would set something up.

Fingers crossed!
Let us know if Brisbane do stream it and we'll get back to you vice versa.

Hi guys,

the only thing STREAMING will be the tears down your cheeks when we destroy your team.

now that ive got that bit of one eyed supporter chest puffing out of the way:p
I gotta admit I think your paddle pop lions might be the big Improvers this yr. Think Leppa has got over his teething problems as a new coach and has some pretty damn Impessive kids who can play exciting footy. Think you will be an entertaining team to watch the next few yrs.
But i still hope we destroy you:p:p
Good luck for 2015.

Yeh cheers for the reply. Some clubs have in the past streamed non televised NEAFL or SANFL games so was just hoping somebody would set something up.

Fingers crossed!
Doesn't look like there'll be a stream. Someone asked on Twitter:

@stkildafc: @Maanc0 Hi Matthew, AFL will do a highlights package but the game won't be streamed.

Hi guys,

Just came over to ask the same thing....see you got in first:thumbsu:

...as my hubby is a Saint, we are both interested in this game.....why the hell our game can't be televised like all the others is beyond us and very annoying.

All we can do I guess, is keep each others boards informed. Should be some of our guys going to the game, so probably/hopefully will be reports on Lions board..

cheers for an injury free game:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back