New posters, introduce yourselves here

Remove this Banner Ad

Any Hawks fans in the Philippines? I'm heading there for 8 months, will miss the entire season except the Easter monday game vs. the cats :(.

I'll be staying near Banaue, 9 hours north of Manila by bus, but I can get down to Manila for a couple of games (Would definitely try and make the effort for the GF, should we get there!)

So if anyone could let me know the normal haunts for Hawks supporters in Phils, I'd be most grateful :)

Any Hawks fans in the Philippines? I'm heading there for 8 months, will miss the entire season except the Easter monday game vs. the cats :(.

I'll be staying near Banaue, 9 hours north of Manila by bus, but I can get down to Manila for a couple of games (Would definitely try and make the effort for the GF, should we get there!)

So if anyone could let me know the normal haunts for Hawks supporters in Phils, I'd be most grateful :)

Manila_Hawk is one I can think of.

Thanks for that. I still haven't worked out to tag people yet... :confused:

All you do is put the @ sign in front of their user name like this, Happy_Hawker . As you start to type their name you will get a box with possible matches to choose from which lessens the chance of making a mistake with the name :)

Hello, I'm Cyril4Brownlow. I'm a two week newbie here. My loves include Cyril, Rioli and players picked with number 12 in the 2007 draft. My dislikes include people who think Cyril is overrated. I am a keen aficionado of the game, such that i have not missed a hawthorn game in 10 years.
Also, Sammy Mitchell is alright.

Hello, I'm Cyril4Brownlow. I'm a two week newbie here. My loves include Cyril, Rioli and players picked with number 12 in the 2007 draft. My dislikes include people who think Cyril is overrated. I am a keen aficionado of the game, such that i have not missed a hawthorn game in 10 years.
Also, Sammy Mitchell is alright.

Welcome aboard

Hello.

Hawthorn supporter since I was 5. Went to a Collingwood and Hawthorn game. Collingwood got thumped so Hawthorn it was from that day on!

Started going with mum in 1988-89 when I was 8 and 9 years old. First membership in 1990 and last in 2004 I think due to work commitments.

Love the Hawthorn footy club and its values. Spent some dark says out at Waverley in the 1990's with a strong distain for Essendon and St. Kilda fans who seem to think verbally abusing a 10yo boy is fun....

So happy at what they've achieved. I love this club!

Hello All,

Melbourne based supporter and lucky enough to see 8 of the 12 flags. I grew up in the outer east and remember going to many games at Waverley Park (VFL Park back then). Work and family commitments limit how many times I can get to the games now days, but when I do I always drop into the Crickets Arms to have a look at the mural of Dermie in the Beer garden.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi All

Hawks supporter from the age of 5 . Grew up in the outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne , now live out at Keilor. Not as many off us out that way.

Long time BF reader and thought I might get involved in some discussion . Love reading peoples analysis and opinions of the game . Just love footy and sport in general

Cheers

Hi everyone, new to BF :)
Have supported the Hawks my whole life; a gift from my Dad. He took me from country NSW to Melbourne by the train many times in the 80s and 90s, inc for the 91 premiership!
Currently living in Brisbane.
My love for HFC extends to the off field - am a big fan of our governance, list mgmt, succession planning, and alike.
Fingers crossed for 3 in a row hey!

Hi all.
I have been a Hawthorn fan for about 32yrs. I remember watching them play a GF in 1983 and my Dad had it on ABC out in Charleville, although he was only reading the paper. My parents divorced in '82 and I moved to Toowoomba. Been there ever since unfortunately.
I will never forget the old players like Johnny 'The Rat' Platten, Dermott Brereton, Tuck, Dipper, Dunstall, etc. A lot of great GF memories and some losses as well. The 1989 GF when senior nearly took the GF off us single handedly. Under the modern rules, he probably would of succeeded, as we were guilty many times of diving on the ball in a ruck situation. You will notice I am not big into the intricacies of AFL. I just love watching the game.

Hey everyone!
New to BF, only joined a couple hours ago.

I consider myself a passionate, so called one-eyed Hawks supporter from Tasmania. My father, his father, his father's father.. well you get the point, Hawthorn is in our genes.

I'm very grateful to follow this football club and to be born in this era, where we are undoubtedly the most successful team. I would have loved to see the 80's!

I was always a massive fan of Shane Crawford and Richie Vandenberg. After they retired, Ben McGlynn was my favourite. After he left, Shane Savage. I don't know why but #21 seems to be my favourite Guernsey so I'm eagerly waiting for James Scicily to cement his spot in the team!

Here's to a historic three peat!

Hi there,

Been a long time haunter of these forums and figured I should roll the dice and create an account.

Been a massive Hawks fan for years and currently have about 5 guernseys that i am hoping to add a few more to. I have the 2013, 2014, 2014 back to back, 2014 premiership and the Hodge commemorative one.

Hi there,

Been a long time haunter of these forums and figured I should roll the dice and create an account.

Been a massive Hawks fan for years and currently have about 5 guernseys that i am hoping to add a few more to. I have the 2013, 2014, 2014 back to back, 2014 premiership and the Hodge commemorative one.

Welcome. I am new here as well. :)

Hey all.

Long time lurker, few random posts here and there, but don't think I've done the introduction thing.

Hawks supporter since the early 80s, born and raised in Melbourne but moved to the UK just before the start of the season this year for 2 years. It's a real struggle being out of the footy hub of Melbourne with very little to no coverage over here, but I've got myself an AFL Live pass and Hawks digital membership (surprisingly reasonably priced!) and have missed a game yet....the 5am starts aren't fun but it's always worth it.

Hi All, I'm a long time Hawks fan and occasional reader of Bigfooty. Don't get along to many games anymore as I live in North Queensland but I love the banter on the Hawks Bigfooty forum and look forward to joining in. Cheers Silver Hawk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back