Teams New York Giants - The G-Men

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance of Nassib seeing any playing time the next two weeks? It might be counter productive behind your O-line (believe me, i know about O-line problems) but week 17 against the Redskins seems like a good chance.
I ask because, um, a friend of mine, yeah that's it, owns him in a Dynasty League....

Doubt it, Eli hasn't earned the rest. But might give us a better draft pick to throw Nassib in if we can lose against the Skins.

According to the New York Daily News, there are "some people" who think David Wilson (neck) should never play football again.

Wilson has a herniated disc in his neck and spinal stenosis. He's determined to get back on the field, but finding a doctor to clear him could be another story. Wilson is going to have to be patient, let his neck heal with time and then start thinking about football again. He remains a hold in Dynasty formats just in case his elite natural talent ever bubbles to the top.

Pele claims he turned down job as kicker for NY Giants

The three-time World Cup winner told ESPN Brazil that he 'did well' in a few tryouts and could have played in the NFL after retiring from soccer with the New York Cosmos.

By Jaime Uribarri / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Published: Friday, January 31, 2014, 2:08 PM

pele-empire-state-building.jpg

Soccer icon Pele says he could have become a two-sport athlete by playing in the NFL with the Giants.

Football can't compete with futbol as far as Pele is concerned.

The Brazilian soccer legend claims he turned down a career in the NFL with the Giants, who he says wanted him to be their kicker after he “did well” in a few tryouts.

Without going into specifics about when the offer was made, the three-time World Cup winner told ESPN Brazil that the possibility to become a two-sport superstar arose sometime after Pele retired from soccer with the New York Cosmos in 1977.

peleweb1s-1-web.jpg

Pele ends his legendary career in the United States with the New York Cosmos.

Then again, this may be another example of Pele stretching the truth for his own sake.

The 73-year-old famously claims to have amassed 1,283 goals in his career, although only 757 of those were scored in official games. The remaining tallies came in exhibition games, many of them against amateur teams. Some even accuse “O Rei” of counting goals he scored in training scrimmages.

What's beyond debate is that signing the world's most famous athlete would have generated plenty of publicity for a Giants team that had very little going for it in the late '70s.

But even though place-kicking “wasn’t too hard” for him, Pele says he wasn’t interested in the job.

Having read that article just underlines one thing about Pele.. self righteous / just another narcissistic individual that craves attention.. who the F**** counts goals in training sessions??

W@nker.

Should be interesting to see how Eli goes without Gilbride this upcoming season. What do people think?

Should be interesting to see how Eli goes without Gilbride this upcoming season. What do people think?

I am glad that we will get something new in the coaching staff, to change is to improve, last year was not great and maybe we have gotten a bit stale

I am glad that we will get something new in the coaching staff, to change is to improve, last year was not great and maybe we have gotten a bit stale
A running game would probably help too.

Here's hoping Eli can be way more consistant. I know that it is part of a being a Giants fan that you have the unbelievable plays in the fourth quarter to win the game, followed by a six interception game the next week. However, be nice if the mountain tops weren't quite so high, and the valleys weren't so low :).

I'm surprised that Tuck and Nicks are moving to other teams; especially Nicks who was a crucial part of the receiving corps in years past.

Somewhat surprised Snee is staying, but that was a massive pay cut!

The new running back corps should be interesting to watch. Will hopefully take some of the pressure off Manning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who are the ins and outs?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
Check it out here: http://www.nfl.com/freeagency

There haven't been any huge move from the Giants, except for Tuck going to Oakland and Nicks to the Colts.

The interesting thing is who is still unsigned. There is quite a bit of experience there, and good players when things are going well. Missing out on playoffs for last two years is going to force the hand of the recruiters though. Might be good to get some new guys in.

On one hand I'm sad tuck is leaving but really it felt like he was done, good on him for getting his money from someone willing to pay him. Glad the giants didn't, would not live up to his contract

I am liking the Giants shoring up the secondary. I think that has been an area of need. Was surprised to see a name like Rogers-Cromartie in the mix!

I am liking the Giants shoring up the secondary. I think that has been an area of need. Was surprised to see a name like Rogers-Cromartie in the mix!

i really thought this wouldn't happen, when was the last time we had a big name free-agent, i can't even remember

i really thought this wouldn't happen, when was the last time we had a big name free-agent, i can't even remember
I can't either. The Giants always seem to be 'team first', so don't put all their eggs in the basket of one star.

That's more how the Jets roll.

Impressed with how you guys have shored up that secondary. Rogers-Cromartie, Thurmond, Rolle, Amukamara, Brown. Looks a lot stronger then it has previously.

With Tuck leaving, do you expect Moore to get a bigger role next season? I'm surprised he wasn't used, was impressed with his special teams play!

Impressed with how you guys have shored up that secondary. Rogers-Cromartie, Thurmond, Rolle, Amukamara, Brown. Looks a lot stronger then it has previously.

With Tuck leaving, do you expect Moore to get a bigger role next season? I'm surprised he wasn't used, was impressed with his special teams play!
Tuck was always unquestionable in the position.

I don't know about Moore, but he is right behind Tuck in the depth chart. The coaches may want to provide Moore with a backup, or a replacement for Tuck with Moore continuing to back up.

Tuck was always unquestionable in the position.

I don't know about Moore, but he is right behind Tuck in the depth chart. The coaches may want to provide Moore with a backup, or a replacement for Tuck with Moore continuing to back up.
Tuck was vastly less efficient in the last two years. I love the idea of Moore getting more time. I'm not sure if he's the definite answer but he's got the talent to deserve a shot.

Hated Joseph leaving though...

Hmmmmmmmmmm

ESPN's Dan Graziano reports the Giants have concerns Eli Manning is entering the declining stage of his career.

Per Graziano, it's part of the reason why the Giants decided not to extend Manning's contract this offseason, which would have provided significant salary cap relief. The Giants are hoping that Manning is reenergized by the arrival of OC Ben McAdoo, but there's no guarantee he can rebound from the regression he showed in 2013. The Giants lost Hakeem Nicks and failed to upgrade at wide receiver or tight end in free agency, so Manning will be working with mostly the same supporting cast as last year. Manning recently underwent ankle surgery, but is expected to be ready for training camp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back