music_2000

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2005
western sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, wanderers. NY giants
don't know if I have posted this before. apologies if I have. is it true that it is near impossible to get NFL tickets in the USA. I mean look the USA has 250million people with 30 or so teams in the NFL and each stadium holding around 100 000 (these are all estimates) and with more than half the population avid NFL fans this means that everyone wahts to go to games all the time. true?

in Aus our AFL regularly pulls 50 000+ crowds for a couuntry with 20 million people so thats really promising

Re: tickets

Nah mate its quite easy to get tickets to NFL games.

I was in Hawaii for the Pro Bowl this year and purchased 2 lower deck tickets (10 yard line) for $90USD each. Aloha Stadium holds 50,000 and sells out every year but I just kept an eye out on when tickets would be available to the public and bought online.

Regular season game tickets usually go on sale around June-July. Maybe send an email to the team(s) you are planning to see. Tell them you are from Australia and ask when tickets are on sale or other means in which they can assist you.

When it comes to purchasing Superbowl tickets, that's a different story. Nearly impossible to acquire unless you have thousands to spend.

It is possible to get tickets. We paid just over a grand to see the AFC championship game this year from some ticket company in the states on the net.Most teams set aside a limited amount of tickets for each game and yeah they usually go on sale around June/July.

runmachine said:
It is possible to get tickets. We paid just over a grand to see the AFC championship game this year from some ticket company in the states on the net.Most teams set aside a limited amount of tickets for each game and yeah they usually go on sale around June/July.

I also noticed you can snare them on eBay these days. At half the cost. Seat location is noted.

I have been to several Bengal games and never had a problem getting tickets, though I have friends there who usually get them for me. I am moving to Atlanta in July and would like to get a season ticket for the Falcons. However, from what I understand season tickets in the States are not like season memberships here where it works out cheaper. Season tickets are much more expensive.

It is virtually impossible to get tickets to see some teams.

Washington Redskins, San Francisco 49ers, New York Giants and New England Patriots are traditionally very tough tickets. The Niners might be
a bit easier atm with the team struggling. Green Bay Packer tickets are only available to Wisconsin residents.

There are plenty of teams that rarely sell out their games though. I suppose if you don't mind paying 2 to 3 times the face value of a ticket then there are always scalpers, ticket agencies or e-bay.

music_2000 said:
and each stadium holding around 100 000 (these are all estimates)

Most of the NFL stadiums are actually quite a bit smaller in capacity than their college football stadiums. They cram over 100k into several college stadiums, but the largest NFL stadium is FedEx Field, the Redskins' stadium, at about 91,000. Majority of the others seat in the 60-70 thousand range.

I've been to a Few Minnesota Vikings games. Best is to geth them outside the stadium or if your real concerned go to www.ticketcity.com Altough you will pay a higher premium they are pretty competitive.

Meshugeh said:

Washington Redskins, San Francisco 49ers, New York Giants and New England Patriots are traditionally very tough tickets. The Niners might be
a bit easier atm with the team struggling. Green Bay Packer tickets are only available to Wisconsin residents.

There are plenty of teams that rarely sell out their games though. I suppose if you don't mind paying 2 to 3 times the face value of a ticket then there are always scalpers, ticket agencies or e-bay.

Yup, that pretty much fits. The Eagles have been tough, but with the slide last year, tickets at the end of the season were easily available. Depends on who you want to see. As others have suggested, contact the teams directly early on and see if they can hel out. If not, one ticket agency that does NFL is StubHub (think it is www.stubhub.com ). Packers are damn near impossible, but do you want to freeze your butt off in November or December?

Cowboys can be tough, and will likely be so this year with TO in tow....

One thing worth checking out is college ball- if you're in an NFL city, you are likely near a big college programme. They usually play Saturdays, and unless you get a huge rivalry game (USC v UCLA, Texas v Oklahoma or Ohio State v Michigan, you are likely going to find tickets- and the quality is quite good.....

Just a thought....

Meshugeh said:

Believe me, it was easy to get 49er tickets last year. We desperately need a new stadium. I also have gotten Chargers, Seahawks, Broncos, Raiders and Cardinal tickets without too much hassel. Some of the east coast and midwest teams get tough. I couldn't get a ticket without handing over my leg for a Bears ticket !!

nfl tickets...pls help

I’m flying out to the USA on 17th September and I'd like to purchase a ticket for the following NFL games

Seahawks vs. Saints (Oct 14th, 2007) Seahawks vs. Rams (Oct 21st, 2007) My flight from Australia leaves on September 17th. If I purchased the tickets via Razorgator or Stubhub would they reach me in Australia before 17/09/07? Some tickets indicate they will "ship in August
I will be backpacking up the West Coast staying at various Hostels and will have no fixed shipping address while in the United States.

I also don't feel comfortable having expensive tickets being delivered to a Backpacking Hostel, therefore my preferred option is to have the tickets in hand before I leave.

This is the responses I’ve been receiving from the ticket outlets.

We are able to ship to you in Australia, however, tickets usually ship anywhere within a 1-2 week window before the game. Please try to confirm a solid delivery address before ordering, and keep in mind that a signature is required upon arrival of package"
Thank you
Client Services
RazorGator, Inc
http://www.razorgator.com

Any suggestions on what I should do? Should I purchase the tickets and hope they arrive before I leave on Sept 17th? Or should I just hope these games aren't sold out when I get to Seattle? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: nfl tickets...pls help

Usually the ticket agent have a preferred pick up point/agent in the city where the games are being played.

You can always get them sent to a post office for collection as well, I have done this in the past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Brasher. I thought of shipping the tickets to a PO Box in the US, until I got this message
“We use Federal Express to ship all packages. This allows us to track your package at every stage during the shipping process. However, FedEx delivers only to business and residential addresses, and not to P.O. boxes"

The few times I've used Stub Hub I've been in the same situation as you not knowing what city or address I'll be at when the tickets are posted, so I've always used the pick up points. In Miami the pick up point was close to the arena, but in Atlanta, it was a 15 min drive away (probably cos it was a Georgia Tech game. The office was close to Phillips Arena and the Georgia Dome)

buying tickets

anyone here been to a game recently? i'll be in the states in december but their ticketing system confuses the **** out of me.

how did you go about obtaining tickets?

thanks.

Re: buying tickets

try the club of the game/s you wanna go to.

most of the stadiums used for NFL are controlled by the club's, and you should be able to get tickets through them.

Tickets are nto cheap either. a one match ticket at Dolphins stadium is $120 for a standard seat.

Re: buying tickets

anyone here been to a game recently? i'll be in the states in december but their ticketing system confuses the **** out of me.

how did you go about obtaining tickets?

thanks.

Resident NFL BF poster, Neddy36, is in the USA atm and has already attended a couple games. Send him a PM to get his first hand advice. Thanx for stopping by Henry_Hill. Check out Neddy's pics from his NFL experience Game thread. Feel free to come back an addict of our NFL boards. :thumbsu:

Playoffs Tickets

I am planning to be in Denver for the first week of January 2009, which of course is wildcard weekend.

Of course, winning the AFC West is definitely no certainty from here on in, as better Bronco teams have missed the playoffs from similar situations, but at this stage a playoff game at Invesco Field is looking a possibility that week.

Does anyone know if/how you can purchase playoff tickets and when they would become available.

I know that in Denver it would be very difficult to get tickets but I know at least two people in the states that possibly could make it happen.

Cheers

Re: Playoffs Tickets

Does anyone know if/how you can purchase playoff tickets and when they would become available.

I know that in Denver it would be very difficult to get tickets but I know at least two people in the states that possibly could make it happen.

Cheers

Good on you Jem. Just let you know that another BF Bronco fan, RunningMachine, got tickets to the ill-fated Broncos home Conf Chmp'ship game of the 2005 season (2006 play-offs) in the nose-bleed section without much trouble. Feel free to ask about the opponents on the day. Dare ya. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back