Non-lions discussion 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Broncos mus be on
Already had a mate who is a long term Broncos member saying that he would like to go to a Lions game, would never of thought I would hear him say that.
He might not be the only one.
Broncos fans finally get to go to a game with a limit of 10,000. Of course Titans fans can also attend.
But the recorded crowd number was only 6,262.

That is a horrible crowd number for the main sporting code in Queensland
Just checked their paid membership numbers for this year is 27,463
Titans membership is 7,836
It is not even a cold wet night

I am still very comfortable with Rayner over Brayshaw.

Brayshaw is super vanilla. I’ll take the upside and the x-factor.
I’d take Rayner over all in his draft class other than maybe Stephenson?
And even then, imo Rayner will be better long term.

Will never understand bandwagon supporters that jump ship when times are tough.

Same, but they are welcome to give the Lions their bandwagon dollars.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The sad part is that the Lions could win by 129 points tomorrow and Monday's CM will still fill it's first 6 back pages with NRL coverage and wailing and gnashing of teeth over the Broncos.

Today's edition even had its Editorial column devoted to the Broncos

"Broncos need win to rally their fans!!!"

.................and they didn't

What I find most galling is that the two page AFL spread 8 pages back is usually dominated by one HUGE photo of some random piece of play that has very little, if anything to do with with the outcome of a Lions match. nor indeed of any match

The sad part is that the Lions could win by 129 points tomorrow and Monday's CM will still fill it's first 6 back pages with NRL coverage and wailing and gnashing of teeth over the Broncos.

Today's edition even had its Editorial column devoted to the Broncos

"Broncos need win to rally their fans!!!"

.................and they didn't

What I find most galling is that the two page AFL spread 8 pages back is usually dominated by one HUGE photo of some random piece of play that has very little, if anything to do with with the outcome of a Lions match. nor indeed of any match

Print media is a lame duck anyway.

I will say, as much as I dislike Collingwood, they are a very organised team that is hard to break down; a lot of credit goes to Buckley, which pains me saying.

Pendlebury also looks bloody good too, a taller Simon Black, albeit not as accomplished.

No disputing that the Pies are one of the better teams of the competition but it just gets my goat when Collingwood or not the media commentary shows a clear bias towards a Vic team

Anyone care to enlighten me why Gold Coast are deserving of more concessions in this upcoming draft?
Hard to make that argument now isn't it?

As Clint Eastwood said in Unforgiven, "Deserve don't come into it", they are allocated.

Suddenly their list is looking really good.

Surely the AFL can withdraw them.

Glad they are doing well but their concessions were very generous.

I struggle to see how they are going to keep them all together from a financial perspective, guess they'll need to keep being gifted elite prospects every year to sustain

I struggle to see how they are going to keep them all together from a financial perspective, guess they'll need to keep being gifted elite prospects every year to sustain
They've got the GWS model to follow now... develop the kids well, keep them for a second contract but trade them under contract if they want to do, and you can get first round picks for them back.

The old GC didn't develop the kids, held guys on who wanted out to lose them for less, and basically torpedoed any sustainability.

Hard to make that argument now isn't it?

As Clint Eastwood said in Unforgiven, "Deserve don't come into it", they are allocated.

Suddenly their list is looking really good.

Surely the AFL can withdraw them.

Glad they are doing well but their concessions were very generous.
I think one pick was traded ... so no. But their list is only looking so good because they made good draft picks, whereas in the past they screwed the pooch

They've got the GWS model to follow now... develop the kids well, keep them for a second contract but trade them under contract if they want to do, and you can get first round picks for them back.

The old GC didn't develop the kids, held guys on who wanted out to lose them for less, and basically torpedoed any sustainability.
We just started being done with GWS equalizing out of their draft advantage because of that and now suns going going to be same then, if they are developing them now and the culture is improved let that stand on its own as a reason to play for the suns imo. Not a fair comp though and this is just one of the reasons, at least they're entertaining to watch atm.

What did you's think about Squizzy's game.
Until I saw him which was close to the end of the second quarter I had temporarily forgotten that he joined Sydney.
Really struggling to get into games and when he did last night , he made errors.
Like the other game a few weeks back when he missed a sitter.
Always was one of my faves, also looks too solid for his size.

Saw Lewy stick a couple of tackles which was something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back