Non-Lions Footy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, those Adelaide supporters are confident Aish is coming back home :drunk:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/james-aish.1070964/

There's an enormous dissonance out there between the traditional-state supporters who argue that there's no such thing as the go-home factor, and those who gleefully look forward to the players they'll get for peanuts through the go-home factor.

I suspect there's a remarkable number of people who somehow fall into both camps, depending on what they're talking about in a given thread.

Haha at the tosser on the Crows saying we brought it on ourselves by taking Aish and that we should basically just take the best Queenslanders available at any particular pick regardless of their worth. Will probably argue another day that we don't need any sort of retention assistance as well without seeing the hypocrisy.

Leigh was right, the people in footy states think they get it. But they don't.

On a side note I love how many Adelaide fans still resent us for not paying overs for Tippett and not bailing them out of the mess they created. Some breathtaking blame shifting there. The pick 8 we offered them was an absolute gift.

Last edited:
On aside note I love how many Adelaide fans still resent us for not paying overs for Tippett and not bailing them out of the mess they created. Some breathtaking blame shifting there. The pick 8 we offered them was an absolute gift.
It is astounding to think that Trigg was fully aware of the sketchiness of the deal in place, knew that Tippett wanted out, and yet still demanded a better deal.

They got what they deserved.

On a side note I love how many Adelaide fans still resent us for not paying overs for Tippett and not bailing them out of the mess they created. Some breathtaking blame shifting there. The pick 8 we offered them was an absolute gift.

I like how they feel as though we lost as much as them on that deal.

Result of Adelaide rejecting pick 12 for Tippett:
Adelaide lost pick 12 (2011), pick 20 (2012), pick 53 (2012), pick 8 (2013), pick 30 (2013), Kurt Tippett

The Brazillian amongst others
That wouldn't be a huge surprise.
Nafan doesn't really seem like a people person(not that I'd know).

Not sure where Collingwood are going, either. They're apparently rebuilding, but should they be in this position?
Probably depends whether they decided to go with a short or long term rebuild after Mick left. If it was the former, they've miscalculated.

Can anyone explain this?

1908030_714893841892150_7840416313133132453_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"COLLINGWOOD president Eddie McGuire has slammed the AFL over a decision that he says would see premiership captain Nick Maxwell do a lap of honour in front of “no one” at the MCG."

Sounds like a fitting tribute for a defender who made a career out of playing on "no one".

"There is a very simple solution for this: butt out and let the Collingwood premiership captain do a lap of honour in front of the supporters and give them something to cheer about."

Wouldn't be an Eddie comment without a lie to peddle his agenda. Quite sure the AFL isn't stopping him doing the lap of honour.

Apparently Collingwood being able to exploit the Maxwell retirement for commercial gain would be "giving footy back to the people".

LMAO.

The sanctimonious old windbag isn't even trying to make sense anymore.

It's worse than we thought - Collingwood also explored having Maxwell do his lap of honour in an Emirates jet but it was knocked back because Virgin sponsors the AFL. :(

Ultimately they found a vehicle that both Collingwood and the AFL could agree on.

"COLLINGWOOD president Eddie McGuire has slammed the AFL over a decision that he says would see premiership captain Nick Maxwell do a lap of honour in front of “no one” at the MCG."

Sounds like a fitting tribute for a defender who made a career out of playing on "no one".

Can't say I've ever got Maxwell. Downhill skier with limited ability who got away with it.

Nice back hander by Marc Murphy into Crowleys' stomach when he wasn't expecting it. Exactly what Rocky got suspended for - so i expect nothing less than a week for Murphy but if i am being realistic i expect the clowns who are the MRP won't even look at it or will just dismiss it. They have embarrassed themselves by the suspensions they have given Rocky and Goddard this year and let so many other incidents which were exactly the same go without punishment. For what's it worth i don't think Murphy should get suspended just like Rockliff never should have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back