Non-Lions Footy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothing was wrong with anything you said, save for one five letter word in your post.;)
I love versing

Rubens-Peter-Paul-1577-1640-Man-With-Lute-ca-1610-Musee-des-Beaux-Arts-Troyes-403x400.jpg

Melbourne re-sign Terlich, Riley and Bail. Cleanout? What cleanout?
I suppose they can't delist everyone, but Bail... really?

So Patty K fails to crack a game this year even with the injuries the Wobbles have. Not a good omen.
His football isn't the issue. It's his fitness that Bucks has a question mark over. Has had to overcome seven weeks worth of injuries this season and didn't even have a pre-season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His football isn't the issue. It's his fitness that Bucks has a question mark over. Has had to overcome seven weeks worth of injuries this season and didn't even have a pre-season.
Jeez, things are bad when you stand out as an abnormally high risk of injury playing for collingwood at the moment.

I read that it was also because he still hasn't developed his defensive game.
Doubt it. McRae makes mention of that kind of stuff in his VFL reports. Both PK and Martin had similar reviews. Both missed out.

I'm more surprised that with only 26 players fit, that Kyle Martin was the one that got left out of the 25. I've seen him dominate a few times at VFL level, and his stats look very good.
Funny seeing Collingwood fans go ape shhhhhhhh on their board/club pages on FB. Reminds me of some of our supporters last season. (me)

Freo vs. Port too with the winner getting top 4.

Only match that doesn't have significant ramifications on top 8 positioning would be NM/Melb and GWS/WB.

Coll/Haw - Collingwood can make the 8 if Richmond lose
Freo/Port - top 4 up for grabs
Ess/Carl - Ess could drop down to 8 with a loss and have to travel to Perth/Adelaide
Syd/Rich - Richmond can wrap up 8th with a win
Geel/Bris - a loss could see Geelong could drop to fourth and face Sydney away in the semis if Freo get up
GC/WC - WC can make the 8 if Richmond and Collingwood lose as expected
Adel/GC StK - Adelaide can make the 8 if Richmond, Collingwood and WC lose

Last edited:
Adel/GC - Adelaide can make the 8 if Richmond, Collingwood and WC lose

St Kilda are tanking so badly that the AFL have scheduled the Gold Coast reserve team to take their place :(

Freo vs. Port too with the winner getting top 4.

Only match that doesn't have significant ramifications on top 8 positioning would be NM/Melb and GWS/WB.

Coll/Haw - Collingwood can make the 8 if Richmond lose
Freo/Port - top 4 up for grabs
Ess/Carl - Ess could drop down to 8 with a loss and have to travel to Perth/Adelaide
Syd/Rich - Richmond can wrap up 8th with a win
Geel/Bris - a loss could see Geelong could drop to fourth and face Sydney away in the semis if Freo get up
Adel/GC StK - Adelaide can make the 8 if Richmond, Collingwood and WC lose

Thanks for putting this together - I knew there was a lot at stake this round but you mapping it out makes it easy to see! :)

CARLTON’S hopes of keeping Jarrad Waite are slipping away as he considers following the path blazed by Norm Smith medallist Brian Lake. Waite, 31, is being lured by rivals, including North Melbourne, which has offered the big forward a one-year deal with a 16-game trigger clause for a second year. But while the Blues had been optimistic Waite’s decision to put off contract talks was just to consider his options, hopes are fading. Waite is believed to be seriously considering kickstarting his career elsewhere, as former Western Bulldog Lake, now 32, did at Hawthorn last year. The Roos are understood to be one of at least two clubs that have tabled offers for Waite.

The Blues would receive no free-agency compensation for Waite, but are likely to secure Shaun Higgins as a free agent when he leaves the Western Bulldogs.

Carlton's recruiting is recent years, particularly the free agents it has procured is baffling. Thomas and now possibly Higgins.:confused:

As for Waite, I'm surprised anyone would be interested. I'm lost on both counts.

The best part of that article is that Waite clearly doesn't see the challenging for finals in the next 2 years. No surprise to most of us but still nice to see it coming from within Carlton itself

Carlton's recruiting is recent years, particularly the free agents it has procured is baffling. Thomas and now possibly Higgins.:confused:

As for Waite, I'm surprised anyone would be interested. I'm lost on both counts.

I'm not as surprised. I reckon Waite would make a very damaging second forward. He's more an athletic, leaping type than a packcrashing number one.

Greg Denham reckons the Roos are interested, but I think he'd find life tough at the Roos, with Petrie's decline and a midfield whose forward entries can be a bit sloppy.

But at somewhere like Geelong or Freo, even maybe Richmond, I reckon he'd thrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back