Non-Lions Footy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rebecca Wilson seems to think there are.
I've seen rumours floating around about a certain Broncos/QLD legend being somehow involved(not hard to work out who those rumours are referring to). I think there were a few about this player a few years ago as well. No idea whether they're accurate.
But it's the Broncos, get the broom out anyway.

Pfft i remember seeing an astonishing number of very questionable substances being ingested in several ways by large numbers of players regularly on my visits to city rowers. Nothing new here
Kirov isn't technically illegal though.

For Bris-vegans this can hardly come as a shock though, surely? I've spent 3 of the last 20 years in Brissy, and a total of maaaybe 50 nights "out on the town" during which I've seen incidentally 8 Maroons snorting white powder on 4 different occasions. I just assumed it was one of those "turn a blind eye' things because they sure as hell were a lot more obvious about it than most everyone else. That being the case, I'm wondering what prompted police to make the exception here...? Someone neglect to grease the appropriate wheels?

Apart from that, a distant relative who is a former Broncos premiership player and more recent Broncos senior administrator, wife beater (and all round good guy...) quite openly admits to the party lifestyle to anyone who'll listen. So, ermmm, yeah...? Queenslander...!?...

Last edited:
For Bris-vegans this can hardly come as a shock though, surely? I've spent 3 of the last 20 years in Brissy, and a total of maaaybe 50 nights "out on the town" during which I've seen incidentally 8 Maroons snorting white powder on 4 different occasions. I just assumed it was one of those "turn a blind eye' things because they sure as hell were a lot more obvious about it than most everyone else. That being the case, I'm wondering what prompted police to make the exception here...? Someone neglect to grease the appropriate wheels?
I read somewhere they were after big fish but the sprats got caught in the same net.

Apart from that, a distant relative who is a former Broncos premiership player and more recent Broncos senior administrator, wife beater (and all round good guy...) quite openly admits to the party lifestyle to anyone who'll listen. So, ermmm, yeah...? Queenslander...!?...
I think John is spot on. After a trafficking syndicate, not users, but hard to let them slide without looking corrupt when it comes out that they were buying. Interesting though that most are charged with supply, rather than possession. Why make a point that they were sharing? Perhaps that's the get out of jail card. Harder to prove they supplied, so the cops look like they took action, but the players get off easily.

The suns management will undoubtedly be in two trains of thought at the moment. First is I'm sure they're a bit nervous as to whether any of their players may be dragged into the whole drug mess, but I bet they're doing cartwheels at the Titans continued ability to shoot themselves in the foot. Massive free kick to them down there if come out of this with their noses clean.

You spend a few nights out at the right places in any city with an AFL team and you will see this sort of thing happening. I've definitely seen a bit of it around Melbourne. I assume its the same with all sports all over the world to be honest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The suns management will undoubtedly be in two trains of thought at the moment. First is I'm sure they're a bit nervous as to whether any of their players may be dragged into the whole drug mess, but I bet they're doing cartwheels at the Titans continued ability to shoot themselves in the foot. Massive free kick to them down there if come out of this with their noses clean.

iseewhatyoudidthere.jpeg

In my experience, the prevalence of use of cocaine is directly linked to the earning capacity of a cohort of people. Plenty of lawyers at top tier firms use cocaine regularly. No reason to think a professional football club will be better or worse. At a local footy club whose players are tradies, labourers etc, their drug use is more likely to be limited by their capacity to pay, hence (in my experience anyway), more people regularly using marijuana or ecstasy.

In my experience, the prevalence of use of cocaine is directly linked to the earning capacity of a cohort of people. Plenty of lawyers at top tier firms use cocaine regularly. No reason to think a professional football club will be better or worse. At a local footy club whose players are tradies, labourers etc, their drug use is more likely to be limited by their capacity to pay, hence (in my experience anyway), more people regularly using marijuana or ecstasy.
So you are saying that during the building boom all the tradies were snorting their heads off and during the recent mining boom all the miners were shooting heroin through the eye.

So you are saying that during the building boom all the tradies were snorting their heads off and during the recent mining boom all the miners were shooting heroin through the eye.
Yes. Yes I am.

Just looking at recent invoices from my electrician and plumber,I'd say they would be doing a fair bit of coke.
And I bet they didnt show up on time either, why do you think that was?

Correct, off their faces.

Just looking at recent invoices from my electrician and plumber,I'd say they would be doing a fair bit of coke.
Mate I wish!! Our hourly rate, especially in the domestic field, has to cover the time we are unable to charge for, such as travel to and from jobs, book work and stuff like this.
For a 40hr week, on average I am able to charge for 25hrs worth of work.

Anyway sorry to derail the thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back