Non-Lions Footy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man that was good. High scoring footy is a beautiful thing!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jed may get a chance at the bullies now, another expericenced head would be as good replacement as you could hope for for Bob Murphy in that backline. Would love to see him come in and do well!

Dogs are one or two injuries away from falling away IMO. Without the likes of M.Boyd, Picken, Murphy running off the HBF they are an average side IMO. Still young and exciting though. Really wish we got some experienced HBFers though... would help us tremendously in our game style we try to play. Can't do much when Harwood, Mayes or Cutler are turning it over or panicking every second time they get the ball.

Dogs are one or two injuries away from falling away IMO. Without the likes of M.Boyd, Picken, Murphy running off the HBF they are an average side IMO. Still young and exciting though. Really wish we got some experienced HBFers though... would help us tremendously in our game style we try to play. Can't do much when Harwood, Mayes or Cutler are turning it over or panicking every second time they get the ball.

That's the biggest thing for me, quailty users in the backline. We had Culter who turned it over 4 times in a row in a passage of play, of which 3 of them resulted in behinds or scoring shots for Geelong. I get that Leppa is encouraging them to play attacking footy, but surely common sense should come into play. When you are outnumbered at a contest 60 metres out, take the shorter, easier, but safer option and maintain possession. Frustrating to watch to say the least

That's the biggest thing for me, quailty users in the backline. We had Culter who turned it over 4 times in a row in a passage of play, of which 3 of them resulted in behinds or scoring shots for Geelong. I get that Leppa is encouraging them to play attacking footy, but surely common sense should come into play. When you are outnumbered at a contest 60 metres out, take the shorter, easier, but safer option and maintain possession. Frustrating to watch to say the least
Case in point is Hawthorn. If they sense there are no options ahead they go back and sideways until someone is freed up. But players ahead must run to find space, not just stand their ground for the inevitable up and under.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back