Non-Lions Footy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for Essendon

Good to see them sticking together

They got themselves into this s**t but they'll get themselves out of it which is good to see
Yes they'll be back to mediocrity in no time

Yes they'll be back to mediocrity in no time

Actually that's another thing.

In terms of development this year is invaluable. You get 22 games into your young players, uncover a few gems, have a few B graders step up (Zach Merrett and Zaharakis) and then grab an early pick at the end of the year

Assuming Essendon re-sign all of their players and keep their good topups I could genuinely see them as a top 4 threat next year. Especially if they have someone step up in that forward line as the season progresses.

They're set for a good run at it now, and also have a head start on the eventual rebuild when the 3 H's and co retire.

Good times at Essendon coming up I reckon.

So Freo really did play their way out of him... ouch

It'll be interesting to see if Cam McCarthy's level of homesickness at all correlates to Freo's form.

I can't believe anyone thought the Lions were remotely a chance of picking up Hooker.

There's an off-colour joke in there somewhere.

From an article on Freo's efforts to pick up senior players:

The Dockers did land midfielder Harley Bennell in a trade last year but he has been sidelined for the first half of the season with a calf problem. They have been successful in free agency in recruiting Danyle Pearce, but Colin Sylvia's recruitment was a failure.
The Dockers also secured former Bomber Scott Gumbleton via a trade but he did not play a game for Fremantle after injuries forced him into retirement.

It's fair to say they have battled.

Admittedly our sides and salary caps are at different points in the cycle, but our recent recruitment (Beams, Christensen, Robinson, Bell, Walker, Bastinac) looks impressive by comparison.

From an article on Freo's efforts to pick up senior players:

It's fair to say they have battled.

Admittedly our sides and salary caps are at different points in the cycle, but our recent recruitment (Beams, Christensen, Robinson, Bell, Walker, Bastinac) looks impressive by comparison.
Worth considering their failed efforts to recruit as well (T. Cloke, Frawley, Clark, Hooker)

Worth considering their failed efforts to recruit as well (T. Cloke, Frawley, Clark, Hooker)

Yeah, that's what I was trying to get at. Freo seem to have swung for the fence before recruiting what were clearly the last players left on the table (Gumbleton and Sylvia come to mind). Other than Beams who is an unquestionable star, I think we've done a pretty smart job of bringing in useful senior players at not too much cost.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to get at. Freo seem to have swung for the fence before recruiting what were clearly the last players left on the table (Gumbleton and Sylvia come to mind). Other than Beams who is an unquestionable star, I think we've done a pretty smart job of bringing in useful senior players at not too much cost.
too be fair they were in pole position to get Clark, which more likely than not would have secured them a flag (assuming if he went back home he wouldnt have faced the mental health issues), but instead decided to get greedy and offer subpar picks and offers to get it over the line, great trading again by Freo

too be fair they were in pole position to get Clark, which more likely than not would have secured them a flag (assuming if he went back home he wouldnt have faced the mental health issues), but instead decided to get greedy and offer subpar picks and offers to get it over the line, great trading again by Freo
Bit of a stretch there. Besides his mental battles Clark's body hasn't held up at all in recent years. In fact his near AA season in '09 was probably the only year he hasn't been struck down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, and I realise this upcoming statementioned is outlandish and likely to bring ridicule... If Kepler Bradley was fit, the Dockers win the 2013 flag. They just needed a fit, tall body to present and create a contest and take some heat off Pav in that game. Bradley had developed to that, and was at his peak in that role in 2012 and 2013.

So, a fit Mitch Clark would have been a premiership player at Freo, if he chose that trade and remained fit in mind and body.

Petracca to make his debut this weekend for the Demons against the club that overlooked him the Saints. He could be the player to take the Dee's up a notch. Is seriously talented and has worked his way in with dominant VFL form.

Petracca to make his debut this weekend for the Demons against the club that overlooked him the Saints. He could be the player to take the Dee's up a notch. Is seriously talented and has worked his way in with dominant VFL form.

And 100,000 supercoach players said about bloody time.:D

Aish needs to be de-Brisbanised apparently.

Got to remove all traces of that club where he played his best AFL footy to date and came 4th in the Rising Star.

Collingwood FC... Proud de-Brisbanisers of Corrie, Wood, Aish...

Obviously the deBrisbanising was only a partial success.

Will now need a full frontal deBrisbane-otomy to have any chance of resurrecting his career.
You take the boy out of Brisbane but ....

Aish needs to be de-Brisbanised apparently.

Got to remove all traces of that club where he played his best AFL footy to date and came 4th in the Rising Star.

Collingwood FC... Proud de-Brisbanisers of Corrie, Wood, Aish...

1357395283_Sparaflash-Neuralizer.jpg

Passing on Petracca will be remembered as one of the great drafting blunders imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back