North melbourne 'lose' Ballarat zone

Remove this Banner Ad

North were done in Ballarat when they stuffed up with approaching one party only in the last state Government.

:D Less hassle? How?

Just is. For the record, I'm talking about being a passenger on the plane, not the pilot. I think that's where you're getting confused/angry.

Just is. For the record, I'm talking about being a passenger on the plane, not the pilot. I think that's where you're getting confused/angry.
Just is? :D

Aww I think someone realised how dumb their comment was and is now trying to smart ass their way out of it. It was a brave effort but next time think before posting. :)

Just is? :D

Aww I think someone realised how dumb their comment was and is now trying to smart ass their way out of it. It was a brave effort but next time think before posting. :)

I don't understand why it's so hard to for to comprehend what I'm saying. It's less hassle for me to get on a plane and go to Melbourne than it is to drive to Hobart. That is a fact and if you dispute it, you are wrong. Your situation could be different, I don't know and I don't really care. :)

And it's not going to happen in the foreseeable future, that's been made clear.
Exactly, not until a governement puts big money into the Eureka stadium, which lets face it, might never happen.

Oh, I got you. Yeah, I agree and it's pretty unfortunate.

Exactly, not until a governement puts big money into the Eureka stadium, which lets face it, might never happen.

And if North (and now the Bulldogs) are sinking significant money and effort there like many say they are, without the guarantee of playing there, it's a ridiculous waste of money.

Hobart is a real option as you play there. Get people to your games and you can win them from there.

Nobody owns any area of Melbourne or Vic except for Geelong. The rest of us are just Melbourne CBD clubs, incl the Bulldogs. You can't grow anything unless you play there and people can easily walk in. Until games in Vic are played outside of the current 3 grounds its a pointless exercise. If you want to nurture an area Hobart is a great opportunity.

Running a clinic or two for some school kids every now and then isn't going to achieve anything.

Flying is one of the great tortures of modern life. I'd do anything within reason to avoid it

Really? I love it, although you can't go anywhere without it in Tassie. :p

Was just a simple question precious.

As for that thread on the north board, I was invited in there. Harden up

Ease up mate, or they will ask the mods to add Ballarat to the swear filter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And it's not going to happen in the foreseeable future, that's been made clear.

and by the time it might happen, the handover of Etihad (and subsequent better deals) will be close enough to make it less attractive anyway.

Even if they acted now, $50-80M for 3-4 games/year for 8 or 9 years isn't really a great investment.

Ballarat is sort of west of Melbourne. So it's ours. North should move north and take Wallan and Kilmore.

Geelong, SA and WA are west of Melbourne as well. Your title is generic, and it is realistically just Footscray.

North were done in Ballarat when they stuffed up with approaching one party only in the last state Government.

Not really, Labor said it was off the table if we approached the Libs and Libs were against Ballarat development because their leader was a Geelong supporter and a Ballarat development would negatively impact Geelong.

Funnily enough, there are a lot of political games involved when you have to deal with politicians.

I can believe that for some people it is easier to travel to the airport than take a Red Line Bus to Hobart. i knew a couple of people who have never been to Hobart in the life despite living here for a number of years. Public transport is terrible down here after all.

Hawthorn increased their supporter base by working with the kiddies in schools and being the only team a kid can reliably watch 2 or 3 times a year without the increased hassle of a trip interstate. Bit different to Ballarat as north dont have a monopoly of afl games so it wouldnt be as effective.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back