Half Term Tony. Is it a possibility?

Remove this Banner Ad

Difference is I fully support any cuts to the ABC (should have been more than the piddling 5%) unlike Julias betrayal that made Australia poorer, cost jobs and add $1000 to everyone's powerbill.
That's the problem with Abbott's blatant lying.

It just encourages his followers to do the same.

Disappointing in areas, succesful in others...and yes Abbott did lie.

Vast improvement on chaos of the previous govt.
Chaos? In a minority government, that sheila did more to advance Australia in the midst of the worst world recession since the Great Depression than what Howard did in all his tenure at a time of unprecedented world growth.

Chaos? We see Turnbull telling us his leader lied but his leader denies it. Hockey is saying that a co-payment slug in order to give it to some privateers to buy more yachts to cruise the Caribbean (not for the budget "emergency) is still a gower but his leader says it's a "barnacle" whilst others in the government, are implacably opposed and say so. You've got the mincing poodle telling the walking hairdo when to stand up and sit down in the speakers chair.

You've got the gung-ho "everybody has the right to be a bigot" Brandis telling us he's going to make it easy peasy to insult, ridicule, vilify and can't even convince a senate with duhhhh Muir, the dim witted Lambie, Leyonhjelm the one time Labor/Liberal/Shooters Party member and now an LDP dullard, the brick-with-ears nor that homophobic supremacist Day, to vote for his legislation that would let his pig dog mate Bolt off the leash.

Of course, there is Cormann, whose legislation to allow banks and advisors to advise their customers to give their money over to them and when their customers ask, "what are you going to do with it?" they are advised, "don't you worry about that" in the true bent Bjelke Peterson tradition but alas, it was in, now it's out: chaotic? nahhhh!

Abbott appoints that turd Tim Wilson to the Human Rights Commission after that grub Wilson had been on a never ending crusade to abolish the commission.

There's that xenophobe Morrison telling all and sundry that Australia respects Indonesia's territorial sovereignty and a few days later, says that we've entered Indonesia's territorial waters ".....on several occasions, in breach of Australian Government policy." and then Tones himself, the liar other liars look up to for inspiration in lying and distortion: how's this for an unashamed lie; he said in a press conference in Indonesia no less, "Can I just scotch this idea that the Coalition’s policy is or ever has been tow-backs … There is a world of difference between turning boats around in Australian waters and the Australian Navy towing them back to Indonesia." and then three or four months later, we're busted towing boats back to Indonesia! How about the cracker that he was never going to do any deals with the Greens and in lightening fast time after he was elected, he cuts a deal with the Greens to lift the debt ceiling and yet in opposition, he and non compos mentis Hockey freaked out at "Labor's debt" and are still banging on about it.

They also banged on about the end of the age of entitlement but according to Tones, "Occasionally, I think it is necessary to offer help and let’s not forget that this money is going to result in $50 million of private investment.", when he was handing over $16 million to Cadbury to produce more chocolate in Tasi, a deal brokered by the White Australia Party, ooops, the National Party of Australia NSW senator Fiona Nash's "adviser", Alastair Furnival, but SPC? They wanted to invest $95 million if the Government had chipped in $26 million but nah, the age of entitlement is over.

The best though of Abbott's straight out lying and deceit must be the "abolition of the carbon tax". Hooray, hooray! We can start to rebuild Whyalla now and when it's completed, we can all jump in our cars, fill 'em up at the petrol station and pay the new "non carbon carbon tax" by Tones re-introducing biannual indexation on all fuel.

This incredibly inept government has been in office for nigh on 15 months and it has been without doubt, the most embarrassing, shambolic, non-transparent and terrifyingly extreme government in living memory.

Last edited:

So after a year of pretending he knows what he's doing what has the reptilian liar actually done?
I'm sure there will be a few happy to post some "achievements" and I'd be happy to see if any stack-up as real achievements or simply failed policies, rejigged to suit Clive Palmer so they can scrape through the senate. That won't happen any more.
In any event here is a list of the thing the human travesty has done from the most recent to the first seconds of his stillborn Prime Ministership.

Goodbye Tony and good riddance you muppet.

http://sallymcmanus.net/abbotts-wreckage/

So after a year of pretending he knows what he's doing what has the reptilian liar actually done?
I'm sure there will be a few happy to post some "achievements" and I'd be happy to see if any stack-up as real achievements or simply failed policies, rejigged to suit Clive Palmer so they can scrape through the senate. That won't happen any more.
In any event here is a list of the thing the human travesty has done from the most recent to the first seconds of his stillborn Prime Ministership.

Goodbye Tony and good riddance you muppet.

http://sallymcmanus.net/abbotts-wreckage/
He has stayed away for the majority of the time during Vic Elections (except for one quick appearance), does that count?

Jones, Bolt and Albrechsten have all been critical of Abbott this last week. That is remarkable, as all are rusted on Coalition ideologues, whose main reason for being in the media is push the Party line. That these trusted foot soldiers are turning suggests some serious issues in the party, and concern over its direction. This is not good for Abbott.

What Abbott has is time - another two years before an election. But if his numbers are the same in a year, then the Party will need to roll him. Sounds like many a back bencher in the government would be happy with that.

Jones, Bolt and Albrechsten have all been critical of Abbott this last week. That is remarkable, as all are rusted on Coalition ideologues, whose main reason for being in the media is push the Party line. That these trusted foot soldiers are turning suggests some serious issues in the party, and concern over its direction. This is not good for Abbott.

What Abbott has is time - another two years before an election. But if his numbers are the same in a year, then the Party will need to roll him. Sounds like many a back bencher in the government would be happy with that.
A mate of mine is a budding Liberal party MP and he says the old timers in his branch have never seen such doom and gloom when the party is in government. There's a feeling that no cohesive message is coming from the government and the stand offish attitude towards negotiating with the Senate cross benchers is causing some considerable angst. You're right about time though, but that breathing space has only come from the song and dance that they about Rudd being replaced by Gillard, and to do similairly would leave them open to the same criticism that they so brilliantly used against the Labor Party in government. I think that Abbott has six months to get his s**t together otherwise he faces a the prospect of a spill.

A mate of mine is a budding Liberal party MP and he says the old timers in his branch have never seen such doom and gloom when the party is in government. There's a feeling that no cohesive message is coming from the government and the stand offish attitude towards negotiating with the Senate cross benchers is causing some considerable angst. You're right about time though, but that breathing space has only come from the song and dance that they about Rudd being replaced by Gillard, and to do similairly would leave them open to the same criticism that they so brilliantly used against the Labor Party in government. I think that Abbott has six months to get his s**t together otherwise he faces a the prospect of a spill.

You are probably right re 6 month. If the Abbott governments numbers remain s**t for that long the pressure will be huge.

I struggle to see how he can turn it around, given he so overtly campaigned on naive notions of 'truth' and 'honesty' in government, but has broken so many promises so quickly. He is a liar and hypocrite in so many peoples eyes, and rightfully so. Crazy thing is he didn't need to over promise in the last election campaign, but he did. Maybe they were spooked by Rudd pulling off a surprise victory. Whatever the case, his word hasn't matched reality on any front.

If his numbers are still ugly in 6 months that would leave whoever ends up PM (Bishop, or less likely, Turnball) 18 months to try and re-frame the narrative and jettison Abbott and Hockey's stupidly ideological budget.

But my hope is that he lasts until election day, as he is now a great gift to Labor.

He over promised because at heart he is a very ordinary politician who found himself in a position that he never thought possible. The best analogy I can think of is John Major, an accidental leader who positioned himself on Thatchers coattails, as Abbott has Howard's but was an utter shadow of his predecessor.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard on the radio today that Gina has made a speech criticising Abbott too. Apparently he hasn't done enough for big business.

He over promised because at heart he is a very ordinary politician who found himself in a position that he never thought possible. The best analogy I can think of is John Major, an accidental leader who positioned himself on Thatchers coattails, as Abbott has Howard's but was an utter shadow of his predecessor.

Agree, he is a very ordinary politician. He has fashioned himself on Howard, who suffered bad numbers in his first term and essentially lost the 1998 election on 2PP. Difference is Abbott has slightly less of buffer, and Howard was a better politician (as much as that pains me to say it). He doesn't have the wiggle room Howard had in his first term, and i'm not convinced the Australian public will fall for classic Howard style dog-whistling now. Abbott's attempts at that with Muslims didn't bring him any gains.

Jones, Bolt and Albrechsten have all been critical of Abbott this last week.

Why would Tone even give a root what these idiots think? His biggest problem is actually putting their masters policies into place hence leading to a falling behind in the polls. If he followed their full advice he would be even further behind in the the polls. He needs to understand that the vast majority of business is small to medium and they do not see the benefit in the screwing over of them on behalf of the big end of teown. FWIW, and as much as anyone is not going to believe me, I work for an industry ass. and each and every day I hear nothing but complaint about the support of the Gina's and Rupert's of this world from these smaller business. This morning I sat in a forum and they bitched about the FTA with China. IMO the government is ignoring a large chunk of business that is scared for it's future and that includes small fry such as franchises through to office suppliers.

The Jones, Bolt and Albrechsten hardly care for these business. Bolt and Albrechsten support crap talk about the ABC and Jones is just now an old whinger.

Why would Tone even give a root what these idiots think?

It's not about what Tone thinks of them, it's about what them coming out on the attack represents - a warning to shape up or get shipped out by their masters via arranged leadership challenge.

Credlin and her nominal husband may be in charge now, but they're not the only power within the party.

One term Tony looks more likely by the day, but the LNP will probably still win the next election. Many Coalition voters I know (widely accused demographic of hounding Gillard out for being a woman), myself included, are desperate for Bishop to be PM as soon as possible.

I call myself a Coalition voter, but if Labor put up a decent candidate in the mould of Hawke or Keating I would be a good chance at swinging.

Whats more pointed is that in the "died of shame" speech by jones he was berating the wets in the party for not supporting abbott more, and bolt joined in in chorus

One term Tony looks more likely by the day, but the LNP will probably still win the next election. Many Coalition voters I know (widely accused demographic of hounding Gillard out for being a woman), myself included, are desperate for Bishop to be PM as soon as possible.

I call myself a Coalition voter, but if Labor put up a decent candidate in the mould of Hawke or Keating I would be a good chance at swinging.

They have. i recall hawke and keating were union hacks too

Theres a big factor of turning on a government as soon as you elect it.

Maybe the mob have realise post industrialism is not going to be reversed. Im advising my kids to choose careers unlikely to be offshored or totally automated and they are few and far between.

Ironic that we bang on about the value of being employed when each day several hundred jobs offshore

This incompetent government only has a majority of 14 seats over the 76 seats which is required for majority government.

The coalition in 2013 , could only must up extra 16 seats
Labor lost 17 seats

There is no doubt this current government will lose more then 14 seats at the next election and out of government

I'd like the same odds about winning Lotto as those applicable to Jug Lugs getting the flick after one term. What worries me somewhat is what will replace him and his cohorts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back