Our W/L record against all teams

Remove this Banner Ad

How about our bigfooty thread and post count. We fare fairly averagely but this may be due to the popularity of a fan website in years past...

I just had a look and I'm pretty sure the stats between us and the eagles board are a lot closer than when I first started on here.

Like you say, at the time I put our poor numbers down to the popularity of DL*, perhaps the fact they've managed to turn people off their site has helped this board grow.

Also, we're probably catching the eagles now because we actually have a reason to post in September.

*I remember a few years ago some North supporters saying the reason they punch above their weight on here with post numbers is because they didn't have a really popular private website forum like a lot of the other Vic clubs. Then again, it could be just because they had Teffy making 600 posts a day for about 6 years.

Like you say, at the time I put our poor numbers down to the popularity of DL*, perhaps the fact they've managed to turn people off their site has helped this board grow.
Around 07 I went on there late at night when there was obviously no mods on and started a thread something like "Shane is ****head, join BigFooty.com". Naturally about 90% of the replies were abusing me and saying how s**t BF was but a couple of people said "Hey had a look at that Freo board and it's pretty good and I will join, thanks".

Felt good :cool:

He might have left the country for a while to go live in a cave in Afghanistan - I know I felt like doing that after the eagles won in 06.

Around 07 I went on there late at night when there was obviously no mods on and started a thread something like "Shane is ****head, join BigFooty.com". Naturally about 90% of the replies were abusing me and saying how s**t BF was but a couple of people said "Hey had a look at that Freo board and it's pretty good and I will join, thanks".

Felt good :cool:

Yeah, it wasn't until about 05/06 when the Freo board actually had some activity. I remember you could go for a week and there wouldn't be a single new thread. DL was always a lot more popular.

Yeah, it wasn't until about 05/06 when the Freo board actually had some activity. I remember you could go for a week and there wouldn't be a single new thread. DL was always a lot more popular.

Are you the longest serving Freo supporter on here who's still around?

A Nov 2000 join date would be pretty tough to top. Bigfooty only started in 99 from memory.

Are you the longest serving Freo supporter on here who's still around?

A Nov 2000 join date would be pretty tough to top. Bigfooty only started in 99 from memory.
I'd have an earlier date if I'd joined here when I first became aware of it. I was still drinking the Dockerland Kool Aid then and didn't think it was worth making an account until a couple of years later when yet another post that I'd spent 10 minutes composing and checked rigorously for non doctrinaire content was deleted with no explanation and I thought * it, this place has a higher signal to noise ratio but at least you can say what you want.

I'd have an earlier date if I'd joined here when I first became aware of it. I was still drinking the Dockerland Kool Aid then and didn't think it was worth making an account until a couple of years later when yet another post that I'd spent 10 minutes composing and checked rigorously for non doctrinaire content was deleted with no explanation and I thought **** it, this place has a higher signal to noise ratio but at least you can say what you want.

The DL Kool Aid was pretty damn tasty back then with the likes of MM and Lemon providing quality banter.

I definitely preferred the DL site at first, but eventually started posting here more often and there more rarely. That coincided with me starting to find my posts getting deleted on DL more - not sure if it was because they revoked my membership or because I lost my filter thanks to being on here. Either way it was unacceptable for someone like me who thinks their keyboard is a direct line to god. :p

Theres a few things that are good about DL I like the unmitigated hate of the eagles. It feels like a real rivalry on there. On here you get the harsh reality that most eagles supporters are totally normal.

Theres a few things that are good about DL I like the unmitigated hate of the eagles. It feels like a real rivalry on there. On here you get the harsh reality that most eagles supporters are totally normal.

Most? You must be on a different bigfooty to me.

There's a pretty decent bunch who post on our board and on the random non-footy boards, but you only need to read their board occasionally to reaffirm how many s**t supporters they have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most? You must be on a different bigfooty to me.

There's a pretty decent bunch who post on our board and on the random non-footy boards, but you only need to read their board occasionally to reaffirm how many s**t supporters they have.

Found myself slipping into a state of apathy regarding them recently, just had to spend 5 minutes there and read a vitriolic rant on Chris Mayne to return to my hating ways. Their good posters are really good but their s**t posters which is about 70% of them are truly PENO1 tier.

Not to mention their Richmond-esque optimism/delusion has begun pretty early this year, as usual they think they're a monty to finish higher than us again lol.

I find it no problem to "maintain the disdain" on BF when it comes to the Eagles. I must admit to popping back to DL on occasion to admire the default no mercy rule on all things WC though. Often there are nuances of derision which I hadn't previously considered.

I developed an inferiority complex on Dockerland and took it all personally when my posts were deleted.
It's been seven years since I flicked 'em. My counsellor thinks I'll be fine if I stay away from there.

It is definitely a Purple Circle club.

I developed an inferiority complex on Dockerland and took it all personally when my posts were deleted.
It's been seven years since I flicked 'em. My counsellor thinks I'll be fine if I stay away from there.

It is definitely a Purple Circle club.

You're just not funny enough.

Nor am I.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back