Traded Patrick Ryder traded to Port for picks 17 and 37

Remove this Banner Ad

No, it's from the AFL and AFLPA. There didnt used to be a clause that let people do this - think of this as one more gift from James Hird to the code.
A walk out clause has been there for years.

The only difference if now it has moved to free agency, rather than the draft..

The deal has been in the works for years. Even then there is no guarantee it would be ruled in favor

A walk out clause has been there for years.

The only difference if now it has moved to free agency, rather than the draft..

The deal has been in the works for years. Even then there is no guarantee it would be ruled in favor
The walk out clause was built for the greatest sanctions of all time.

The walk out clause was built for the greatest sanctions of all time.

As mentioned, it has been there for years. The AFLPA finally got it intertwined as a free agent result rather than a draft prospet in the last CBA. Wished the media would report all the facts accurately and not what they want the public to see.

Big LOL at Mark Robinson from fox 360. Could not answer Gerards question about which club Ryder should go to. This bloke is so compromised when discussing anything Essendon, yet tells everyone he is neutral. Even called Andy Mahr a wan#er for suggesting his Essendon bias.

I'd go to Port if i were Ryder. Boy they will be hard to beat if he does!

Big LOL at Mark Robinson from fox 360. Could not answer Gerards question about which club Ryder should go to. This bloke is so compromised when discussing anything Essendon, yet tells everyone he is neutral. Even called Andy Mahr a wan#er for suggesting his Essendon bias.

I'd go to Port if i were Ryder. Boy they will be hard to beat if he does!

That's interesting, I was at an event Robo attended post 360 last night and he openly claimed to the audience that Ryder will be going to GWS, most likely for 2 young mids, including O'Rourke. His info apparently comes from the Chairman of GWS.

That's interesting, I was at an event Robo attended post 360 last night and he openly claimed to the audience that Ryder will be going to GWS, most likely for 2 young mids, including O'Rourke. His info apparently comes from the Chairman of GWS.
Jono was an Essendon supporter growing up and a big chance to come back to Vic. That would be a big chunk of your trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

?? Goddard made the mistake of joining before this all hit and Chapman discarded and passed over by most clubs.

How attractive do you think you are at the minute?

I'm one of the sexiest bitches going 'round......

Was told yesterday that Ryder has not been issued with a SC notice and that is why Essendon is playing hard ball as that means there is no breach of his contract.

Of course the flip side could be that he has cut a deal with ASADA and it waiting to activate it. Once he does he has a clear breach as he will have been found guilty of doping due to a club instigated program.

GWS are insane if they are going to offer 2 young mids for Ryder... What if Ryder gets 2 years from ASADA?
I struggle to see what GWS get from this

Paddy is a great Ruck/Fwd, but his onfield performance has always been better when allowed to ruck for the bulk of a game. Mumford is their number 1 ruck. It strikes me that clubs like Brisbane and GWS would just end up with a selection question.
Suns, Port and Swans makes more sense.

Deal-wise, I think we will end up with a pick in the top 30 and a good player.
I agree 6mths is the most likely outcome (if players do get banned) but a possibility is still there for 2years.
also a possibility of nothing.
no one knows. even predicting is futile at the moment. 19-odd months and all we have is murky waters.

6 months is the most likely outcome. Slim to no chance of 2 years.
personally think 12 months is the most likely outcome as they hid behind the EFC & Hird legal action.

I'm waiting for the Workcover penalties now and Ryder can walk to wherever he likes and Essendon have absolutely no way of stopping him.

Given Robbo's track record on everyone to do with Essendon of late I'm calling Bullsh*t on this. I might be wrong but on the balance of probability I'm confident.

Also can't see the reason for going to GWS for mine. Have Mumford, developing solid young ruckman and absolutely no chance of him playing in the forward line.

Was told yesterday that Ryder has not been issued with a SC notice and that is why Essendon is playing hard ball as that means there is no breach of his contract.

Of course the flip side could be that he has cut a deal with ASADA and it waiting to activate it. Once he does he has a clear breach as he will have been found guilty of doping due to a club instigated program.

I don't understand the bolded. So players can only use the so called clause when issued with show cause notices?

If true he must have cut a deal which will be announced after the GF.

personally think 12 months is the most likely outcome as they hid behind the EFC & Hird legal action.

I'm waiting for the Workcover penalties now and Ryder can walk to wherever he likes and Essendon have absolutely no way of stopping him.

Given Robbo's track record on everyone to do with Essendon of late I'm calling Bullsh*t on this. I might be wrong but on the balance of probability I'm confident.

Also can't see the reason for going to GWS for mine. Have Mumford, developing solid young ruckman and absolutely no chance of him playing in the forward line.
It's quite clear Ryder has absolutely no interest in doing this though. The media threw this out into the public domain and it's been lapped up so willingly.
He's gone to 4 different clubs in the lead up to trade week and alerted the club to his wishes nearly 3 weeks prior to trade week. he's done virtually everything he could with dignity to this point. And the club has only said that he is wanted by the club and that they'd like to discuss it with him. Why everyone believes the two parties are at loggerheads over this because they want to see the EFC screwed at the trade table is baffling.

Are Essendon players simply just waiting for someone like Ryder or Monfries to cut a deal, open the floodgates and then it doesn't look like they are rolling over on their club? Surely they know that they are farked and cutting a deal is the best outcome?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back