Analysis Peel Thunder 2015 (TV schedule in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I think he's got to play a couple more standout years in the WAFL before anyone is willing to give him another shot. If he stuffs up in that time, we'd be the first to hear about it, so you'd think if he was serious about playing footy again, he'd be working hard to make a good impression.

Agreed,Walters needs more standout games in the WAFL to reconsider him:rolleyes:

He's definitely coming frow a long way back.

Saw Josh Bootsma play in a VFL game last season a couple of weeks before the offield stuff was made public.

He was way off selection for the AFL. Just made blunder after blunder that cost his teams goals. Sort of game if you'd seen, you'd want to rule the line through a player and say 'delist'.

It seemed to me that the moronic stuff offield was a convenient reason for Carlton to part ways with a player early.

Looked like a completely different player yesterday. Took some responsibility of organising the defence when they were under fire with EP's forward entries in the first half, and held them up a number of times.

He was poor for Carlton but after his first few games for peel he was very good. He needs to do what Ahmet saad did during his time off. Come back to the game fitter faster and stronger than when he left.
Fair enough, but I must say not one radio commentator had one good thing to say about his games last year. Might just be because he was a defender. The games I saw last year, he was ordinary. Has shown a lot more this season, but whether that equates to AFL list, I don't know. He was good yesterday, but (without having seen the replay) I didn't think he was any better than Vanderleur. Might change my view when I watch the replay.

Fair enough, but I must say not one radio commentator had one good thing to say about his games last year. Might just be because he was a defender. The games I saw last year, he was ordinary. Has shown a lot more this season, but whether that equates to AFL list, I don't know. He was good yesterday, but (without having seen the replay) I didn't think he was any better than Vanderleur. Might change my view when I watch the replay.

Please watch it. It was a good game from him plus you get to see some Pearce n Brady magic.

Please watch it. It was a good game from him plus you get to see some Pearce n Brady magic.
I watched it live, but I like to look at it again to get a clearer picture of some aspects of the game. Grey and Pearce were outstanding. I won't need a replay to see that.:) Bootsma was good too iirc but I didn't mind Vanders game either when he went back. Whether either of those two are AFL level, I'm not sure. Especially when we have more recruiting to do in the next couple of years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What you talking about, Willis? We're talking about Bootsma?

I thought the sarcasm smilie might have tipped you of.The same things were said about Walters when he was sent back to the WAFL.Some were saying he would never play in the big league again.
Leaving Bootsma to wallow for seasons in the WAFL because of a stupid juvenile mistake doesn't make a lot of sense.

Walters was still on an AFL list.

Walters was sent back for immature mistakes and saw the error of his ways.AFL listed or not if he hadn't have pulled the finger out he would have been delisted.
Bootsma has also pulled the finger out and has not put a foot wrong since being back at Peel and is now part of the leadership group.He shows a lot more than both Smith and Vandeleur both in reading the play and disposal and deserves another crack at it hopefully at Freo.

Yeah but it's a long way back from not being on an AFL list as compared to still being on one. And even then, it worked for Walters, hasn't worked for Sylvia.

Moller has some good attributes but it will be years before he could be considered for an afl role. A few weeks back he played ruck in the reserves against East freo and, at best, broke even with their ruck, Jack Fletcher. Jack is only 197cm and is only playing his second year of footy at any level. On one hand I think this is worrying in terms of Moller's development but on the other hand it shows that there are probably a few other young kids out there that the club could invest their development resources in. It's a crunch year for Moller, he'll have to show some significant improvement this season to stay on the list.

http://www.wafl.com.au/players/view/4979

Yeah, that summarises my view probably better than I have. I'll leave poor Craig alone now.

Would be a decent get on the rookie list. Needs some more strength to not get pushed around too badly but would be your Zac Dawson type. But better with the ball.

Yeah but it's a long way back from not being on an AFL list as compared to still being on one. And even then, it worked for Walters, hasn't worked for Sylvia.

True but Sylvia a dud and hasn't attempted to put things right.The other two boys have put their heads down and bums up and put in the work.

Sylvia is in his late twenties, to late. Bootsma on the other hand end up Melbourne a big city easily led astray & probably not that smart ( I know the feeling) f..ks up & sent back home where close to family. If he shows form & comitment probably worth a shot though reckon will be a few that might be looking. Needs to put some size on though.

Bootsma is still only 22 yr and at 193cm is tall enough to be a tall defender. Certainly has the skills to succeed at AFL level.

He was a fairly high draft pick, wasn't he? 20's or something.

Worth a look if someone saw some potential in him.

Although, Carlton did recruit Kane Lucas with a first rounder too....

Sylvia is in his late twenties, to late. Bootsma on the other hand end up Melbourne a big city easily led astray & probably not that smart ( I know the feeling) f..ks up & sent back home where close to family. If he shows form & comitment probably worth a shot though reckon will be a few that might be looking. Needs to put some size on though.
I think he's worth a rookie spot, but the Walters comparison isn't valid. Walters was still on an AFL list and had shown something at AFL level. He was Freo's second highest goal kicker in the 2010 finals as a 19 year old for example. His indiscretions were more fitness based, not in the same class as Bootsma (I don't think that rules out Bootsma, but its still something clubs would be wary of).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back