Analysis Peel Thunder 2015 (TV schedule in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sawnnies doing as they like now. Our lads looking a tad fearful. Vandaleur has been horrible in defence. Grey has not been as dominant as his last few outings. Still liking the looks of AP, and Apeness actually did some nice transition work through the guts. Blakely and Sherro trying hard, but the Swans have all the momentum, running and some generous umpiring.

Do they have the Hitler youth kid umpiring?

This is getting embarrassing. Peel just continually hand the ball back to the swans with atrocious foot skills and poor decisions.

Couldn't hit a target if their lives depended on it, Get smashed in the clearances most of the time. Very underweight and undersized in the backline. (Can't believe they kept Pearce forward for so long). Mathers is having an ordinary season.Step backwards after a really good game by Duffy last week. Hughes is the worst kick I have seen in a long time. What I saw of Blakely last week he really needs to drastically lift his skills off foot and hand. Weller should be allowed to play on the outside more. Deluca is a million miles away from AFL level. Off day generally, so I will try and not sound hysterical.

Couldn't hit a target if their lives depended on it, Get smashed in the clearances most of the time. Very underweight and undersized in the backline. (Can't believe they kept Pearce forward for so long). Mathers is having an ordinary season.Step backwards after a really good game by Duffy last week. Hughes is the worst kick I have seen in a long time. What I saw of Blakely last week he really needs to drastically lift his skills off foot and hand. Weller should be allowed to play on the outside more. Deluca is a million miles away from AFL level. Off day generally, so I will try and not sound hysterical.

Thanks Simmo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok so we should not be hysterical, I'll stop cutting my wrists then.

In one week we moved from great depth to shallows, and our most significant change was Sylvia retiring.

Thanks for the assessment all the same

Terrible game by the sounds of things. Weller the best for Freo imo and could play afl and would be a real asset on the outside. Seems as though they are trying to build his inside game but his run and skill is his strength.

Grey good again although some mistakes which have been noted in this thread.

Not much else to mention in a pretty poor effort across the board.

I'm quite a bit out of the loop these days, but of all our recruits, I've been quite disappointed in Deluca. Again, my sample viewing is tiny, but I reckon he's actually gone backwards a bit since coming over - particularly his game awareness and general disposal has been most underwhelming. Obviously young and plenty of time and all that, not bagging him for the sake of it, but I'd be interested in the opinion of people who have more time to look at him as to their thoughts?

I'm quite a bit out of the loop these days, but of all our recruits, I've been quite disappointed in Deluca. Again, my sample viewing is tiny, but I reckon he's actually gone backwards a bit since coming over - particularly his game awareness and general disposal has been most underwhelming. Obviously young and plenty of time and all that, not bagging him for the sake of it, but I'd be interested in the opinion of people who have more time to look at him as to their thoughts?

Tough, quick, but shocking skills. Will struggle to be on our list for long IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of all the poor performances today I think I was most disappointed with Hughes. In the last quarter he was running out of the HBF and he went into the centre of the ground with a beautiful long spearing kick. It went straight to a swan, there wasn't a peel player within 30m of him. I have no idea who he was intending to give it to. That was just one of his many clangers. He does a lot of stuff really well. His positioning around stoppages and congestion is good. He's strong in marking contests and he knows when to leave his man but boy did he stink it up today with his disposal.
I went out to the huddle at 3/4 time, I thought Cam was pretty calm considering. Ballard was congratulated for his tagging role and griff drew some praise from the coaches too. Grey sounded like his had a head full of snot, maybe there's a bit of a lurgy going through the group. I certainly hope there is as it may explain today's performance.

Wow. The comments above really epitomises the term "a week in footy is a long time".

Every one entitled to a bad game but how you respond is what matters. Peel have already shown their capability.

Ps Great to hear about Hurley! Surely in line for a league call up!?

Grey sounded like his had a head full of snot, maybe there's a bot of a lurgy going through the group. I certainly hope there is as it may explain today's performance.[/QUOTE]

Hope not, what would that mean for tomorrow's game!!!

Of all the poor performances today I think I was most disappointed with Hughes. In the last quarter he was running out of the HBF and he went into the centre of the ground with a beautiful long spearing kick. It went straight to a swan, there wasn't a peel player within 30m of him. I have no idea who he was intending to give it to. That was just one of his many clangers. He does a lot of stuff really well. His positioning around stoppages and congestion is good. He's strong in marking contests and he knows when to leave his man but boy did he stink it up today with his disposal.
I went out to the huddle at 3/4 time, I thought Cam was pretty calm considering. Ballard was congratulated for his tagging role and griff drew some praise from the coaches too. Grey sounded like his had a head full of snot, maybe there's a bit of a lurgy going through the group. I certainly hope there is as it may explain today's performance.

Thanks for the report, the radio guys called lurch knocking it down sheridans throat did he get much ruck time, thanks.

Having so many Sunday games will hurt peel this year and us. It means 2 or 3 players not playing per week.

How was Sheridan?
Sheridan started like the proverbial train but faded in the second half. He tried hard all day and was one of the few shining lights for Peel. He was good inside and distributed the ball nicely. I thought he showed real leadership which is a sign of his growing maturity.

Tough, quick, but shocking skills. Will struggle to be on our list for long IMO.

Yeah that's what I meant. Deluca looks like a quality footballer and all, right up until he has to do something remotely classy with the ball. He just doesn't seem to have anything near AFL level skills - but again, I'm really going on very little, I just don't have time to check out the WAFL much at all these days. Be interested in PurpleReign's take on him.

I just sometimes wonder what his strength is. He doesn't have Balla type pace from what I have seen. He hasn't got Walters' skill. He really lacks any depth in his kicking and is not a great kick generally. He must have upside otherwise they wouldn't have selected him but he looks more rookie quality atm or he is just finding it difficult to adjust to Peels gameplan. I will be really keen to see if he improves as the season goes on. He was very good in the Grandfinal for such a young player, so he must have some potential that the club has identified.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back