Analysis Peel Thunder 2015 (TV schedule in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

What is Ballards position like? Where does he play for peel, where could he play for Fremantle? See his name racking up disposals but isn't mentioned as that guy as much as Blakey or Weller from what I read? Can he or will he make it?
Moves well but pretty suspect disposal. Lol one game I watched he picked up the ball, burst out of the middle and bombed the ball nice and long... the wrong way :D

Watched most of the peel game yesterday. Who is number 12. Seemed to be one of the few interested players getting the ball the middle. Seemed to me a classic case of one team there to play and after the win and the other nit particularly fussed. Subi always had one more in every contest like Freo early season 2015 and the result was the same.
Benjamin Hancock, was nominated for the draft last year but wasn't picked up.

What is Ballards position like? Where does he play for peel, where could he play for Fremantle? See his name racking up disposals but isn't mentioned as that guy as much as Blakey or Weller from what I read? Can he or will he make it?

He's a poor mans Josh Kennedy (Sydney). Huge body and still developing, contested beast. But lacks pace, foot skills are average. Don't think he has the over head marking ability of Josh Kennedy. If he was looking for a role model to develop his game, that would be the direction he heads.

I'm hoping he stays at Freo, good inside mid who's disposal is getting better IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The score probably sums up the half with some wasted chances on both sides. Peel battled hard in the second quarter after a sloppy start.

Crozier (outside) and Blakely (inside) have been the standouts so far. Weller and Langdon have both been good and provide good outside run and link up. Grey is a wrecking ball and an inspiration to teammates with his physicality and courage. Going well on Liam Anthony thus far too.

Of the others Sutcliffe has been OK but has still missed a couple of targets. Hughes and Deluca have flashed in and out and Ballard not finding as much of it as usual.

The bigs are struggling with no real impact yet although Hurley kicked a nice goal from a turnover. Hannath, Griffin and Moller not doing a lot. Tanner Smith has been reasonable down back and Bootsma solid again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back