Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Lots of reports Parkey will make the roster too. So goodbye Alex.

I still don't expect Parkey has made the roster yet - I reckon he still has to win at least one kick off against a guy who has been cut today.

Johnson is unlucky to be cut again, he was good this pre-season, and he's good on special teams. I thought Tucker was a little unlucky as well purely on account of some good things he did in pre-season... but realistically, we were never going to carry the extra back which is why Brown is no longer there and Tucker was getting those opportunities in the first place.

Don't like keeping Maehl. Don't really see what he offers at NFL level.

The cutting of Reynolds is just outright bizzare. We knew he was going to have a slow PS (not allowed at OTAs) when we drafted him! Waste of a pick.

Reynolds stashed on PS. Only chance he stayed in the 53 was if we kept 5 safeties, because the 4 were locked in essentially.

Maehl might be there due to Benn getting injured. He's a good blocker and good at ST, know the offence, etc.

Currently 9 on PS after signing Teddy Williams

WR/CB Teddy Williams
RB Matthew Tucker
S Ed Reynolds II
WR Will Murphy
NT Wade Keliikipi
OT Kevin Graf
WR Quron Pratt
G/C Josh Andrews
ILB Emmanuel Acho

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have had a couple positives.

Defensive line has been good. Graham in particular has made a few plays. Run Defence has been good.

And ST has been immense.

Take out the first qtr (2 plays really), we conceded 3 points. Obviously it was only the Jags, but still good signs.

Front seven was very active. Cox had like 7 tackles and the FRTD. Kendricks was everywhere. Barwin was his usual best. Graham was the big surprise. Amazing game. Thorton was good against the run like usual.

Jenkins was the clear highlight in the secondary, should've had a FF late. Nate Allen improved after that first terrible half where he let that easy TD.

ST were massive. Jones was perfect. Parkey was impressive. Bair had the blocked FG. Sproles was returning kicks like crazy.

Cary and Fletcher were terrible. Cary got beat twice by Hurns. Fletcher was always a step slow.

Disgusting performance.

A team which got significantly worse, yet believed they were going to the Super Bowl.
Significantly worse lol.

NFC championship game is a lock.

We also had 6 plays of 20+ yards. Right on the same average of last year (99 over 16 games)

Mathis will get an MRI tomorrow. Reports leaning to MCL which is a hell of a lot better than an ACL

Appalling first half but looked to be an aberration going by the much improved second. Sproles very good & along with McCoy is going to cause plenty of headaches for opp teams. Very happy with the result considering how things looked at half time, injuries to the OL the main concern going forward.

& an honorable mention must go to Parkey - first NFL field goal attempt from 51yards to tie the game - no pressure;)

What a strange game. I'm not even sure we can take all the credit for turning it around - the Jags offense completely went missing in the second half.

I don't think there were too many surprises. I know I was interested to see how they used McCoy and Sproles together - it turned out they didn't use them together much at all. Still, Sproles was a highlight, particularly from someone who doesn't have a long history of running it between the tackles.

Ertz is probably the other highlight.

Lowlights were definitely the crowd. And Matthis' injury. And Foles just being absolute rubbish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back