Player Watch Pick #16 (2016) - Todd Marshall

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminder that one of the reasons we said no to Burgess this time around is he wanted final say on whether a player was fit to play or not.

I wonder who objected to that request the most...
Apparently in 13/14 Burgess said players weren't ready and Hinkley spat the dummy and played them anyways.

Hinkley has history with playing injured players as we all know.

Val Kilmer Reaction GIF

The most astounding thing is that the AFL deemed he wasn't eligible to go to GWS through their Academy, as per wiki:

"Marshall had not spent enough time at the club and thus would have to go through the normal draft process rather than going straight to GWS as an academy player".

I can only assume the big Victorian clubs put pressure on the AFL to make him available in the open draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most astounding thing is that the AFL deemed he wasn't eligible to go to GWS through their Academy, as per wiki:

"Marshall had not spent enough time at the club and thus would have to go through the normal draft process rather than going straight to GWS as an academy player".

I can only assume the big Victorian clubs put pressure on the AFL to make him available in the open draft.
Its just from the time that everyone finally realised that GWS Academy had access to players from the Riverina area. So despite being from NSW, they pretty much have access to standard AFL development pathways through the Murray Bushrangers.

So everyone from that area was getting really detailed scrutiny about whether GWS should be able to take them as an Academy player or not.

Its just from the time that everyone finally realised that GWS Academy had access to players from the Riverina area. So despite being from NSW, they pretty much have access to standard AFL development pathways through the Murray Bushrangers.

So everyone from that area was getting really detailed scrutiny about whether GWS should be able to take them as an Academy player or not.
Thanks

Im just surprised the AFL didn't just make up a new rule to ensure he could be claimed by GWS.

So a 5 year contract extension for Todd Marshall apparently

So a 5 year contract extension for Todd Marshall apparently

Don't have a problem with that at all.

I've no doubt that's what every club in the AFL would put in front of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back