2nds Port Adelaide vs Norwood Round 17 - @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Sunday 17th of August 2:10pm

Matt White and Aaron Young could come back for the Power which would push someone back down to the Maggies.

John Butcher may return from his virus as well.

Raikiwasa and Heath still a few weeks away.

Last edited:
The best part about the game is the time. A Sunday game allows us to take an emergency on Saturday to the GC who can come home and play sanfl if required. So we should have at least 3 AFL in's with Clurey and then Young and White pushing players down, then as you said Butch should be back so this will be a far stronger and better port side than Norwood played earlier in the year so hopefully we can beat them comfortably and sew up top spot.

Last edited:
A team with Sammy Gray and Kane Mitchell will be hard to beat. Mitchell is not AFL standard but will always get a load of the ball in the SANFL. The biggest problem in this game will be ruck with Sam Baulderstone up against Ports' meagre ruck stocks. Looks like we will be roving to losing rucks again. There will be gains but we could lose Logan, I have been unsure why he has not been in the AFL team most of this year.

... this will be a far stronger and better port side than Norwood played earlier in the year ....
Nah. Making allowances for who was available then, and who is now, the team that lost at the Parade was still one of our strongest for the year.
I'm not saying we'll be fielding a weak team this week but there's no major difference in ability.

Nah. Making allowances for who was available then, and who is now, the team that lost at the Parade was still one of our strongest for the year.
I'm not saying we'll be fielding a weak team this week but there's no major difference in ability.
Stronger team unit. Team stronger than the sum of its parts unlike round 1.

round 1 was an aberration in terms of how the first half of the season went, first time playing together under proper match conditions, should be better prepared to face them this week, but so will they. they are in much better form now than the start of the year. must hit them hard and deliver a message as i feel this could be a grand final preview. nothing better than a port v norwood match up, even if they are a shadow of the club they were in their heyday.

round 1 was an aberration in terms of how the first half of the season went, first time playing together under proper match conditions, should be better prepared to face them this week, but so will they. they are in much better form now than the start of the year. must hit them hard and deliver a message as i feel this could be a grand final preview. nothing better than a port v norwood match up, even if they are a shadow of the club they were in their heyday.
Saw that match .. spoke to a few of our players warming up outside the ground.. woke up next morning with b Sciatica
so hope they can win this one

Port Adelaide Round 17 SANFL team v Norwood
FB: Nathan Krakouer, Daniel Flynn, Tom Clurey
HB: Cam Hitchcock, Lewis Stevenson, Ben Newton
C: Jarman Impey, Steven Summerton, Paul Stewart
HF: Darcy Byrne-Jones, John Butcher, Sam Russell
FF: Brendon Ah Chee, Mitch Harvey, Mason Shaw
Foll: Angus Bruggemann, Sam Gray, Karl Amon
Interchange from: Kane Mitchell, Aaron Young, Tom Logan, Henry Slattery, Robbie Young

In: A. Young, Mitchell, Clurey, J. Butcher, R. Young
Out: A. Biemans (soreness), J. Johansen, S. Gordon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FB:
Nathan Krakouer, Daniel Flynn, Tom Clurey
Interchange from: Kane Mitchell, Aaron Young, Tom Logan, Henry Slattery, Robbie Young

That actually looks a fairly strong side. My apologies to Coobk001.

surprised butch is back so quick. strong side should be an absolute cracking game. hoping for big numbers of port supporters there, the atmosphere at the port v crows sanfl match was a reminder of the old days with 6100 of the 6114 people there being port supporters. huge game, must win to avoid a qualifying final / round 23 v freo pafc clash.

surprised butch is back so quick. strong side should be an absolute cracking game. hoping for big numbers of port supporters there, the atmosphere at the port v crows sanfl match was a reminder of the old days with 6100 of the 6114 people there being port supporters. huge game, must win to avoid a qualifying final / round 23 v freo pafc clash.
Good point John.
The anticipation I'm feeling for this game is similar to the Port Norwood clashes of the halcyon days.
Go You Maggies.

FB:
Nathan Krakouer, Daniel Flynn, Tom Clurey

That's a strong bench.

I get the feeling Young has come back into the Maggies direct to get a full game under his belt. A midfield with Young, Newton, Summerton, Gray, Mitchell, P Stewart, Logan and Ah Chee is going to take a massive effort to stop.

I too am seriously liking the look of our Maggies team for the Deadlegs game - will be there Sunday - let's hope for a big crowd for our last home game of the year and against our biggest rival too - here's hoping we beat those b_stards and claim the minor Premiership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back