2nds Port Adelaide vs Norwood - Round 5 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll take that! Awful game, but a win.

Pasini our next tall for AFL
Needs to be more dominant at SANFL level, would like to see him attack the high bombs. Only get involved when his direct opponent is involved. Think he was beaten today in a low scoring game.

Always feels good to beat Norwood but not quite as much as the old days.
Well of course. I wouldn't have dreamed of missing Port v Norwood at Alberton a few years ago. I mean I still live-watched the stream, which wasn't an option then.

Well of course. I wouldn't have dreamed of missing Port v Norwood at Alberton a few years ago. I mean I still live-watched the stream, which wasn't an option then.
I’m in Perth so it’s the only option, good to see some promising signs today with Jackson being the stand out.
Hayes looks like he couldn’t run out of sight in a London fog.
Yeah it’s not like the old days but a wins a win and it’s always good to have one over the Redlegs.

So Sinn with just 10 disposals?
Highly visible and classy early. Barely seen (on screen) much of the 2nd half. In such cases you never know if it's a match-up they struggle with, or time on the bench. Or both of course.

... Hayes looks like he couldn’t run out of sight in a London fog ...
I'll give Hayes this, he also started punching the ball forward in hope late as Visenti had begun to. At least one good, long knock-on to advantage. Risky due to the lack of control but each time either ruckman did it (3 times?) it came out OK for us. It's hardly a career high but it was clearly strategic and he was able to do it.

I'll give Hayes this, he also started punching the ball forward in hope late as Visenti had begun to. At least one good, long knock-on to advantage. Risky due to the lack of control but each time either ruckman did it (3 times?) it came out OK for us. It's hardly a career high but it was clearly strategic and he was able to do it.
Id feel alot better if he started punching Jonas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Harry Boyd any Good as A Ruck option, Little undersized. ?
I did like him in the grand final last yr was wondering if he could play as a chb .
He has played defense in the past but didn't get picked up.

At risk of starting a squabble, but I thought Hayes into the ruck in the last 10 minutes was a massive factor in us getting back in front, and eventually holding on for the win.
Also very pleasing to see the two tall forwards stand up with a big grab each, and converting their kicks, when it mattered at the death, after being pretty anonymous for most of the day

Last edited:
At risk of starting a squabble, but I thought Hayes into the ruck in the last 10 minutes was a massive factor in us getting back in front, and eventually holding on for the win.
Also very pleasing to see the two tall forwards stand up with a big grab each, and converting their kicks, when it mattered at the death, after being pretty anonymous for most of the day
Yep. Changed the course of the game. We got the last three goals of the game when he went into the ruck as well as the clearance for the last goal.

Last edited:
He's slightly behind Strachan, but right up there as the best ruck in the league. It's no surprise when he's in there we get cleaner clearances. Such a shame he's not shown whatever the club has sought from him because the ability is there.

If the Power can stay injury free, the possible injection of Dumont, Lycett and Farrell next week, for another home game, could give us a good chance to distance ourselves from that spoon race.

We've lost to the top three and beaten the bottom 2. Now come the games against the mid table sides.

If the Power can stay injury free, the possible injection of Dumont, Lycett and Farrell next week, for another home game, could give us a good chance to distance ourselves from that spoon race.

We've lost to the top three and beaten the bottom 2. Now come the games against the mid table sides.
Awesome

From reading this reports, Jackson seems to be performing better than Sinn. That's what I've noticed from games I've seen as well.

Sinn gets the injury excuse, yet Jackson was more injured coming out of the draft and is far smaller, yet gets in amongst and performs at a higher level.

I'm trying not to get down about Sinn, but what we paid really was exorbitant so far. Especially with Jackson from the same draft going past him at the moment.

The positive of that is I really like what Jackson does, he looks a really smart player who gets in the right positions and makes great decisions.

I'm hoping the Sinn stagnation is simply coach's directive and they're taking a long-term approach with development. But it's frustrating to watch with no information and the only knowledge being the capital we gave up for him.

Jackson’s ability to get from inside to outside the contest is great and not something easily taught. The last fortnight will have done wonders for his confidence - leading the midfield and winning games.

He’s never going to be the biggest or strongest so needs to get himself super fit by the end of the next preseason if he wants to play regular AFL. The more immediate goal should be to become a 30 possession player but I remember he was a huge ball winner in his draft year so I’m sure that will come.

Wouldn’t be the worst option for a run as sub at some point this year.

Re the development of Josh Sinn I'm hoping he is one of those players (ala Bergmann) who will perform much better at the higher level when he has better players around him, but that aside I would still prefer the club leave him at the Maggies for most of this season.

I can't recall too many Power draftees doing a real lot in the sanfl, eg Salopek who had huge wraps on him as an 18 yo looked fairly ordinary in his time at glenelg, and the only player that I can recall dominating from day 1 was that silly campaigner Nick Stevens, who after only a handful of games and 30 odd touches in each his coach at westies (Michael Taylor) described him as too good for this comp and bye bye we won't see you at this level again, and that was back in the 1990's when the sanfl was much stronger than it is today.

From memory in his first afl game, which was against Freo at footy park he had something like 25 touches playing on the wing and was considered by many to be in the best 2 or 3 players on the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back