2nds Port Adelaide vs Norwood - Round 5 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Saturday May 6th 2:30pm at Alberton Oval. Streaming on the AFL website/app. First home game at Alberton for the season.

Pending the injury list: Todd Marshall returning to the AFL side could mean Ollie Lord drops back down here. Lycett (back) and Pasini (corked thigh) to be assessed.

Note: This game is the day before the AFL game so the sub (EG: Evans) won't play, and perhaps another player might be held back.

After our first win of the season, we stay in 9th spot.
1682842505090.png

League Stats Leaders for Port:
Hugh Jackson ranked =2nd for Forward 50 Entries.
Nick Moore ranked 4th for Free Kicks For.
Nick Moore ranked 4th for Tackles.
Dante Visentini ranked 5th for Hitouts.
Sam Hayes ranked 8th for Hitouts.
Trent Dumont ranked 8th for Tackles.
Nick Moore ranked =8th for Clearances.

Maggies Changes:
IN: Lord, Burgoyne, Cheesman
OUT: Evans, Dumont (AFL), Lycett (Back)

Maggies Side:
F: Hayes - Scully - Szust
HF: Barkla - Lord - Kirk
C: Sinn - Moore - Mead
HB: Montgomery - Pasini - Jones
B: McCallum - Clurey - Burgoyne
R: Visentini - Hagan - Jackson
INT: Weidemann - Short - Turner - Cheesman
EMERG: Evans - Dumont

Last edited:
Lycett injured or needs a rest?

Got to get Lord and Hayes out of the 50 metre arc. Lord plays further up the ground Hayes rotates off the bench with Dante doing most of the ruck (we've obviously given up on Hayes) leave the inside 50 to Scully.

I know it is extremely unlikely but I'd like either Moore or Weidemann on our AFL list as the midseason pick.
Reward for effort.
With our growing injury list these guys including Monty are getting a chance to strut their stuff. Is it making the Maggies stronger?

From small sample I’ve watched of the Maggie’s side on the AFL app. I have been impressed with Barkla, probably not getting enough of it. But when he gets it seems clean and a smooth mover.
Do agree, very clean, smooth mover, nice skillset, definitely one to watch for the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just hope the blokes representing the Maggies are switched on for today's game as I have seen much better Port teams pushed to the limit by some fairly ordinary nord teams at Alberton in past decades.

Regardless of form or respective ladder positions their players would often lift for games against us, and they have given us some absolute smackings in night games at the parade in the last 10 years or so.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back