Review Positives and Negatives Vs Adelaide (R22)

Remove this Banner Ad

Elliot Yeo is better in the middle but he can't kick for s**t unless he's having a ping. Needs to relax his action, always seems on the edge.

Adelaide pressure.

Yeo's been playing back for a number of weeks - needs to play midfield more to get settled with tempo.

Needs to be in the centre square against St Kilda as a warm up for finals.

Adelaide pressure.

Yeo's been playing back for a number of weeks - needs to play midfield more to get settled with tempo.

I think a few of our backs, Yoe, Shep and X are showing real fatigue from having to play against KPF over the last few weeks.

I saw Shep in the Adelaide airport - he is light and was walking very sore

I don't want to watch the full game replay but would appreciate if someone could point me to any good passages of play involving Sheed

Ellis was terrible yesterday, yes the ball was coming out of the middle way too easily but he panicked time and time again, they scored 3 goals directly from his turnovers in the first term.
he wasn't on his Pat Malone but he had a shocker and has had similar games this season.
Just trust we can get a couple back in defence for the finals (Schofield, Wellingham, Butler).
Darling has only played half the year so I doubt he needs a rest, Shuey and Pridda would be the ones needing it but we need them for the St Kilda game!
I was suggesting it in case of his foot, I recall Simpson or another coaching member saying a few weeks ago ideally he would be able to have a break, coming of a somewhat limited base, he may have niggles, fatigue whatnot.

Schofield not being there in the back line is proving to be a bigger loss than people would have thought.
Get him back with Gov and even Barrass and Yeo might be able to get back to the midfield next week.

Schofield not being there in the back line is proving to be a bigger loss than people would have thought.
Get him back with Gov and even Barrass and Yeo might be able to get back to the midfield next week.
Schofield's defensive work has seriously gone under the radar imo. Can't recall him getting soundly beaten all year and been one of our most important players this year. Getting scored against rather easily the last few weeks has shown that.

Has definitely shanked some easy kicks of late unfortunately.

hurn has been surprisingly poor too. we've had some intense competition and lacked balance due to injuries over the past month and i also think teams are figuring out how to play us better.

as for schofield, i've always been a fan but he's played way beyond my expectations this year in a bigger defensive role. thought he might have been trade bait for geelong if he couldn't displace brown this year but he's handled the opportunity very nicely.

Schofield and Gov in the back line would be great for the finals. Maybe bring Wellers in and rest Shep against the Saints. Dont want to risk him.

Barrass is going to be a gem. Still needs a couple of preseasons but he didnt drop his head yesterday, competed, took a couple of eyecatching grabs, has a bit of height. Just needs to fill out. Not slow either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Omens are good.

Worst first quarter since Round 23 1992. A premiership year.

Another omen for you:
Footscray 7.11 (53) West Coast 3.5 (23) Whitten Oval Sunday 23, August 1992

Carlton 19.12 (126) West Coast 8.14 (62) Optus Oval Sunday 21, August 1994
West Coast 8.13 (61) Fremantle 18.10 (118) Subiaco Oval Sunday 27 August 2006

These are the results of the penultimate game of the home and away season in each of the premiership years.
Adelaide 19.12 (126) West Coast 10.9 (69) Adelaide Oval Sunday 30 August 2015, omen or just coincidence? I guess we will see in a few weeks.

Another omen for you:

These are the results of the penultimate game of the home and away season in each of the premiership years.
Adelaide 19.12 (126) West Coast 10.9 (69) Adelaide Oval Sunday 30 August 2015, omen or just coincidence? I guess we will see in a few weeks.

quality post

Another omen for you:

Good enough for me, flag confirmed

Adelaide pressure.

Agreed , Adelaides pressure was very good, most guys kicking wasn't flash against Adelaide but I think overall most guys have improved their kicking this year
Looking at the game against the doggies the kicking was pretty good and losing players hasn't made it any easier guys playing out of position etc, get Schoey Gov Wellers back will settle things a bit then Yeo back to midfield
He's a bonus there

Last edited:
I think a few of our backs, Yoe, Shep and X are showing real fatigue from having to play against KPF over the last few weeks.

I saw Shep in the Adelaide airport - he is light and was walking very sore

Shep copped a huge hit at the end of one of the quarters, maybe second or third. Stayed down a while - looked winded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back