Potential father-sons watch thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't Breust a "small" forward, and he is taller than Jack Dyer was in high heels.

I could say Bruest is taller than Bob Dyer was on stilts but nobody would know who I am talking about.

I do. And just for the record, Jack Dyer dated my mum back in the 30s. Had a few beers with him too. The point I'm making is how far can we stretch the word, SMALL?

Lucky Mum and did he pick............. forget about it

Ok, so today was Harry Dear day. First thing's first Harry doesn't have a nickname. His teammates do in fact call out "Harry" when he has the ball. Surely "bambi" would suffice.

He's a lump of a lad. Has only really just got his body in a state to play football after suffering quite a bit of injury last year.
He is a loper and looks like he's really lumbering, but then he does hit the ball at pace on the lead.
He does have nice hands, has a good leap, and doesn't mind throwing his weight around. He was instrumental in a late game fightback by the Dragons as the focal point for contests in the 50.

That being said it was very hard to gauge him today, and whether or not we'd bother drafting him. Is he just a big kid that's got no scope for improvement?
He spent the majority of his time moving between the goalsquare and ruck.
In the first quarter I watched as he spent the first 5-10 minutes forward before moving in the middle. Upon contesting his first bounce he muffed it completely, but the next four he got first hands on the ball and directed down to his mids.

Unfortunately for Harry, the dragons were copping a bit of a bath early on though, and he didn't bother the scorers. Unlike last week when he kicked 4.

Here's a few Harry-centric pics for those who've not seen him. He stands 197cm( a little birdy tells me) and is eligible to be drafted this year, should we see enough in him(maybe someone here might know the chances of that - and hey, we drafted Jordan Lisle, why not give Harry a go?).

He completely mis-timed the jump here.
tsdv.jpg

He got first hands on it here.
3st8.jpg

And didn't look back. Winning more than his fair share at the centre and around the ground.
0q5g.jpg

98nw.jpg

v3px.jpg

6d53.jpg

qvt1.jpg

x2op.jpg

Took this nice grab in the pocket and squared it up. His teammate dropped the mark and it was play on, moments late the balls was being scrummed over the goal line and Harry was involved there too.
byz1.jpg

This mark was taken right after the 3qtr time siren. It was called a dead ball. Pity.
dsbi.jpg

Looks like he's got a decent leap on him. Massive unit, especially for 18. Between him and Shem we'd have some young KPF size.

How's his kicking Echols?
He didn't get too many kicks, so it's hard to judge on that sample size. Seemed ok.

http://boundforglorynews.com/afl-bloodlines-round-six/

Harry Dear (Sandringham)

There is absolutely no stopping Harry Dear, this kid is a beauty. Aggressive in the air, clean at ground level, an appetite to ruck and throw himself at the football – he is a coach pleaser and a fan favourite. He kicked another three goals on the weekend and helped himself to five marks, of which two were contested. There is an aura about Dear, he just competes and demands the ball and when he hasn’t got it. he just wants it. He was again named in the best for Sandringham against the Queensland state side.

Also...
http://boundforglorynews.com/afl-bloodlines-potential-father-son-nominations/
Harry Dear (Sandringham Dragons)
Son of: Paul
Height: 197 cm
Weight: 98 kg
Position: Key Forward/Ruck
2014 Games: 4
Average Stats: 11 disposals, 3.2 marks, 3.7 tackles, 9 hitouts.
Draft Eligible: 2014

One of the most impressive and consistent players I’ve watched this season in the TAC Cup, Harry Dear is a beauty. Aggressive in the air, clean at ground level, an appetite to ruck and throw himself at the football – he is a coach pleaser and a fan favourite. Dear has deadly accuracy, scoring 13 goals from 15 shots this season and in terms of his marking capacity, half of his marks have been contested. Dear is strong prospect, not only for his athleticism and his sheer power, but he also runs a 14+ beep test, ranking in the elite for key position players. Spending time between centre half forward and the ruck makes Dear a tough player to match up on, because his impact on the game over four quarters is his biggest strength.

Both Harry Dear and Kyle Langford are part of the Vic Metro squads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://boundforglorynews.com/afl-bloodlines-round-six/

Harry Dear (Sandringham)

There is absolutely no stopping Harry Dear, this kid is a beauty. Aggressive in the air, clean at ground level, an appetite to ruck and throw himself at the football – he is a coach pleaser and a fan favourite. He kicked another three goals on the weekend and helped himself to five marks, of which two were contested. There is an aura about Dear, he just competes and demands the ball and when he hasn’t got it. he just wants it. He was again named in the best for Sandringham against the Queensland state side.

Also...
http://boundforglorynews.com/afl-bloodlines-potential-father-son-nominations/
Harry Dear (Sandringham Dragons)
Son of:
Paul
Height: 197 cm
Weight: 98 kg
Position: Key Forward/Ruck
2014 Games: 4
Average Stats: 11 disposals, 3.2 marks, 3.7 tackles, 9 hitouts.
Draft Eligible: 2014

One of the most impressive and consistent players I’ve watched this season in the TAC Cup, Harry Dear is a beauty. Aggressive in the air, clean at ground level, an appetite to ruck and throw himself at the football – he is a coach pleaser and a fan favourite. Dear has deadly accuracy, scoring 13 goals from 15 shots this season and in terms of his marking capacity, half of his marks have been contested. Dear is strong prospect, not only for his athleticism and his sheer power, but he also runs a 14+ beep test, ranking in the elite for key position players. Spending time between centre half forward and the ruck makes Dear a tough player to match up on, because his impact on the game over four quarters is his biggest strength.

Both Harry Dear and Kyle Langford are part of the Vic Metro squads.

Anyone know who won the game? Always like to see the Maroons do well. Surely Dear Harry will be ours. Mmm Weideman and Moore to Collingwood although Melbourne should have a claim on Moore. Those bloody Danihers. What do they feed them on that farm?

Seems Brisbane do OK out of F-S. Fitzroy weren't much chop over my lifetime, but the players seem to have spent some quality time in the sack.

Obviously that is why they were not much chop on a football field.

Anyone know who won the game? Always like to see the Maroons do well. Surely Dear Harry will be ours. Mmm Weideman and Moore to Collingwood although Melbourne should have a claim on Moore. Those bloody Danihers. What do they feed them on that farm?

:);):D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back