Preview Preliminary final - Hawthorn v Port Adelaide, MCG, 20 September 2014 @ 4.45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whats up Echols - I think there are a couple of schoolgirls on our board wanting a party. Maybe you could oblige?

Ok starting to get excited. One more sleep now and then get to see both prelims!
I never thought I'd say this, but I miss the footy show! Living abroad I don't get to see it these days. Who did the panel tip for both games incidentally?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horses for courses - if we'd been playing Freo instead of Port possibly Sewell and McEvoy in and Suckling and Ceglar out.
If we win, can't see Suckling playing in the GF unless he puts in a blinder (unlikely).

I have been saying "horses for courses" for a long time now, and if you listen to Clarko, he always says we will put out the 22 with the best chance of winning the game of footy. I'm sure all the players know their chances from week to week, from opponent to opponent, and are aware of what they must do to keep their places in the team.
At least we are in a position to change a winning team to suit different opponents. I don't think Port have the same depth as us, so their side is unchanged, even we play a much different game to Freo.

il back in the MC - as they have said all along, its horses for courses....quick transition is what we are after and suckers can give us that...

lets be thankful that we have these selection dilemnas...one could easily forget our predicament during the season when we were a long way off this 22....

and also, much as i am disappointed, i think it is the right call with cyril...lets win it, to make sure he gets a run next week

My wish is that Cyril can do what Simkin did last year. Two flags in two weeks!!!!

When they announced the teams on Sen last night they mentioned that the Hun was reporting an injury cloud over hale. Any news on this?

So that's injury rumors about Hale, Suckers and Burgers. Three late changes? The media are all over Port as they were with Freo next week. Maybe I should rephrase that, the media want anyone to win except us, but we should be used to that by now.

I hope Hale is good to go but we do have another ruck that has kicked 6 goals in 2 weeks in the VFL finals. BB is as good an inclusion you can get when losing a ruck man, if of course we are put in that situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back